Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Star

Are there movies out there that you really enjoy, but other people think they're dumb and you feel that you are the only person in the world who likes those movies?

For me it would be Dinner For Schmucks. I thought that it had an unique sense of humor and I laughed through most of the movie. Grant it did have that thing in most movies that I really despise. The liar reveal story and the misunderstanding of a situation that causes the person to hate the other person and they eventually end up getting along in the end, but other than that I thought it was great. Plus, one of my most favorite inspirational quotes is from this movie that is said by one of the main characters, Barry.

"So dare to dream. Dream your wildest dreams. You can climb the highest mountain. You can drown in a teacup, if you find a big enough teacup. And if somebody tells you that you can't do something, you say, "Yes, I can. 'Cause I'm doing it right now!"

Mewling Genius

8,800 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
It really depends on what you mean by "no one else", in my group of friends no one else really liked Ghost World.

Dangerous Player

Well i can;t name any i loved, but i really liked "Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace."

Alien Star

StarDissident
It really depends on what you mean by "no one else", in my group of friends no one else really liked Ghost World.

Perhaps I should reword this. Movies that most people hate, but are movies that you like.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Many people seem to dislike Thor.

I don't understand it.
First of all, you got SPACE VIKING GODS
Then, you got one of the most brilliant actors of our days, Tom Hiddleston
And on top of that, it's not a story where one faceless villain wants to take over the planet and the hero has to stop him. No! Instead you have the best superhero movie antagonist (won't call him villain) since Magneto: Loki!

What's not to like about this movie?
No black and white, good and bad. It has humour, action and beautiful costumes.
It's not a very clever movie, but it's fun.

It is one of my top three superhero movies and I don't see why so many people hate it.

High-functioning Vampire

The Lone Ranger. Everyone was saying it was one of the worst movies of the year, but I really liked it a lot.
OMG seriously! this happens to me all the timmmeee..
heres a few movies i love and everyone else hates

1. Marie Antoinette
2. lost in traslation
and...and....

3. empire of the sun ( the one with young batman/ christian bale) <3

Lonely Cultist

b-horror films-y'know, the low budget movies that are so bad, their good? like Class of Nuke' em High

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
I love Pacific Rim but everyone in my family hated it. It's the perfect combo of mechas and fighting giant monsters.

Eternal Shade

11,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
“Hope. It is the most important thing in the world. I believe that now more than ever. Hope is what saved my life, hope is what gave me the courage and the strength to carry on.

I loved Guyver but my whole family hated it, I thought it was great. It was cheesy and it had B-Flick special effects as far as I was concerned there was nothing to hate. well maybe some of the dialogue

Hope – that unshakeable, golden belief that things can get better. ” - Execution by Alexander Gordon Smith

Invisible Warrior

18,825 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100
everyone in my family hates the 1996 version of romeo and juliet
but that's mainly because it's shakespeare

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
All of Michael Bay's Transformers? I know the reviews for it are terrible, but me and my friends love giant fighting robots that turn into vehicles to death

Eloquent Streaker

The Grinch with Jim Carrey is almost universally regarded as a terrible movie, but I enjoy it. Not because I don't think it's a terrible movie (it is), but because it's one of those "so bad you can't help but enjoy how bad it is" movies.

Judge Dredd (the Stallone one; the Karl Urban one was pretty good) sits in that same vein of movies.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff