Welcome to Gaia! ::

I went to the midnight premiere as well, which was the first one I've ever been to so that was pretty neat. The movie was great. I wasn't too sure about them casting a new Hulk (especially since Edward Norton is one of my favorite actors), but Mark Ruffalo did a fantastic job.

Quotable Prophet

You can't help but enjoy a good crossover. I definitely want to go see the Avengers soon.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I saw it 10 days ago. lol.
yokyun
Captain Talavar
navila10
Why isn 't spiderman in the movie? He's a marvel.

1. There are loads of Marvel characters. Not all of them are Avengers.
2. Spider-Man has only really been an Avenger very recently, and I don't think that's even true anymore anyway.
3. That's just in the comics. Movies are different. The Spider-Man movies are owned by Sony. Marvel whored out its properties to other film studios before the idea occurred to them that they could develop movies in-house, which is what they've been doing since the first Iron Man, building up to the Avengers. However, these other companies want to make money off of these famous characters, so they're going to hold on to those rights until Marvel and Disney buy them back.

Spiderman Has been in the Avengers comics Many time's He was never an avenger (as far as i know) But he has help them out many a times. Marvel characters crossed over all the time over the years. Witch I allways liked when the did that.

outer hero's that were a part of the avengers

ant-man, The Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Swordsman, Hercules, Black Panther, Vision, Black Knight, Mantis, Beast, Moondragon, Hellcat, Two-Gun Kid, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Falcon, Tigra, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Starfox, Namor, Doctor Druid, and none of them Are in the movie.

To read more about the avengers comic here is a link to a wiki article on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_(comics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avengers_members

You don't have to inform me of how many characters have been associated with the Avengers. The point is, Spider-Man wasn't an Avenger until fairly recently, and that wasn't for very long. And the whole thing is a moot point because Marvel/Disney do not own the

FILM

RIGHTS

to Spider-Man. Marvel sold those rights to Sony ages ago, before the thought ever occurred to them to develop projects in-house. If you would actually READ what I'm saying, this would be clearer to you.

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
One of the best movies I've ever seen. Hell to the yea! heart

Eloquent Streaker

navila10
Spider-Man's not an Avenger for the most part, and on top of that they're releasing the reboot in the summer. Wouldn't have made sense to put him in.

balkanprinc3ss's Husband

5,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
At first i was like "^WHAAAAA!!!!!!OMG!!!!". Now a day removed it was good but not as amazing as I would have thought. I liked the film don't get me wrong but some parts were cheesy and seemed to cater to the younger crowd.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Tycoon 200
SakuraSyaoran
It was friggen AMAZING! I promise you there is no movie better than this. It beats Avatar 10 times over! Each and every hero had important face time! They were all equal and there were absolutely none more important than the other. Oh by the way *Spoiler Alert* Loki got his a** beat big time! And I'm not gonna say who did it either. Let's just say, once he was down....he STAYED his a** down! I'm planning on seeing it again! It was so wonderful!

i'm... LIKIN' the Thor costume, gurl blaugh

Dangerous Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Tycoon 200
navila10

i remember a rumor about that he'll be in the second avengers; the spiderman with Toby Maguire is owned by sony, so he's not invited.

gummie_sourball's Husband

Witty Fairy

Spoiler Alert
I love Thanos.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Tycoon 200
yokyun
Captain Talavar
navila10

1. There are loads of Marvel characters. Not all of them are Avengers.
2. Spider-Man has only really been an Avenger very recently, and I don't think that's even true anymore anyway.
3. That's just in the comics. Movies are different. The Spider-Man movies are owned by Sony. Marvel whored out its properties to other film studios before the idea occurred to them that they could develop movies in-house, which is what they've been doing since the first Iron Man, building up to the Avengers. However, these other companies want to make money off of these famous characters, so they're going to hold on to those rights until Marvel and Disney buy them back.

Spiderman Has been in the Avengers comics Many time's He was never an avenger (as far as i know) But he has help them out many a times. Marvel characters crossed over all the time over the years. Witch I allways liked when the did that.

outer hero's that were a part of the avengers

ant-man, The Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Swordsman, Hercules, Black Panther, Vision, Black Knight, Mantis, Beast, Moondragon, Hellcat, Two-Gun Kid, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Falcon, Tigra, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Starfox, Namor, Doctor Druid, and none of them Are in the movie.

To read more about the avengers comic here is a link to a wiki article on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_(comics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avengers_members

hey, i just had an idea, if Marvel hadn't sold the fantastic four to sony and were able to put them in the avengers, who would they get to play Johnny Storm? cuz with Chris Evans as Captain America, ya can't have him play two parts, can you? that would be awkward? eek

Dangerous Lunatic

8,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Tycoon 200
Prince Baldr
Spoiler Alert
I love Thanos.

if you're referring to my comment about spider man, it's just a rumor; can't confirm or deny it's reality.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
misterNIGHTSHADE
At first i was like "^WHAAAAA!!!!!!OMG!!!!". Now a day removed it was good but not as amazing as I would have thought. I liked the film don't get me wrong but some parts were cheesy and seemed to cater to the younger crowd.

what's wrong with catering to the younger crowd? keep in mind, society thinks people like us are too old for this type of stuff; superheroes.

Hesitant Hero

14,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
misterNIGHTSHADE

we must not have been watching the same film, i didn't get that feeling at all

balkanprinc3ss's Husband

5,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Samuel Grant
misterNIGHTSHADE

what's wrong with catering to the younger crowd? keep in mind, society thinks people like us are too old for this type of stuff; superheroes.

The whole Hulk smashing up Loki at the end. The "Cheap Laugh" attempt when Hulk punched Thor out of the shot at the end. Things like that. It was to cater to the younger crowd.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff