Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Gaian

SakuraSyaoran
It was friggen AMAZING! I promise you there is no movie better than this. It beats Avatar 10 times over! Each and every hero had important face time! They were all equal and there were absolutely none more important than the other. Oh by the way *Spoiler Alert* Loki got his a** beat big time! And I'm not gonna say who did it either. Let's just say, once he was down....he STAYED his a** down! I'm planning on seeing it again! It was so wonderful!

emotion_bigheart

Fashionable Gaian

Lord Loki420

emotion_bigheart

Fashionable Gaian

Short Change Hero
I just got back from The Avengers. Figured I'd go for the matinee fee of $6. I thought Marvel was just gonna screw this up like all of their other movies, especially with so many characters involved, but this movie is amazing.. you gotta go see it. mrgreen

emotion_bigheart
Dude, the Avengers was AMAZING! I don't know why this Star Wars vs. Avengers thing is going on. Yes, it is May 4th and the whole "may the 4th be with you" pun does work with the stars wars thing, but Avengers is clearly the better option! Midnight premier was amazing though I gotta see it again cause people were clapping during some parts of the movie so we couldnt hear everything...

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I am going this weekend to see it and can't wait!!! Was wondering how the new guy playing the Hulk was going to work out but it sounds like the movie is going to be great.
SakuraSyaoran
Captain Talavar
navila10
Why isn 't spiderman in the movie? He's a marvel.

1. There are loads of Marvel characters. Not all of them are Avengers.
2. Spider-Man has only really been an Avenger very recently, and I don't think that's even true anymore anyway.
3. That's just in the comics. Movies are different. The Spider-Man movies are owned by Sony. Marvel whored out its properties to other film studios before the idea occurred to them that they could develop movies in-house, which is what they've been doing since the first Iron Man, building up to the Avengers. However, these other companies want to make money off of these famous characters, so they're going to hold on to those rights until Marvel and Disney buy them back.

Iwil lcry for the day that our darling Spidy is returned home to Marvel and Disney! Song friggen destroyed him! Now he's all emo and dark about who killed his parents! And get this...they changed the mother friggen story! And I mean the heart of the story....him getting his spider powers was no accident....WTF! Thats the whole point of the comic! He was a random nerd who went to a lab and got bitten by a radioactive spider! That was the whole beauty of the story and they ruined it. I'm not seeing this movie...the effects look pretty awesome, but I want my original Spiderman back damn it!

1. Emo and dark? Have you seen the trailers? This Spidey is more wise-cracking and sarcastic than the last one was.

2. They're not changing a whole lot. He still ends up walking into a lab and getting bitten by some crazy spider thing (it hasn't technically been just "radioactive" in a long time).

3. The mystery of Peter's parents has always been there. In the original Marvel U it was revealed that they were spies. In fact, they were agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. like Nick Fury. This film, however, seems to suggest that they were biologists, which fits the Ultimate Spider-Man story.

4. It's been long known that this new movie was taking some inspiration from Ultimate Spider-Man.

5. You must not be very familiar with the old web-head, because despite his wise-cracking attitude, he's always been one of the more tragic, emotional characters. People die around him so many times throughout his history it's unreal.

6. They're starting off this rebooted universe with Gwen Stacy as his main love interest and he doesn't have organic webbing. In these ways and several others, it's closer to the comics than the last movies were. I'm pretty sure Doc Ock didn't become a villain because his arms gained sentience and told him what to do.
MissMissie
Short Change Hero
I just got back from The Avengers. Figured I'd go for the matinee fee of $6. I thought Marvel was just gonna screw this up like all of their other movies, especially with so many characters involved, but this movie is amazing.. you gotta go see it. mrgreen

emotion_bigheart
Don't forget tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day! Go to http://www.freecomicbookday.com/storelocator to see participating stores.

Fashionable Gaian

Flora_Nightshade
I am going this weekend to see it and can't wait!!! Was wondering how the new guy playing the Hulk was going to work out but it sounds like the movie is going to be great.

emotion_bigheart

Fashionable Gaian

Linthirwen
Dude, the Avengers was AMAZING! I don't know why this Star Wars vs. Avengers thing is going on. Yes, it is May 4th and the whole "may the 4th be with you" pun does work with the stars wars thing, but Avengers is clearly the better option! Midnight premier was amazing though I gotta see it again cause people were clapping during some parts of the movie so we couldnt hear everything...

emotion_bigheart
MissMissie
Linthirwen

emotion_bigheart

You just heart anything Avenger related dont you? razz

Fashionable Gaian

Linthirwen
MissMissie
Linthirwen

emotion_bigheart

Have to recruit so Star Wars won't get them. . . or bronys.
MissMissie
Linthirwen
MissMissie
Linthirwen

emotion_bigheart

Have to recruit so Star Wars won't get them. . . or bronys.

lol. oh I see. And did you notice the star wars peeps get different names while we only get revenger? or is that just me not looking hard enough for other Avenger peeps?

Fashionable Gaian

Linthirwen
lol. oh I see. And did you notice the star wars peeps get different names while we only get revenger? or is that just me not looking hard enough for other Avenger peeps?

Avengers also has Trickster for Loki fans.

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
My bf wants to go see Avengers

10,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
Captain Talavar
navila10
Why isn 't spiderman in the movie? He's a marvel.

1. There are loads of Marvel characters. Not all of them are Avengers.
2. Spider-Man has only really been an Avenger very recently, and I don't think that's even true anymore anyway.
3. That's just in the comics. Movies are different. The Spider-Man movies are owned by Sony. Marvel whored out its properties to other film studios before the idea occurred to them that they could develop movies in-house, which is what they've been doing since the first Iron Man, building up to the Avengers. However, these other companies want to make money off of these famous characters, so they're going to hold on to those rights until Marvel and Disney buy them back.

Spiderman Has been in the Avengers comics Many time's He was never an avenger (as far as i know) But he has help them out many a times. Marvel characters crossed over all the time over the years. Witch I allways liked when the did that.

outer hero's that were a part of the avengers

ant-man, The Wasp, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Swordsman, Hercules, Black Panther, Vision, Black Knight, Mantis, Beast, Moondragon, Hellcat, Two-Gun Kid, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Falcon, Tigra, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Starfox, Namor, Doctor Druid, and none of them Are in the movie.

To read more about the avengers comic here is a link to a wiki article on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_(comics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avengers_members

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces