Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Gawker

I just got done seeing it. I originally saw the original film which of course was good. But believe it or not the remake is far better. They added way more from the book. The original didn't have nearly as much as this one did. And from my knowledge they are thinking of doing Petals On The Wind(The sequel) I hope they do...that was what I was really upset with years ago back in the early 90s when I saw it I was upset they didnt do the other films. Because it had several sequels....they had 5 books. I am hoping they can one day adapt them all. I think if this one does well enough and if they do in fact make Petals On The Wind and it goes ok they can maybe do If There Be Thorns which is the third. But ya anyway....just wanted to share that....

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I didnt know there was a remake. I'll check it out. I loved the original movie. It was so good. I need to get around to reading the books.
The book was so so much better than the film.When was the remake out?

Shadowy Seeker

I saw the old version years ago and I enjoyed it quite a lot - even though the director / producer strayed so far from the book it really wasn't Flowers in the Attic anymore. I was delighted to find out that there was a reboot for the entire book series - I haven't seen the movies yet but I'm excited to sit down and watch them soon! The books were a huge part of my childhood so it's awesome to hear they're making faithful adaptations.

The only issue I have with the Flowers series reboot is that V.C.'s ghostwriter is putting his ill-suited, money-grubbing hands on the series and writing another book called Chris' Diary that just ruins everything about Chris' character. emotion_donotwant

Hallowed Sex Symbol

10,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
That was one weird book.
I didn't like the original movie. The remake was okay.

Aged Gawker

Mallory MacNamara
I saw the old version years ago and I enjoyed it quite a lot - even though the director / producer strayed so far from the book it really wasn't Flowers in the Attic anymore. I was delighted to find out that there was a reboot for the entire book series - I haven't seen the movies yet but I'm excited to sit down and watch them soon! The books were a huge part of my childhood so it's awesome to hear they're making faithful adaptations.

The only issue I have with the Flowers series reboot is that V.C.'s ghostwriter is putting his ill-suited, money-grubbing hands on the series and writing another book called Chris' Diary that just ruins everything about Chris' character. emotion_donotwant

Ya I read about that too. And I got bad news about the sequel they are adapting, they are not using the same girl that played Cathy....they are ruining it and making it ten years later(even though in the book it wasnt) They got some 20 something year old to play her instead....>_>
long story short they are going to butcher Petals on The Wind......so nevermind...I guess we are stuck again with the rest of the books because these morons don't know how to adapt something the right way....

Aged Lunatic

Here's the thing; the remake, yes, was far more faithful to the book and honestly better made, but that sort of killed the ridiculous, over the top charm that the first movie had.

I didn't really hate the remake, don't get me wrong, but it just didn't hold the same guilty pleasure factor I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff