Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Nuts With Chocolate
Metronome
God I hate I Love You, Phillip Morris.

You wait for ages to see Ewan McGreggor to do some gay s**t, and then he has to do it with Jim Carrey.

Couldn't have been Ryan Gosling, huh?

Never seen it.

Oh, it's a good film, but how am I supposed to get my jack on when Jim Carrey's in it? It's an impossibility.

Dangerous Inquisitor

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Metronome
Nuts With Chocolate
Metronome
God I hate I Love You, Phillip Morris.

You wait for ages to see Ewan McGreggor to do some gay s**t, and then he has to do it with Jim Carrey.

Couldn't have been Ryan Gosling, huh?

Never seen it.

Oh, it's a good film, but how am I supposed to get my jack on when Jim Carrey's in it? It's an impossibility.

Lol

Dangerous Visionary

I can't believe this is a new thread! Get Logo if you want to see more Gay people or Sundance channel was pretty good with that. We have more GLBT characters than ever before. It has gotten a lot better than back in the days of Will and Grace.

Hilarious Lunatic

Will from Will and Grace.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
i dont know what a luffy or natsu is

Dangerous Inquisitor

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Metroid Dread

Look it up.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Miss-dark8607
I can't believe this is a new thread! Get Logo if you want to see more Gay people

Get Logo if you want to see terrible gay people.

Logo's the worst.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
Nuts With Chocolate
Metroid Dread

Look it up.

oh
anime stuff

this thread makes sense now

Dangerous Inquisitor

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Metroid Dread
Nuts With Chocolate
Metroid Dread

Look it up.

oh
anime stuff

this thread makes sense now

Not just anime.

Dangerous Visionary

Metronome
Miss-dark8607
I can't believe this is a new thread! Get Logo if you want to see more Gay people

Get Logo if you want to see terrible gay people.

Logo's the worst.

I thought it was decent when we had the free preview. The documentaries were nice (I know its kind of like BET and Lifetime but its a start). Well to make up for that comment I can also suggest Netflix then, it has a lot of GLBT movies too and its a mix bag too. 3nodding

Liberal Fairy

Redd Dayspring
Will from Will and Grace.

>A> yes.

I don't think gay people can look up to him though. he sucks pretty hard. jack is supposed to be the likeable self-accepting one but they're all insufferable caricatures.
Have to say I disagree with you to a point. I mean, in the last ten/twenty years gay characters have only increased and become more diverse in the media. There may not be the widest variety of stories featuring gay characters, but those characters are still out there.

Some recommendations:

TV:
Torchwood
Six Feet Under
WonderFalls

Film:
Bent
The Object of My Affection
Little Miss Sunshine

Eloquent Sex Symbol

9,675 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
If they made a movie about a gay man as the main character, I'd like it to be a movie where his sexuality is not his defining point. In other words, a story about a man who happens to be gay, but that's not what the movie is about.

Edit: I'd be worried that if they did make a movie with a gay main character, that'd be what they would focus heavily on.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Princess Bane
If they made a movie about a gay man as the main character, I'd like it to be a movie where his sexuality is not his defining point. In other words, a story about a man who happens to be gay, but that's not what the movie is about.

User Image

Have fun.

Aged Lunatic

Exoth XIII
I have seen a gay character done well exactly once, to my recollection. One of Scott Pilgrim's friend.
Be careful what you wish for. I get the feeling a gay protagonist, in today's media, would be a bit... campy.

Aside from a groaning drag sequence, Willem Da Foe's character in Boondock Saints was a pretty respectable, so it's a start.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff