Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Loverboy

7,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
I'm currently trying to finish the BBC version first, since each episode takes a ton of time to lead with my internet.

But from what I seen on Tumblr, it looks like a great show. Its on my watch list that's for sure.

Heroic Rogue

10,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Leafdappled
I'm currently trying to finish the BBC version first, since each episode takes a ton of time to lead with my internet.

But from what I seen on Tumblr, it looks like a great show. Its on my watch list that's for sure.
Haha, well, with each episode of the BBC show being 1.5 hours, that may take you a bit. xD Hope you enjoy both the shows!

Heroic Rogue

10,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Skyy White
I've seen bits and pieces of it from time to time.
From what I have seen, He's all over the place owo like a kid in a candy store lol.
He is, in a way. One of the most defining characteristics of Sherlock Holmes is his trying to stay entertained at all costs. He would only take cases that interested him on an intellectual level and would even turn down cops or royalty if the case wasn't stimulating enough.

Of course, add morphine and cocaine to a man like that, and you might have even more issues! Elementary's Holmes is a fascinating spin on it since he's going through rehab from those drugs. He needs the cases even more because of that.
Captain Sway
Kyoujin Tsuru
I tried. I tried so freaking hard to like this show.

After failing to stay awake the last three attempts to watch it I pretty much had to write it off.
You could probably try watching it earlier.

Yeah, I'll have CBS move the show to an earlier time slot. I'll be getting right on that.

Heroic Rogue

10,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kyoujin Tsuru
Yeah, I'll have CBS move the show to an earlier time slot. I'll be getting right on that.
Ooooor you could watch it on the CBS website or other websites, reruns/DVR, download it. Not too difficult.

Lavish Ladykiller

I tried to enjoy Elementry but after BBC, it just feels like such an inferior product :c

A shame cause if I had seen it first I would probably quite like it but oh well

Heroic Rogue

10,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
the buki is in play
I tried to enjoy Elementry but after BBC, it just feels like such an inferior product :c

That IS a shame since the BBC Sherlock is not the end-all, be-all to Sherlock Holmes. It's not the first and definitely not the last. Elementary is merely another interpretation and another character analysis to Sherlock Holmes. In fact, I would say Elementary's Holmes is closer to canon than Sherlock. I do like the quality of Sherlock, but to compare them would be naive.

Lavish Ladykiller

Captain Sway
the buki is in play

That IS a shame since the BBC Sherlock is not the end-all, be-all to Sherlock Holmes. It's not the first and definitely not the last. Elementary is merely another interpretation and another character analysis to Sherlock Holmes. In fact, I would say Elementary's Holmes is closer to canon than Sherlock. I do like the quality of Sherlock, but to compare them would be naive.
I know I know, i did read your first post!

I do disagree on one point though, I think they can be compared. I mean why not? They're both tv shows based on a modernised version an old character. Isn't that something that can be compared?
Sure you can says its like apples and oranges but they're both still fruit!

Heroic Rogue

10,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
the buki is in play

I do disagree on one point though, I think they can be compared. I mean why not? They're both tv shows based on a modernised version an old character. Isn't that something that can be compared?
I don't usually mind comparing adaptations, but I don't let one make me dislike the other. sad

I compare the Ronald Howard version to Elementary since the Holmes are similar. I compare Granada to Sherlock for the same reason. I enjoy all 4 of them since they're all different as well and comparable to canon. If you would give it another try without comparing it to BBC, could you enjoy it?

Lavish Ladykiller

Captain Sway
the buki is in play

I don't usually mind comparing adaptations, but I don't let one make me dislike the other. sad

I compare the Ronald Howard version to Elementary since the Holmes are similar. I compare Granada to Sherlock for the same reason. I enjoy all 4 of them since they're all different as well and comparable to canon. If you would give it another try without comparing it to BBC, could you enjoy it?

Oh don't get me wrong its not like I actively disliked it when I tried it, its more I was sitting there watching the first episode and all I could think was "This is nice, but I already have another adaptation that I enjoy far more so why am I watching this?" xd

I might give it another go later on, but I'm doubtful I'll be able to get into the right mindset to enjoy it

Eloquent Genius

I've only seen two episodes so far, but from what I've watched, it's alright.
I can't accurately say I like it or dislike it from only seeing two episodes, so. :l
Lucy Liu is a boss, though. She's flawless. emotion_kirakira

Heroic Rogue

10,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
iWorship Zelda
I've only seen two episodes so far, but from what I've watched, it's alright.
I can't accurately say I like it or dislike it from only seeing two episodes, so. :l
Lucy Liu is a boss, though. She's flawless. emotion_kirakira
Yeah, it's a bit slow at the moment, but there's 24 episodes for this first season so they have to space things out!

Lucy Liu is awesome. +_+
Captain Sway
Kyoujin Tsuru
Ooooor you could watch it on the CBS website or other websites, reruns/DVR, download it. Not too difficult.
To much trouble for a show that has repeatedly failed to hold my interest.

Heroic Rogue

10,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kyoujin Tsuru
Then why are you still here?
Captain Sway
Kyoujin Tsuru
Then why are you still here?
Because you keep replying, and it would be rude not to answer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games