Welcome to Gaia! ::

LOved the hunger games edge of the set kinda stuff if i ever had to kill other kids to live and go home best beleave i would feel bad if i became there freinds but if not just get ride of them

Wheezing Gawker

Still haven't seen the movie, though I eventually intend to.
To be honest though, I haven't heard great reviews from friends whose movie preferences I trust.
The hunger games is really not my type of movie either. But I still liked it. That is just how good the story is.
I also liked the little spark of romance they have in that movie. heart

Hilarious Browser

11,025 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
ive watched the hunger games on movie night by my self crying

jk my sister left and my dad fell asleep then got a phone call woke up left stressed

but i loved the movie it was fantastic but it made me cry when the little girl died crying

still i was hoping it was't going to be al loveydovy at the end i wish she killed him...that sounds mean but i dont like love movies i like death and stuff and SHE COULD OF HAD THE HOTTER GUY

i give it 4 hearts

heart heart heart heart
its about a game where 24 children from 12 to 18 from 12 districts ( a boy and a girl) to play in a game called the hunger games to repay the Capital to fight to the death living one person left, the victor, during the game, peeta has a secret crush for katniss because of that they win the hungergames, i won't tell u the rest though wink
Personally I think the books were a billion times better than the movie. But isn't it usually like that with book-based movies?

Anyway, the story is pretty awesome, set in a few hundred years in the future, where supposedly "mankind" has destroyed our planet Earth enough, so a new kind of regime is there. The Capitol. They control everything - including the all the 12 districts of Panem (formerly USA).
I'm not sure you get all these details in the movie, but you do in the books.

The characters (in the book, at least) are very deep and descriptive, which I really like.

You'll have to read the books to get the full experience of Hunger Games, in my honest opinion ^^

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Iron Geek
smrtness
Iron Geek
It's like Battle Royale except no-one learns anything and it's intensely boring as well as squandering an excellent premise.

"It's like Battle Royale" = code words of everyone who has never read all of the books.

This isn't about the books, dear. It's a bland film where the protagonist learns nothing; even in Clerks the main character learns something and that's essentially a film about nothing. This has an excellent premise and turns it into a 2 hour slog.

Though I will concede that than one bit where she threw up the three finger salute and everyone rioted was great.

But otherwise zzzz.

So what did the characters in Battle Royale learn? Both film and novel versions are acceptable.

Please, enlighten me.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Iron Geek
Kasri Noireau
Iron Geek
smrtness
Iron Geek
It's like Battle Royale except no-one learns anything and it's intensely boring as well as squandering an excellent premise.

"It's like Battle Royale" = code words of everyone who has never read all of the books.

This isn't about the books, dear. It's a bland film where the protagonist learns nothing; even in Clerks the main character learns something and that's essentially a film about nothing. This has an excellent premise and turns it into a 2 hour slog.

Though I will concede that than one bit where she threw up the three finger salute and everyone rioted was great.

But otherwise zzzz.

I think it's less about the protagonist having any kind of personal epiphany than showing how she is broken by the experience. Because dear GOD is she broken. The learning - cynical and twisted as it is - kind of takes place in the sequels where there's more active rebellion against the Capitol.

I found it by and large to be quite good, if a little lighter and cleaner than the novel. I'll admit, I don't know much at all about Battle Royale, but from what little I can glean, I think they were going for a different kind of message and scope.

Battle Royale is essentially five/ten minutes of a bunch of school kids being told they're going to fight to the death because the government say so. Then they fight to the death for the rest of the movie. Not a great film but I enjoyed it more than the Hunger Games because it wasn't stilted and slow.

In what sense was she broken? She beat the system and saved that kid she most definitely should have killed. She didn't have to do anything that was beyond her, morally and when you're thrust into that kind of situation the limits to what you're willing to do have to be tested.

Also threatening to kill yourself when you have a family who is reliant on you is an incredibly foolish move.

You never read the book or saw the movie. Poor b*****d.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff