Welcome to Gaia! ::

At first they the show seemed fine but now..they went too far. They slowly started destroying good and wholesome songs that weren't sung with an actual voice but with mood and spririt.
They destroyed Les Miserables and annihilated Amy Winehouse's Valerie
Are these people so deperate to push out songs that they try and destroy actual good ones.
You can do a shitty Gaga song and it will still sound good but, to try a Winehouse song and humiliate it like that! WTF!

6,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Tycoon 200
Congrats you are the 1% of smart Americans.

Tipsy Nerd

I like very few of the covers they do.
Some are great some make me want to dive into a pool full of sharks wearing Lady Gaga's meat suit.

c'est la vie, man.

Skilled Mage

5,100 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
When it first started I liked it, some of the songs were a bit iffy but ok. Then it went downhill from there and stopped watching.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I've always loathed Glee, though I have to admit I don't mind that Thriller/Heads Will Roll song they did.

Beloved Noob

Baighley
When it first started I liked it, some of the songs were a bit iffy but ok. Then it went downhill from there and stopped watching.

Eloquent Streaker

When I first saw previews of the show, I thought it was going to be s**t. Actually seeing episodes of it confirmed that initial belief.

Interesting Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
You swore and said
"We are not
We are not shining stars"
This I know
I never said we are

All the songs you listed came after the RHPS ep, which is when I think it just rolled down the hill.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Shy Flatterer

You're right. It has descended in terms of being watchable :/
I started to grow out of Glee in the middle of last season. I just really got tired of it, to be honest. I still love Jane Lynch, though, especiall in movies like Wreck It Ralph even though it was a voice acting job she was still entertaining. ^^

Prophet

The music isn't what's wrong with Glee. It's the awful characters. Also, Valerie isn't originally by Amy Winehouse.

Lavish Ladykiller

Durrenn
The music isn't what's wrong with Glee. It's the awful characters. Also, Valerie isn't originally by Amy Winehouse.
This, The Zutons would like a word with you kiddies who think she made their song!

The show was always bad, it relied on cardboard cutout characters they played to the worst sterotypes and pop culture songs being screamed by teenagers. How it's lasted this long is just worrying.

Enduring Noob

7,900 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
I couldn't really give a rodents rear end about the music on it... But the character they are so annoying! Everyone acts as though Kurt is some breakthrough in media because he isn't just their to be campy comic relief... His orientation is still the biggest part of the character...I'm not a gay male in high school so I don't know what it's like but I sure know what it's not like and it's pretty much Glee....

Interesting Seeker

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
In my honest opinion, I thought Glee was like a cheesy rip-off of what the High School Musical movie series left off. Then again, I don't like it when they have to force original songs down people's throat's like that because they upgraded it to be more upbeat and modern when it's not. stare

Thank goodness that I don't watch it. Never really like it to begin with... sweatdrop

Familiar Member

7,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I stopped watching the series midway season 2 because it didn't interest me anymore. I tried to watch the series again this fourth season and there are nice moments but I don't like most of the covers. But Marley Rose's Chasing Pavements is probably the best I've heard so far! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff