Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seeker

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Member 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Dapper Dabbler

I want Han Solo on my team in the next Kingdom Hearts. IDC what else Disney does with the IP TBH. From past experiences, I doubt they'll screw up. Why do people assume they would?
User Image
User Image

Disney bought Marvel; Look at any Marvel comic that has come out since the purchase. There's absolutely no difference in the before and afters. The only difference that came out was a bunch of good Marvel movies and now you can buy Marvel merchandise in the Disney Store.

Disney knows how to make money and they know not to cook the goose that lays the golden eggs. Yes, sure, they made some bad sequels to their classics, but that is just because they tried to cash in on the success of the films.

People are getting so pissy and defensive. It also doesn't matter how we think they should do it; They're doing it according to how they and their creative team decide.

Amateur Rogue

8,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
They should have star wars characters in the next Kingdom Hearts game. And have Darth Vader as a boss fight.

Dangerous Prophet

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Well, JJ Abrams has been thrown into the mix....so it's going to be average at best.

Nuclear Disaster

As long as Lucas stays far the ******** away, Disney can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
DemonDeparted
Personally I think they should do Pixar style animation and have the original actors voices. Honestly, trying to have them back on screen wouldn't be very entertaining. Harrison Ford is 70 now, and personally Mark Hamill is looking kind of rough... Any thoughts?

And a pic of Mark Hamill, in case you haven't seen a recent one.User Image

I think they should do what they did with Marvel - do it properly. emotion_awesome

I really don't mind that the old actors are aging, it just means new characters can take up the mantle. Luke is now in prime Jedi Master territory.

Though I do wish they'd gotten around to doing Episodes VII-IX sooner.

G-Fan1985
As long as Lucas stays far the ******** away, Disney can do no wrong as far as I'm concerned.

This. I appreciate everything George Lucas did with bringing the series into existence, and some of the story ideas are great, but it's just that... egh... other people tend to have been responsible for some of the greatest and most memorable parts of the movies.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They just need to use bearded Hamill.

I'd prefer them to just get away from this entire era and get a fresh start, but whatever.
Inkmind
DemonDeparted
Personally I think they should do Pixar style animation and have the original actors voices. Honestly, trying to have them back on screen wouldn't be very entertaining. Harrison Ford is 70 now, and personally Mark Hamill is looking kind of rough... Any thoughts?

poor mark hamill. he never got a big career off a cult classic that he starred in. All he got was voice work. I feel bad for him.

Whats wrong with voice work? He's one of the biggest American VA's with credits including The Joker several time over. Including Arkham Asylum and City, and The Animated Series. Not to mention Fire Lord Ozai from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

s**t, he's like the male Tara Strong.
Captain Dory
amigobear v3
Captain Dory
No. No more Star Wars! At all! I don't care, and I think they finally give the damn series a rest! But of course, it's Disney.

Is anyone else but me bothered by the fact that Disney now has possession of Marvel, and Star Wars anyway? I mean, who are they going to conquer next? Nickelodeon?? Cartoon Network?? It seems like they're trying to take over media!

Because everyone remember how horrible the avengers movie was. Also at the time of the marvel buyout. Marvel was on the verge of bankruptcy.

Also

Nick = viacom

Cartoonnetwork =Warner bros.

The Avengers movie was great. Sheesh!

I think it might have been sarcasm
Have you seen what Disney did with Marvel?

They took a damn near dead company and helped bring it back to life. I'm certain they can do the same with Star Wars.

Wheezing Lunatic

RayearthNinja
Inkmind
DemonDeparted

poor mark hamill. he never got a big career off a cult classic that he starred in. All he got was voice work. I feel bad for him.

Whats wrong with voice work? He's one of the biggest American VA's with credits including The Joker several time over. Including Arkham Asylum and City, and The Animated Series. Not to mention Fire Lord Ozai from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

s**t, he's like the male Tara Strong.

I've said this to everyone by now. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS WRONG WITH VOICE WORK! Some of the best people i know used to do voice work. i just wish that he got more screen time after being the main character of a classic trilogy.

Ice-Cold Demigod

Do the Thrawn Trilogy. That is all I desire from them. It'll probably never happen though since from what I've been hearing in various parts of the net, that any new movies will NOT use any material post-Original Trilogy. Way to take a crap on the people who've wonderfully expanded the Star Wars universe for the past decade or so Disney.

Dangerous Poster

15,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Disney Star-Wars ?

I have a very bad feeling about this

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash