Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Lunatic

Panem had a rebellion and when the Capital won over, they made a tradition to punish the people of the districts: The Hunger Games. 1 boy and 1 girl from each of the districts is selected each year to be in The Hunger Games, a televised death match between the children of the districts. Katniss Everdeen choses to be in the games instead of her sister.

that's the set up of the first movie.

Also, JENNIFER LAWRENCE IS MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!!

6,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Tycoon 200
Read the books

Romantic Loverboy

9,250 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I haven't read the books but I'm online enough and have friends that did, so I knew before watching what the dealio was.

I saw it for the first time last night and, I've got to say, it was a whole lot better than I was expecting. I don't usualy go for that sort of thing - especially know the plot and all before hand - but it was good enough that I've start to reconsider my "me no read-y that book" policy that I came up with to side step all the "ahmergerd best book evaaah u read it now!" hype up to this point.

Shadowy Seeker

Sky Huntress
Read the book and everything will be crystal clear.It's not that hard.
But if you don't want to read it,then try Wikipedia c:

If you don't mind, I would like to add my own two gaia_gaiagold gaia_gaiagold . When a book is translated into a motion picture, people shouldn't have to read the book to understand what is going on - the movie should do that. Look at the HP movies or even the Twilight movies, for example, you could understand most of what was going on, even if you didn't read the book.

If someone watches a movie that originated from a book and the watcher cannot understand what is going on - it isn't necessarily the watchers fault - it's the director.
Mallory MacNamara
Sky Huntress
Read the book and everything will be crystal clear.It's not that hard.
But if you don't want to read it,then try Wikipedia c:

If you don't mind, I would like to add my own two gaia_gaiagold gaia_gaiagold . When a book is translated into a motion picture, people shouldn't have to read the book to understand what is going on - the movie should do that. Look at the HP movies or even the Twilight movies, for example, you could understand most of what was going on, even if you didn't read the book.

If someone watches a movie that originated from a book and the watcher cannot understand what is going on - it isn't necessarily the watchers fault - it's the director.

I totally agree with you. I love to read, but it I shouldn't have to read the book for the movie to make sense.

Shadowy Seeker

Evalene

I totally agree with you. I love to read, but it I shouldn't have to read the book for the movie to make sense.

Ditto. I love to read.

Another thing that bugs me with "read the book - then you'll understand" is that I find it insulting and condescendingly dismissive. Why should someone have to read the book that spawned a movie adaptation? It seems to me when someone does this they are suggesting the movie-goer is stupid and unintelligent. However, "the book is interesting, too - the movie leaves out a bunch stuff that's really interesting" is an entirely different cup of tea.
It's a crappy version of Battle Royale.
DAMMMNN ,, I LOVE HUNGER GAMES OMGAAA ! ( ;

Greedy Kitten

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
the movie was good but it could have been better at explaining what was going on like the thing in the past with katniss n peeta.my friend was like wtf is with that scene? she never read the book n i had to explain

Newbie Gaian

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
CeeCee143
Watching the hunger games for the first time EVER lol It's interesting but I honestly don't get what the hell I'm watching at the moment haha Someone please tell me what this movie is all about??? Is it suppose to be some kind of entertainment show, where teenagers are choosin' to play a game and kill or be killed? xp IDK

P.S. The reason I don't know is because I don't usually watch this type of movie lol

Should read the books, its better biggrin
the hunger games was a good movie

5,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
Iron Geek
It's like Battle Royale except no-one learns anything and it's intensely boring as well as squandering an excellent premise.
it really does teach that this is what the world could be like... if we had a ww3 or a outbreak, that maybe the Gov. would put us "the world" in concentration camps and they could take children/ our children and make them compete to the death to remind us that they can do this and they will... it's supposed to teach you this could happen to the world.
I didn't understand it much either, but I guess we have to read and find out.

Bao Minh Li rolled 11 4-sided dice: 3, 3, 2, 4, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4, 1, 2 Total: 31 (11-44)

The movie was awesome, the book was complete poop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff