Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
s_eternity
Who else here LOVES Charmed? I can't get enough of that show, although some episodes I don't like because they're annoying. Like the ones that focuses on Phoebe and Cole. Anyways, I have some of the season 9 comics, and they're pretty interesting so far. What do you all think of the show?

I hated what they did with Phoebe's character. Her and Coop was just wrong.

Original Gaian

10,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Party Animal 100
TotchiSnagglepuss5
s_eternity
Who else here LOVES Charmed? I can't get enough of that show, although some episodes I don't like because they're annoying. Like the ones that focuses on Phoebe and Cole. Anyways, I have some of the season 9 comics, and they're pretty interesting so far. What do you all think of the show?

I really loved Phoebe and coop. Each to their own I guess.

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I still rewatch the series and I own a few of the seasons on dvd. 3nodding

4,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Toots-boots and hoots
TotchiSnagglepuss5
s_eternity

I liked Cole so much. I guess I was just biased. But in comparison to the first season, Phoebe seemed cold. Especially in the last episode when she pretty much yells at Coop to go away, when she wouldn't have done that earlier.
My sister and I liked Charmed, but I always liked Leo, Cole and Chris better than the actual sisters. Oh I also liked Andy and Darryl too. But Leo and Cole as complete opposites always interested me. One good and one bad who both struggle with their roles at times. Particularly Cole though who becomes good but ultimately returns to bad. And I always felt really sorry for Cole especially when Phoebe could have saved him but instead she smashed that potion.

He got a very raw deal. Wasn't he possessed by the Source in the first place isn't that how he became the big bad. And he was almost rid of the evil source AGAIN at the end of season 4 when once AGAIN they ruined it by killing the demon and then vanquishing him. I was like 'WHAT?? Seriously you couldn't wait three minutes more'

Chris I really liked as well for his secretive behaviour in season 6 and then finding out who he really is that was a shocker for sure when I first saw it. And I felt sorry for Cole when you find out he's stuck in his own personal hell being in the Manor but unable to be seen or heard. And when he tries to help Piper in that episode where she goes there and see's him.

To me the only one likeable out of the sisters though is Piper. I used to like Prue when I was younger but that was more because I liked her powers than actually liking her. And I identified with her as well being the older sister in my family. Though I do like how seriously Prue took the demons compared to the others. Particularly by the second half of season two and all of season three she was far more concerned about them than Piper or Phoebe.

Prue became entirely focused on demons and being wary of outsiders and for good reason. And she's also a workaholic in a world where demons exist and try to kill you Prue's role as the protector made sense to me.

But Piper is the best overall she grows as a character in good ways and becomes the strongest one when Prue isn't there anymore. Also Phoebe is impossible for me to like because she is entirely self absorbed. And though she's more open to helping innocents some of her stance's on the show have made me want to punch her. Like when she's opposed to Piper and Leo's wedding because it goes against the elders, but when she wants to be with Cole and actually switches sides with him, not to mention fights her own sisters that's fine.

Or when Leo is dying and she tells Piper maybe they aren't meant to save him but the innocent. And then again later she says maybe they aren't meant to save Chris when he's dying and he was just supposed to save Wyatt. So no I do not like her. Paige annoys me also.

Original Gaian

10,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Party Animal 100
TotchiSnagglepuss5
Toots-boots and hoots
TotchiSnagglepuss5
s_eternity

I liked Cole so much. I guess I was just biased. But in comparison to the first season, Phoebe seemed cold. Especially in the last episode when she pretty much yells at Coop to go away, when she wouldn't have done that earlier.
I agree, but given her past with love, wouldn't you be a little cold and distant at first?

Kawaii Shoujo

19,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
lol I used to watch it all the time back when it aired.
Um I am a fan of charmed it's very interesting to me :sweat:
I actually watched the last season (gf had it on DVD lol) before I went back and watched it all from the beginning. I love Phoebe heart
I loved Cole, and hated how they ended his story sad but I think Coop was a good way to end her story.

Really didn't care for Prue much xP

4,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Toots-boots and hoots
TotchiSnagglepuss5
Toots-boots and hoots
TotchiSnagglepuss5
s_eternity

I agree, but given her past with love, wouldn't you be a little cold and distant at first?

When I watch the first episode, and compare her to the last one. . . I just don't like the character anymore. I don't watch the last season often, but was it just me, or did Coop seem to have little to no personality? Once again, I don't watch the last season often, so if someone could remind me, that'd be cool.

Omnipresent Elder

HDMI

╔══════════════════════ ❖ ❖ ══════════════════════╗

Oh yes, I love Charmed. I still watch it. Usually comes on in the mornings and it gets automatically recorded. I loved all of the aspects of the show. It wasn't just about the magic, but how they tried to live their lives with being witches. Damned good show. Damned good.

╚══════════════════════ ❖ ❖ ══════════════════════╝

HDMI

Fatcat

I loved Charmed, although I never watched the last season of it. I loved it more when Cole was in it. It's year since I last watched Charmed, I wish it was still on telly over here. Ah, the good old days.

Original Gaian

10,050 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Party Animal 100
swiffermoprocks
I actually watched the last season (gf had it on DVD lol) before I went back and watched it all from the beginning. I love Phoebe heart
I loved Cole, and hated how they ended his story sad but I think Coop was a good way to end her story.

I was the opposite I loved Prue in the first 3 seasons and when she died and Pagie came into the show, I hated her a little, but then I grew to love her more.
Toots-boots and hoots
swiffermoprocks

I was the opposite I loved Prue in the first 3 seasons and when she died and Pagie came into the show, I hated her a little, but then I grew to love her more.

Yeah, Paige annoyed the stuffing out of me for a while. But, every now and then I really adore her. It's a love/hate relationship, I do believe mad

Shy Gaian

I miss Charmed ♥
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff