Total Votes:[ 3135 ]

Timid Genius

9,200 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
roses_by_the_stairs
an episode i liked was tabula rasa
the awesomeness that was Randy Giles (Spike)

rofl My mom and I go around all the time going "RANDY Giles?! Why didn't you just name me HORNY Giles?! No wonder I hate you!"

Also, I've been thinking (a dangerous habit, I know~), it would be really awesome if the Buffy fans on Gaia banded together and did the songs from "Once More With Feeling" a la the "/a/ sings" series. It could be line by line so people don't fight over who gets to be who.

Just a thought. xp
The Chimera Doll
Happy Buffyversary!
15 years ago Buffy first premiered on The WB.

On the official facebook fanpage they shared this video which is an easter egg found on Season 7's sixth disc and shows a clip from nearly every episode up until Season 5's Finale: The Gift.

I miss this show so much. cry Makes me so nostalgic!

This is a very good post. Fine job, and also, the "easter eggs" they give you with purchasing the full set are somewhat rewarding. I agree with you entirely, this series was absolutely spectacular. I can't think of any TV series I've seen to date that can capture the drama that this series created. Even the cohesiveness of the story through all seven seasons is remarkable, and the plot development/character development is amazing.

For those of you who do not know and are interested in continuing the series, season 8 has been done for quite some time in a graphic novel format. They also have season 9 in current production. If your Buffyverse fandom also carried on to Angel, then you'll also be happy to know they continued that as well in "Angel: After the Fall." I've posted something similar in this thread, however I felt I'd share again.

After all, the majority of "fans" I see are just people drooling over the hotness of one character or another, and the series had so much more substance then that. It really is an amazing piece of work.
Salvatore Graziano
The Chimera Doll
Happy Buffyversary!
15 years ago Buffy first premiered on The WB.

On the official facebook fanpage they shared this video which is an easter egg found on Season 7's sixth disc and shows a clip from nearly every episode up until Season 5's Finale: The Gift.

I miss this show so much. cry Makes me so nostalgic!

This is a very good post. Fine job, and also, the "easter eggs" they give you with purchasing the full set are somewhat rewarding. I agree with you entirely, this series was absolutely spectacular. I can't think of any TV series I've seen to date that can capture the drama that this series created. Even the cohesiveness of the story through all seven seasons is remarkable, and the plot development/character development is amazing.

For those of you who do not know and are interested in continuing the series, season 8 has been done for quite some time in a graphic novel format. They also have season 9 in current production. If your Buffyverse fandom also carried on to Angel, then you'll also be happy to know they continued that as well in "Angel: After the Fall." I've posted something similar in this thread, however I felt I'd share again.

After all, the majority of "fans" I see are just people drooling over the hotness of one character or another, and the series had so much more substance then that. It really is an amazing piece of work.
Thank you! I agree with you, too. I personally need to check out the comics. I'm happy that the series has been continued through them and hope they last!
Sammirah
LilEmoReaperChick
Rhyean
LilEmoReaperChick
I'm getting further along in Buffy and enjoying every minute of every episode. I was so sad when Oz left but I have since gotten over it.
I've loved Tara until Glory "destroyed" her, now I'm sad.
I was surprised when Xander started Dating Anya, but it's been fun watching their relationship blossom and grow.
I'm sad Buffy and Riley aren't together anymore and that she got there too late to say that she really did love him.
I will always love Spike, even though he made a robot of Buffy and he made it to love him because Buffy wouldn't. I feel bad for Spike, but things might get better for him ...
I'm glad Giles owns the Magic Box now ... It's better than being a Librarian and he's got pretty much everything he needs on hand.
I'm sad Joyce is dead, I really liked her. I cried ... They kinda didn't let you stop crying for at least 3 episodes ...
I hope they destroy Glory soon. The last episode I watched Glory finally found out who the key really was ...

Just wait t'il you get to the last few episodes of season 5.
3nodding

I know!!! Then the first few episodes of season 6 ... omg

Buffy sacrificed herself for Dawn, then her friends brought her back from the dead and later found out it was heaven and not some hell dimension they pulled her out of. So intense ...

And Willow got addicted to magic and Tara left her because of it. And Buffy and Spike have been having sex ... Oddness. Poor Spike and his love that will will never be returned my Buffy ...

I thought Joyce's death was dealt with so heart-wrenchingly well. Anya's reaction in particular was a real tear-jerker for me.

indeed it was. i couldn't stop crying for at least 2 or 3 episodes. it was so intense.
emtpmpknhed
roses_by_the_stairs
an episode i liked was tabula rasa
the awesomeness that was Randy Giles (Spike)

rofl My mom and I go around all the time going "RANDY Giles?! Why didn't you just name me HORNY Giles?! No wonder I hate you!"

Also, I've been thinking (a dangerous habit, I know~), it would be really awesome if the Buffy fans on Gaia banded together and did the songs from "Once More With Feeling" a la the "/a/ sings" series. It could be line by line so people don't fight over who gets to be who.

Just a thought. xp

omg! that episode was so freaking HILARIOUS!!! loved it lol
Wow its crazy that it's been 15 years.
Oh how I miss Buffy so much ♥
Started watching Buffy with a friend who I interested, we've just got to season two. Just finished watching "Passion." Buffy is such a great show. It really, really is. The drama that Whedon creates is impressive, and the characters are full of depth. Not to mention it throws in (mostly) well timed comical relief, and that slight horror aspect for horror lovers. More notably, Whedon's take on paranormal things is fairly classical, which we've drifted away from quite a bit. It's good to see stuff like that, in my opinion. /EndRant
Salvatore Graziano

Yup, its interesting to say the least.
TheDoomPanda
My favorite line is by Giles. From the episode Dead Man's Party.

"Don't you like my mask? Isn't it pretty, it raises the dead. Bloody Americans"

Haha I love that quote too! Giles makes me laugh so much!
His facial expressions sometimes are so pricless!
How Cordelia survives her fall in "Lover's Walk" is unbelievable to me. Why Xander and Willow don't work out afterwards is also amazing to me, I mean, what the hell.

Sorry for the shitty quality of some of these, I did my best. (Season 2 is particularly bad.)

None the less, discuss favorite opening sequence.
Salvatore Graziano

My fav!
Toots Boots and Hoots
Salvatore Graziano

My fav!

Lol. Pretty damn good one.
Salvatore Graziano
Toots Boots and Hoots
Salvatore Graziano

My fav!

Lol. Pretty damn good one.

Anya + bunny costume = Awesomeness!