Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Hunter

12,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
I don't like it when the main character is just "too good" :/ like they forgive too easily and stuff. emotion_zombie
I hate the weak women. I hate when the men just save the woman and disregard what she says. Ever notice how even in movies where both the male and female are supposedly badass, the woman always gets knocked out or trapped and the male has to save her?

I JUST WANT ME SOME KICKASS LADIES, HOLLYWOOD.

6,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
'Socially awkward nerds' who are super-stunning people with social skills who just discuss shallow fictional things once in a while.

Amateur Rogue

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
Slightly Fruity
I hate the weak women. I hate when the men just save the woman and disregard what she says. Ever notice how even in movies where both the male and female are supposedly badass, the woman always gets knocked out or trapped and the male has to save her?

I JUST WANT ME SOME KICKASS LADIES, HOLLYWOOD.

Exactly!

Timid Bookworm

"It's impossible for men and women to just be friends and not develop romantic feelings toward one another."
Celebrez la ******** whatever cliche a** character stereotype that the main character from the big bang theory has.

OH HAHA HE HAS ASPERGERS THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT?

NO. scream

other than that I dislike the cliché badass character who smokes and wears a damn leather jacket like its the early 1930's and the womanizing douchebag character who somehow acts like a monkey and yet still attracts every girl?[/a
j1t7ni3w:0="Celebrez la ******** whatever cliche a** character stereotype that the main character from the big bang theory has.

OH HAHA HE HAS ASPERGERS THAT'S FUNNY RIGHT?

NO. scream

other than that I dislike the cliché badass character who smokes and wears a damn leather jacket like its the early 1930's and the womanizing douchebag character who somehow acts like a monkey and yet still attracts every girl?[/align]

I love Sheldon! So what he is egotistical and socially awkward, that doesn't make him have Aspergers and if he does, so what, still he makes a great character!

User Image
Anyways, I agree with all of your cliche's.. here is some more I don't like.
In Action:
The hero will have no backup when dealing with the final confrontation, since reinforcements are always "10 minutes out," and show up after the main villain has been dead for a few seconds.

The other cops/soldiers he or she works with usually have some sort of issue that they're holding against the hero. The hero is usually distrusted among other members of his/her profession.

The main character will have one ally that has his/her back, and would follow the hero into hell if that's what it requires. This ally can have skills, which are good but not quite as good as the hero. However, the ally might be useless, and only exist within the film as the emotional bait used by the villain. The ally could also be the film's love interest.

The female lead in the film can go one of two ways. She will be a tough character that could kick almost any man's a**, who has somehow decided to fight criminals in the tightest, most form-fitting clothes possible (with cleavage thrown in for good measure), or she will be totally helpless.

If there are more than two leads in said action film, the two characters will be from different cultural backgrounds. The "buddy cop" action film allows for a message of diversity, while also kicking criminal a**.

A different variant of this are the action films that use the "Trading Places" formula. A white cop that has to go into a minority community to find his man, or a black cop that has to go into Beverly Hills to find his man.

After doing a number of just straight action films, the action film star is required to do an action film where he must act with children, and have an "oh so cute" moment before kicking criminal a**.

In Horror Movies:

as your friends/family are being hacked to bits day after day, it just sets the mood and always the perfect time to have sex with the boyfriend (who may or may not be the killer).

Instead of running out the front door, when confronted by serial killer/monster/alien, characters will instead trap themselves inside their domicile by running up the stairs, or into dark basements & closets.

If said characters should be smart enough to run out the front door, brand new cars, which had no sign of problems earlier in the film, usually have problems starting.

If the lights go out, do NOT look for the circuit breaker! Look for the damn door!

Cellphones & flashlights are affected with either low batteries or no signal at the most innoportune times.

Apparently all evil monsters, aliens and serial killers are racists, since people of color hardly ever survive, and usually die first in horror movies.

If you should hear something that sounds like screaming and/or a death rattle coming from the other room, the words "Let's Go Check It Out" should not come out of your mouth. And if your friend, boyfriend or girlfriend should say it, they're an idiot that's going to get you killed, possessed or eaten.

If in a group larger than 3 people, the characters must not do the logical thing of staying together when trying to escape from the haunted house, scary-a** woods or other place in the middle of nowhere. No, they must split up so they can "Cover More Ground" and be killed off one by one.

People over the age of 30 are useless. This includes the police and anyone of any authority. No matter how much evidence you may have that weird s**t is happening, your parents will not believe you. In fact, the more you protest, the more they will think you are crazy and take actions that will indirectly help the killer to kill you (example: parents in the 'Nightmare On Elm Street' films loading their kids up with sleeping pills).

Romantic Comedies:

Guy loves girl who is a bad person. Guy's best friend, who happens to be female, is secretly in love with him. Guy realizes in the final act that his female best friend is his true love, and they live happily ever after.

Guy from the wrong side of the tracks is in love with high-society Girl. Guy & girl's parents disapprove of their coupling. However, in the end, love conquers all, and they live happily ever after.

Nerdy guy pines away for the school cheerleader/popular girl. Through a series of wacky & zany circumstances, the two become friends. The more popular girl gets to know nerdy guy, the more she fall in love. A misunderstanding will occur that threatens to doom their budding relationship, before they declare their true love in the final scene & live happily ever after.

Nerdy girl pines away for the school quarterback/jock. After getting a makeover, which consists of removing her glasses, putting on makeup, and getting her hair done, Nerdy girl finally gets a date with school quarterback/jock. However, she realizes how superficial he is at the last moment, and rushes back into the arms of the nerdy guy that loved her pre-makeover to live happily ever after.

more on here, and this is where I got them:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/01/28/939427/-The-Worst-Film-TV-Cliches

Amateur Rogue

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
I can't stand girls in action movies who are useless and whiny as ****! scream

Dangerous Sex Symbol

I can't stand the annoying character that stays for the longest time, plus in movies where it's obvious that the guy likes the girl and throughout the movie, he's doing everything he can to win her over and then finally at the end she sees it and she's like "He likes me???!!!" It's like no, no, he risked so much and did extravagant things for no apparent reason...

Tipsy Shapeshifter

7,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I really dislike when there's two guys who really want the same girl. omg, but then I guess that is quite a lot of chick flickz. Guess I just dont like those :/

Interesting Seeker

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I can't stand what I call the rich/rival cliche where you have this guy/girl have EVERYTHING handed to them, has little to no talent whatsoever (unless stated otherwise), leans on family history based on stupid trophies/prizes earned in the cabinet and it's all for trying to make the protagonist's life a living hell. mad

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
The "Jerkass-Kharma Houdini-Designated Hero" protagonist. That has caused me to hate several shows and movies that people insist that I watch.

xx Gnellie's King

Raider

Some say the world will end in ℱire.
Some say in ιce.

"Hey, let's all the four of us go into the woods and ******** party!" emotion_awesome

From what I've tasted of ⅅesire.
I hold with those who favor ℱire.

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
The Standard Female Grab Area, in which a female character that was otherwise competent is somehow reduced to being completely inept and requiring rescue upon having the bad guy grab her arm. Not "pointing a gun to her head," or "holding a knife to her throat;" that would make sense. I'm talking about just. Holding. Her arm. It's amazing how COMMON this still is. Not just for dainty little damsels, but powerful women who would ordinarily be capable of defending themselves from this person. I mean, at least give them the dignity of being overpowered with a weapon, if you absolutely MUST have a male character rescue her. Uhg.

Kawaii Shoujo

Characters who take it overboard on the complaining/whinging... like in The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader where Lucy, Edmund, and their cousin Eustace do nothing but complain about their looks, need for more power, and constant greed throughout the entire journey.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff