Yes, and it was okay... 0.088235294117647 8.8% [ 15 ]
Yes, and it was terrible. :( 0.017647058823529 1.8% [ 3 ]
No, but I want to. 0.15882352941176 15.9% [ 27 ]
No, and I don't think I will. 0.14117647058824 14.1% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 170 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Shy Strawberry

I loved it, it made me an emotional wreck. sweatdrop
They cleared up any answered questions from Phase 1, like say, what happened to all the important characters after the first movie.
Oh! And I mustn't forget the fighting sequences, they were wonderful.

My advice: Please watch it!

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
obamaurmama
Winniwyn
Personally I think this might actually be my favorite marvel movie to date, and yes I'm including Avengers.
God, same, and I honestly can't believe I wound up feeling that way. I've never been a HUGE Cap fan until the movies. I could do without him in the comics (for the most part), but when they started doing this particular series of movies, I was done for. SO ******** good.

That's too bad. I have't really read much Cap in a team setting (So, no Avengers or anything of the sort), but I positively love Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America's solo comics. The Winter Soldier story line being one of my favorites.

Wintry Avenger

Winniwyn
obamaurmama
Winniwyn
Personally I think this might actually be my favorite marvel movie to date, and yes I'm including Avengers.
God, same, and I honestly can't believe I wound up feeling that way. I've never been a HUGE Cap fan until the movies. I could do without him in the comics (for the most part), but when they started doing this particular series of movies, I was done for. SO ******** good.

That's too bad. I have't really read much Cap in a team setting (So, no Avengers or anything of the sort), but I positively love Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America's solo comics. The Winter Soldier story line being one of my favorites.
I'm reading it right now, actually. The movies got me hooked. I just read...um. Something. And something else, LMAO. But I'm on Brubaker's now.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
As of the last time I checked, IMDB ranked the new Cap at 8.3, which is one point higher than Avengers. Having seen it, I'd say that it's a lot better than the first Cap, but not better than Avengers.

I only have two real critiques about the movie.

1) Cap's fighting style is too... nimble, I guess the word would be, during several encounters (like the first one), as are most peoples'. It seemed like pretty much everyone had been taking lessons from Natasha, or something.

2)
Coulson wasn't in it. I know he's busy off with Skye, Ward, and all of them, but I was hoping we'd see him.
Oh well; at least Sitwell dies.

Witty Werewolf

9,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Arcoon Effox
As of the last time I checked, IMDB ranked the new Cap at 8.3, which is one point higher than Avengers. Having seen it, I'd say that it's a lot better than the first Cap, but not better than Avengers.

1) Cap's fighting style is too... nimble, I guess the word would be, during several encounters (like the first one), as are most peoples'. It seemed like pretty much everyone had been taking lessons from Natasha, or something.

2)
Coulson wasn't in it. I know he's busy off with Skye, Ward, and all of them, but I was hoping we'd see him.

It seems like everyone in action movies (especially superhero movies) fights with that same style these days. I think it sadly has more to do with the choreographer than the character.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
Mardil
Arcoon Effox

2)

It seems like everyone in action movies (especially superhero movies) fights with that same style these days. I think it sadly has more to do with the choreographer than the character.
I know, but it's just annoying to me because Cap isn't a ninja/martial artist/assassin/whatever, and Avengers wasn't like that. In that movie, Widow fought like Widow, Hawkeye fought like Hawkeye, Cap fought like Cap, etc. Maybe it's because they had different choreographers, maybe it's because Avengers had the advantage of Joss Wheedon being at the helm, but whatever it was, Cap shouldn't be so light-weight.

Now, as far as elevating shield-bashing to an art form, that was something they got spot-on. A few of the shield-tosses almost felt like something out of Xena, but that didn't really bother me.

Witty Werewolf

9,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Arcoon Effox

I know, but it's just annoying to me because Cap isn't a ninja/martial artist/assassin/whatever, and Avengers wasn't like that. In that movie, Widow fought like Widow, Hawkeye fought like Hawkeye, Cap fought like Cap, etc. Maybe it's because they had different choreographers, maybe it's because Avengers had the advantage of Joss Wheedon being at the helm, but whatever it was, Cap shouldn't be so light-weight.

Now, as far as elevating shield-bashing to an art form, that was something they got spot-on. A few of the shield-tosses almost felt like something out of Xena, but that didn't really bother me.

I just checked it out on IMDB, and yes, they were different people. The Captain America guy looks like he wasn't as experienced and mostly worked in tv before this.

Witty Werewolf

9,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Winniwyn
obamaurmama
Winniwyn

Was that story written before the movie or afterwards, as a tie-in?

Patriotic Hero

15,925 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
It was amazing! But my opinion is biased

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Mardil
Winniwyn
obamaurmama
Winniwyn

Was that story written before the movie or afterwards, as a tie-in?

Waaaay before. It's what the movie was more or less based on. Winter Soldier has also had his own solo comic for a while now as well.

Further more, I remember reading an interview with Ed Brubaker where he talked about how he was basically told that without his run on Captain America (and if I remember correctly, they were talking about the Winter Soldier story line in particular. ) there wouldn't have been any Captain America movies and they might have skipped him for the Avengers as well. It's too late right now, but I'll try to track down that interview sometime soon because I'm a bit foggy on the details.

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I just saw it last night and it was awesome! Also people left right when the credits started rolling.....I thought people would know by now that marvel puts stingers in the credits emo

Patriotic Hero

15,925 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Bucky has been cap, for a while even. When (spoiler in white) Steve dies

Demonic Lunatic

okay, that movie was AMAZING.
I mean captain america is one of my least favorite superheroes but DAMN that movie was GOOD!

THE CINIMATOGRAPHY AND THE PLOT AND THE REFERANCES AND THE SCRIPT AND THE EFFECTS AND IT WAS REALLY REALLY GOOD!

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Arcoon Effox
Mardil
Arcoon Effox

2)

Actually, Cap is a martial artist, martial artist and agility expert are even listed on his wikipedia page. In fact he has a reputation for being one of the best martial artists in the marvel universe. If we're going for a more accurate Captain America, then Winter Soldier is actually doing it right and Avengers had it wrong (not that I'd say he was a slouch in that movie either). My guess is that the directors and choreographer were trying to bring out that aspect of the character more in this movie.
I.adore.this.movie. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces