Welcome to Gaia! ::

Personally I think they should do Pixar style animation and have the original actors voices. Honestly, trying to have them back on screen wouldn't be very entertaining. Harrison Ford is 70 now, and personally Mark Hamill is looking kind of rough... Any thoughts?

And a pic of Mark Hamill, in case you haven't seen a recent one.User Image
I respectfully disagree. Granted a Pixar-animated Star Wars film would be amazing, but not as part of the main timeline of events like Episode VII or anything.

Dangerous Visionary

Mickey mouse should become a Sith lord and kill Jar Jar.

/thread
Mickey vs Yoda in Kingdom Hearts 3

Wheezing Lunatic

DemonDeparted
Personally I think they should do Pixar style animation and have the original actors voices. Honestly, trying to have them back on screen wouldn't be very entertaining. Harrison Ford is 70 now, and personally Mark Hamill is looking kind of rough... Any thoughts?

poor mark hamill. he never got a big career off a cult classic that he starred in. All he got was voice work. I feel bad for him.

Wheezing Lunatic

iSaibot
Mickey vs Yoda in Kingdom Hearts 3

okay, THAT would be the best part of Disney owning Star Wars
Inkmind
DemonDeparted

poor mark hamill. he never got a big career off a cult classic that he starred in. All he got was voice work. I feel bad for him.

what are you ******** kidding me? he is known as one of the best american voice actors. mark hamill has twice as much awesome as any one of us any day of the week.

disney isn't adding disney IPs into star wars. they simply have the means to make great movies, get great actors, and support the films thus making them s**t tons of money.

Wheezing Lunatic

Lupin_IV
Inkmind
DemonDeparted

what are you ******** kidding me? he is known as one of the best american voice actors. mark hamill has twice as much awesome as any one of us any day of the week.

disney isn't adding disney IPs into star wars. they simply have the means to make great movies, get great actors, and support the films thus making them s**t tons of money.

But he's not Harrison Ford. He's a great voice actor, but he did t get nearly as many parts (on screen) as he should have.
Inkmind
Lupin_IV
Inkmind
DemonDeparted

But he's not Harrison Ford. He's a great voice actor, but he did t get nearly as many parts (on screen) as he should have.

mark likes voice acting and does it because he wants to. harrison does films because he likes doing that. mark is very relevant in his line of work, and i can't remember that last original film harrison did.

Wheezing Lunatic

Lupin_IV
Inkmind
Lupin_IV
Inkmind
DemonDeparted

mark likes voice acting and does it because he wants to. harrison does films because he likes doing that. mark is very relevant in his line of work, and i can't remember that last original film harrison did.

If that's what he likes doing, then good for him. I just wish that he had gotten to be on screen a little more often.
Inkmind
Lupin_IV
Inkmind
Lupin_IV
Inkmind
DemonDeparted

If that's what he likes doing, then good for him. I just wish that he had gotten to be on screen a little more often.

he didn't want to be on screen. he was typecast and his voice work is great. i'd rather appreciate good work than random s**t from typecasting.

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

The only way I could see Hamill and everyone else returning to the screen is if the new movies took place many years after Episode VI, and after Luke started his new Jedi training academy. Then it would at least make sense to see everyone older, as now Luke would be a teacher at the academy, Han and Leia would be married and so on. Though I can't see the movie actually focusing on those characters, I imagine that they would be more of supporting characters, while the movie starred new characters. The movies could focus on Jacen and Jaina, but I'm not too sure that Disney will be using existing characters and not just start making up their own new characters and timeline completely, and perhaps negating most of the Expanded Universe.

They could also appear in the movie as holograms. That way their characters could be CG.

I would love to see a movie starring Dash Rendar but I know that will never happen. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Thrawn trilogy made into movies, but I can't see that happening either for the same reasons above: everyone is too old.

Witty Lunatic

I've read somewhere that they will be much older regardless.

Guys, it only makes sense that it'll be about their children. I mean seriously, they aren't going to use Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill as action stars anymore, although I wouldn't be surprised at Harrison Ford (did you know that there is also another Indiana Jones movie on the way???)

In my opinion, it's a good step for Star Wars, but we'll all see the results firsthand. I am personally a big fan of ALL the Star Wars films, though I admit that the original trilogy is better. I think that any true fan will want to see the universe expand with new stories and characters, and I'm included in that number.

Tipsy Nerd

I don't care how they do it, just PLEASE don't bring Darth Vader back from the dead.

Let him rest in peace!

Tipsy Nerd

Celebrez la Folie
I've read somewhere that they will be much older regardless.

Guys, it only makes sense that it'll be about their children. I mean seriously, they aren't going to use Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill as action stars anymore, although I wouldn't be surprised at Harrison Ford (did you know that there is also another Indiana Jones movie on the way???)

In my opinion, it's a good step for Star Wars, but we'll all see the results firsthand. I am personally a big fan of ALL the Star Wars films, though I admit that the original trilogy is better. I think that any true fan will want to see the universe expand with new stories and characters, and I'm included in that number.

This! I'd like to see them maybe base it off the comics.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff