melissa Ivory
Caerthakatha
All I can think of is that one episode of Doctor Who
from the other year — Midnight — where the Powers That Be decided
that what that episode really needed was a lesbian. And, of course, there was
an obligatory 'O MAH GAWD, ITZ A DYKE' moment when they, out of nowhere,
brought up her sex life and she put the emphasis on 'she'. Yes, because
that was something that we wanted to know, needed to know,
and added to the character development, apparently.

I don't think this is a fair description of what happened. The Doctor has a talent for getting
people's trust and in the case of the episode "Midnight", he and Sky was talking about travelling,
which is why she mentioned being alone and he asked why, prompting the response she
gave that her partner wanted space. It was a way to show that, in the future,
GLBT* persons will be see as absolutely normal.

Granted, that's not the only example of GLBT* in Doctor Who. There are also characters—
Captain Jack Harkness (Pansexual), Ianto Jones (Bisexual), Lady Cassandra (Trans*),
and Madam Vestra & Jenny (lesbians & partners)—who are just a small sample of
GLBT* inclusion in the new production of this series.

In terms of the promotion for that episode, however, the one thing they advertised as a gimmick
through the period of around two weeks before was that there was going to be a lesbian character.
Every single magazine I picked up had Sky on the cover with the Doctor, and a quote from RTD
about lesbians. They made out it was such a huge ******** deal and that it would be a major part
of the episode when it was a two-second hint. All it did was make the anti-LGBT brigade notice it
was going to happen on a certain date and get out their 'NOT IF I CAN HELP IT' goggles.

Even a day before the episode was going out, all I knew about the episode despite having been a
huge fan at the time and buying up all UK magazines about it, was that it was going to be 'something
that outdoes even the Doctor', 'shakes his confidence' and which 'introduces a lesbian character'. To
be honest, I was more ******** excited that it had Patrick Troughton's son in it! Why was that not
a major point?!

(... And I have no idea who Madam Vestra and Jenny are...)

Popular Smoker

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200

It would deprive all the women of the thought of being with that guy. They have to be straight so the homosexuals are forever envious. xD

Dangerous Inquisitor

10,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Hojo Light

It would deprive all the women of the thought of being with that guy. They have to be straight so the homosexuals are forever envious. xD

emotion_donotwant

Popular Smoker

5,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Nuts With Chocolate
Hojo Light

emotion_donotwant

I am just saying, they really want to make all homosexuals envious, even though they did nothing wrong.

There are comic books with gay main characters but and I only know one of which some might argue that the protagonist (or antagonist) is portrayed as perpetuating the stereotype that gay men are sex driven creatures. I think it has to do with a muscular devil thing that ******** a lot of other creatures/humans? I don't know. I may be completely wrong.
Jack Harkness is omnisexual, but has been with men mostly. So yeah.
watch my own private idaho (1991) and the whole Gus Van Sant films.

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Yeah, Hollywood is currently one big circle jerk to strait white guys. Don't count on it. sad

Steadfast Bloodsucker

Try watching Vice Ganda's movies. Philippines loves him so much ^^

FastXBlaze's Waifu

Don't we all <.<

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Nessrocks08
There are comic books with gay main characters but and I only know one of which some might argue that the protagonist (or antagonist) is portrayed as perpetuating the stereotype that gay men are sex driven creatures. I think it has to do with a muscular devil thing that ******** a lot of other creatures/humans? I don't know. I may be completely wrong.
Young Avengers is great for portraying it in a casual way. Wiccan and Hulking are like bro's who are little bit closer. No one makes a deal about it and they kick a**.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Annata Cannata
Yeah, Hollywood is currently one big circle jerk to strait white guys. Don't count on it. sad
Lol what?

Will Smith is one of thie highest paid actors our there.
Money Penny is now black
Nick Fury is now Black
Spiderman is now black
Kingpin From daredevil was played by the great late Michael Clark Duncan
Harvey Dent was Black in the 1989 batman
Catwoman played by halle berry (although not selina kyle)
Jessica Alba dies her hair and puts in contacts to play a white susan storm. (blackface bad, whiteface good?)
Alicia Masters (The thing's Girldfriend FF) is now black
Hiemdell (spelling) from thor is now black
New karate kid was black (and the movie wasn;t about karate)

I could do this all night but open you eyes

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Extra-Fancy Rachael
Don't we all <.<
Also do you have any idea how highly rated sitcoms star gay characters? This isn't even a new thing. Will and Grace did it 10 years ago

Profitable Gatekeeper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
ProjectLazy
Annata Cannata
Lol what?

Money Penny is now black
Nick Fury is now Black
Spiderman is now black
Jessica Alba dies her hair and puts in contacts to play a white susan storm. (blackface bad, whiteface good?)

This thread is about protagonists, right? Very few get to be protagonist unless its an "issue" movie.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Annata Cannata
ProjectLazy
Annata Cannata
Lol what?

Money Penny is now black
Nick Fury is now Black
Spiderman is now black

This thread is about protagonists, right? Very few get to be protagonist unless its an "issue" movie.
spiderman, su storm and cat woman are all pro tags and will smith did a two hour film were he is the last man on earth. O yah that character was white too. Come on Hollywood caters to minorities

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff