Season 2: Buffy vs Angelus 0.29888357256778 29.9% [ 937 ]
Season 3: Buffy vs. the Mayor 0.11642743221691 11.6% [ 365 ]
Season 4: Buffy vs. Adam 0.1170653907496 11.7% [ 367 ]
Season 5: Buffy vs. Glory 0.15151515151515 15.2% [ 475 ]
Season 7: Buffy vs the Hellmouth 0.31610845295056 31.6% [ 991 ]
Total Votes:[ 3135 ]

But to each their own I guess.
Werewolf Lyconus

Always thought myself that Amber Benson did a great job on her role as Tara. As for Willow. The way its always been shown as. And something I still see it as. Is that each season is basically a year. So by the time the last season has already come around. Its basically been a year after Tara's death. Granted, Willow has lingering issues over it of course. And whether you liked it or not. Kennedy did basically help Willow to be able to move on and be happy.

Not sure about the one year thing (summer breaks are around 2 months), but you're right. It's a better message to give anyway that people can still be happy and move on after a loss. It's just that I feel jealous for Tara, not that Tara would feel jealous. :/ I wonder what happened to Willow&Tara's black cat because it would have been a perfect time for Willow to be a cat lady for awhile.
Salvatore Graziano

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was not trying to be depreciating. I suppose my quoted statements of Dawn as a character are a bit dramatic, and if we look at them semantically, then they're also wrong. She isn't 'pointless,' and the character isn't lacking in what she adds to the show. To be fair.

I think I just dislike Michelle Trachtenberg. I don't find her agreeable, in any way. Even though I am aware that her immaturity is supposedly a part of her character I tend to find it outlandish. It's so drastic in comparison to the constantly evolving, maturing characters of the Buffyverse. I think that has something to do with it, and it may not be all but that's probably the core of my problems with her. Also, I find her high pitched squealing to be unbearable. I mean, holy hell.

Also, I know what you're referring to about the conversation with the eye. I just look at it as retcon, but who knows. For me, a great deal of things get out of hand during 7. Particularly the whole potentials fest. Not related to my upcoming rant, I really don't care for Kennedy either.

Onwards.

Unless I misunderstand the Slayer stuff, it is actually impossible for there to ever be more then one Slayer at a time. The ancient shamans in Africa that bound the demon to the original Slayer only bound one demon. Now, once more, unless I am misunderstanding... When the Slayer dies, the demon bound to her is forced to find another potential to be bound too. In this way, there will always be one Slayer.

While I understand the axe and all that, it just seems so cheap to me. More and more retconning. It's not that bad over all, it just seems very strange to me, because season 8 is a bit out there, and I think the example 7 set didn't help that. I also think they did a better job with Whedon's magical ability to develop characters within the television series, as opposed to the canonical continuation in the comics. I haven't started 9, but 8 just doesn't seem to do the whole character development for me.

I see what you mean. Just think, some people are late bloomers :3 Besides, she only had three seasons to mature.

Hmm, sometimes I don't even try to figure out how things like having multiple slayers work because what's the point of rationalizing the supernatural? Apparently, anything's possible with magic. Some of what I raised eyebrows to include how the new slayers... and non-slayers like Giles and Robin Wood were able to tackle an army of ubervamps when Buffy could barely kill one. Also, Buffy gets stabbed through her abdomen during the fight, is seen dying, but rebounds in a few minutes as if there was no wound. There's no mention of the wound even after they get off the bus and I'm sure despite being faster at healing, slayers can't heal *that* fast.

And... I haven't read the comics. Not sure if I want to, but I'm very curious. I read up briefly about the comics through wikipedia, and I think I know what you mean that it's a bit out there. The whole slaying deal becomes this international, large scale operation... and technology is involved, which Buffy robs a bank to fund? I hope there's a good explanation for that because I don't see Buffy robbing a bank. :/ Gosh, I miss the classic charm of a one and only slayer fighting evil in a small town with her little scooby gang. cry Medieval weapons and pulling all-nighters searching through dusty library books.
Sessile Traveler
Salvatore Graziano

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was not trying to be depreciating. I suppose my quoted statements of Dawn as a character are a bit dramatic, and if we look at them semantically, then they're also wrong. She isn't 'pointless,' and the character isn't lacking in what she adds to the show. To be fair.

I think I just dislike Michelle Trachtenberg. I don't find her agreeable, in any way. Even though I am aware that her immaturity is supposedly a part of her character I tend to find it outlandish. It's so drastic in comparison to the constantly evolving, maturing characters of the Buffyverse. I think that has something to do with it, and it may not be all but that's probably the core of my problems with her. Also, I find her high pitched squealing to be unbearable. I mean, holy hell.

Also, I know what you're referring to about the conversation with the eye. I just look at it as retcon, but who knows. For me, a great deal of things get out of hand during 7. Particularly the whole potentials fest. Not related to my upcoming rant, I really don't care for Kennedy either.

Onwards.

Unless I misunderstand the Slayer stuff, it is actually impossible for there to ever be more then one Slayer at a time. The ancient shamans in Africa that bound the demon to the original Slayer only bound one demon. Now, once more, unless I am misunderstanding... When the Slayer dies, the demon bound to her is forced to find another potential to be bound too. In this way, there will always be one Slayer.

While I understand the axe and all that, it just seems so cheap to me. More and more retconning. It's not that bad over all, it just seems very strange to me, because season 8 is a bit out there, and I think the example 7 set didn't help that. I also think they did a better job with Whedon's magical ability to develop characters within the television series, as opposed to the canonical continuation in the comics. I haven't started 9, but 8 just doesn't seem to do the whole character development for me.

I see what you mean. Just think, some people are late bloomers :3 Besides, she only had three seasons to mature.

Hmm, sometimes I don't even try to figure out how things like having multiple slayers work because what's the point of rationalizing the supernatural? Apparently, anything's possible with magic. Some of what I raised eyebrows to include how the new slayers... and non-slayers like Giles and Robin Wood were able to tackle an army of ubervamps when Buffy could barely kill one. Also, Buffy gets stabbed through her abdomen during the fight, is seen dying, but rebounds in a few minutes as if there was no wound. There's no mention of the wound even after they get off the bus and I'm sure despite being faster at healing, slayers can't heal *that* fast.

And... I haven't read the comics. Not sure if I want to, but I'm very curious. I read up briefly about the comics through wikipedia, and I think I know what you mean that it's a bit out there. The whole slaying deal becomes this international, large scale operation... and technology is involved, which Buffy robs a bank to fund? I hope there's a good explanation for that because I don't see Buffy robbing a bank. :/ Gosh, I miss the classic charm of a one and only slayer fighting evil in a small town with her little scooby gang. cry Medieval weapons and pulling all-nighters searching through dusty library books.

While I see what you're saying with the whole trying to rationalize the supernatural thing, I enjoy my canonical material to try and stick to the groundwork it lays. That's all I was saying, really. I have no problem with suspending by disbelief, as it were, but I enjoy a story to stick to its own lore. Sometime in season 7 it just feels like they wanted to get this grandiose idea onto the screen and they weren't worried about previous installments. Honestly, that's fine, it's just something I've always been curious about.

Also, the only reason I delved into the comics is because they are canonical. As for the robbing the bank bit, unless that occurs in season 9 (which I have not read) I don't remember it happening. I could have glanced over it I guess, but I honestly don't remember that taking place. Also, it's not that season 8 wasn't good, they just got carried away with what they could do now that the series was in comic form, or at least that's how it came off to me.

I haven't looked into Angel: After the Fall yet either, which is the canonical continuation of Angel, but I'd like to. The only other material I have is the Spike Omnibus, which was good.
Sessile Traveler
Werewolf Lyconus

Always thought myself that Amber Benson did a great job on her role as Tara. As for Willow. The way its always been shown as. And something I still see it as. Is that each season is basically a year. So by the time the last season has already come around. Its basically been a year after Tara's death. Granted, Willow has lingering issues over it of course. And whether you liked it or not. Kennedy did basically help Willow to be able to move on and be happy.

Not sure about the one year thing (summer breaks are around 2 months), but you're right. It's a better message to give anyway that people can still be happy and move on after a loss. It's just that I feel jealous for Tara, not that Tara would feel jealous. :/ I wonder what happened to Willow&Tara's black cat because it would have been a perfect time for Willow to be a cat lady for awhile.

You know, you raise a good point about the cat! I never even thought about it. I remember the cat being in that dream world where the First Slayer kept killing them. But I think that was the only time the little one appeared.

As for the Buffy Comics, I still have an issue with her and Angel flying around all around in the Universe and Earth having sex. And he doesn't lose his soul. Unless he was somehow a human by then.

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Werewolf Lyconus
Sessile Traveler
Werewolf Lyconus

You know, you raise a good point about the cat! I never even thought about it. I remember the cat being in that dream world where the First Slayer kept killing them. But I think that was the only time the little one appeared.

As for the Buffy Comics, I still have an issue with her and Angel flying around all around in the Universe and Earth having sex. And he doesn't lose his soul. Unless he was somehow a human by then.

Yeah... Season 8 is kind of... hmm. I don't know. I hear Giles is dead now.

2,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
my sister used to love this show haha
Sammirah
Werewolf Lyconus
Sessile Traveler
Werewolf Lyconus

Yeah... Season 8 is kind of... hmm. I don't know. I hear Giles is dead now.

Yeah I heard that as well. And apparently instead of giving anything to Buffy, he only gives a bunch of stuff to Faith instead.

Fashionable Shopper

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100
SilverRhino
I'll start off the discussion by saying the sixth season of Buffy was my absolute favorite. I hated that they killed off Tara, but I loved what it caused. Evil Willow was a bad mofo! LOL! I loved her. I actually dressed up as her one Halloween. LMAO! What are you guys' favorite seasons?

Quoteing a very old post lol, but I felt like I needed to ^^
Season six is some of my earliest memories of Buffy ^_^ I do remember watching earlier seasons when I was younger but Season Six was what really kicked off my absolute Obsession for the Scoobies and Sunnydale ^_^ (I bought it on DVD before getting obsessed with it)

And what a great season to start off ^^ Once more with feeling ( One of the best episodes ever), Willow going bad arse with the Magicks ( I love all the magic from the series)<3
I was so sad when Tara was shot by Warren. All I could think was "BUT THEY JUST MADE UP!!! DAMN YOU JOSS!!"

I never really got into Angel series, but Ive watched the Orpheus ( The episode with Willow starring), the two episodes starring Buffy. I will remember you broke my heart. Watching Buffy cry like that made me depressedT+_T I only recently watched it. Ive seen all the episodes featuring Illyria cos lets face it, she is one hot, super-psycho demon!! Sad to see Fred die though... her perfomance was third only to I will remember you and The Body T__T Im thinking of watching all of Angel series from the beginning though :'D

@Werewolf Lyconus: I heard he left the 'Vampyr' book from season one to Buffy, as a way of saying she is the only true slayer ^_^ I havent read the comics but that does sound sweet if its true.

Fashionable Shopper

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Sessile Traveler
Werewolf Lyconus

You're talking about Miss Kitty Fantastico ^^ She was so cute. Also I have your answer to the cat thingy.
In an episode of Season 7 just when Xander is about to tazer Dawn to take her away from Sunnydale, they are looking for her cross bow in the car to which Dawn says: "Xander, my crossbow is not out here. I told you, I don’t leave crossbows around all willy-nilly… Not since that time with Miss Kitty Fantastico." So either poor little Kitty was accidentally killed by the crossbow lying around, or she was swallowed up with the rest of town at the end of season seven o-o

Sparkly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Contributor 150
Dark Willow was awesome but sad at the same time Tara was so nice and i loved them together.

Anxious Noob

I didn't like how Joss had to add a new love interest for Willow. If Tara was supposed to be her "true love" or whatever why did she have to move on so fast? Isn't that just going to undermine their love? I know it's probably been a few month after Tara's death, but still (in my opinion) it was too fast. And I don't understand how being in a new relationship will make her happier. Do people have to be in a relationship to be truly happy?

I loved season one because it was all about the Scooby gang and there were no relationships except for Buffy and Angel's developing relationship. The scooby gang were happy and I felt the earlier seasons their friendship was the strongest. Not to mention how innocent, happy, and adorable they were (especially Willow).
I like Willow's development all over. But I thought it was sad how Tara died.
i love the buffy musical

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces