Welcome to Gaia! ::

12,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Malee
Indigo Kitsune
Over all this is one of the best, and most mature animated Disney movies, that I have seen in a while. From what I have read, it isn't meant to be a retelling of the Big Hero 6 comic books form the 90's, but is probably more closely related to a manga called Baymax. However the manga for Baymax is much more recent and from what I can tell it is meant to be an adaptation of the Big Hero 6 comic book. But ether way, the movie for Big Hero 6, is part of a long tradition of Disney adapting and retelling stories. This is also a movie that I love and am looking foreword to buying on DVD, or getting the DVD Blue Ray combo pack, if there is a Baymax toy inside.

From what I can find the movie that we know is Big Hero 6 is called Baymax in Japan.
Bymax is a manga by Ueno Haruki and the manga also has the Disney logo on the cover

Also one of my favorite characters form the movie, Tadashi isn't in the Big Hero 6 comic book, but he is in the Baymax manga. Ether way I am interested to see what Disney will do with their manga and even more interested in seeing if the manga has or will be coming out in America. I would also like to take a look at the first isue of Big Hero 6 and see what the people at Marvel Comics originally come up with.

The Baymax manga is a promotional manga that Disney is putting out, its a prequel story to the movie. They might release it in the US if it does well.

I hope they do release it in the USA, but we will see.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff