Animal Friend

23,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image
___

Drama: It's entertaining to watch when it's not happening to you~

I have to admit, I think I enjoyed their fighting more than their make-up sex. I'm a disgrace to teenagers everywhere :c

___

User Image
OhEmmGee o_O
User Image
___

[ canadianninjax ]

Oh, that's what I had meant. The chosen collection is the complete series box set, right? The cheapest I could find Buffy for was $118 and the cheapest I could find Angel for was $90. Both are intensely great prices, but I just don't have the money right now D:

[ LeSoleilCasse ]

The relationship was definitely forced. There was no real romance there. But I think Joss' idea behind the relationship was very real. For what he was trying to show, Spike was the perfect character to fill the slot. It was bigger than the sex. The meaning behind it was that it had no meaning or sentimental value to Buffy other than that it made her feel anything at all, which allowed her to delve further and further into it. Who else could have played that role?

Granted, I wasn't too fond of the idea that Spike knowingly and willingly allowed her to use him, but he was whipped way before he fell in love with Buffy. Harmony was really the only relationship he had where he wasn't "love's b***h", and that was because he didn't give a lick about her.

I agree with you about Angel. The middle seasons seemed very dry, possibly because of the lack of crossovers with BtVS. Season 4 was particularly disappointing to me :c

Do you know if those sites offer better deals than half.com? That's where I usually go . . .

___

User Image

As far as the box set goes. I've seen the Chosen collection for just under $100 at BuyBacks. And neither are sites, they're both actual stores. Even if you don't have the same stores, I'm sure you have something similar.

I don't mind the idea of the relationship, I mind that it was Spike. Because he WAS whipped so far ahead of that. The whole defanging of Spike just...grrrrrrrrrrr evil And that is the primary reason why I don't like Spuffy.

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
But Spike was always Love's b***h.

He said so himself!
wakusei
But Spike was always Love's b***h.

He said so himself!

lol! "I may be love's Bi***...but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
-Buffy and Angel just stare at him- xd whee 3nodding lol

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Yes, exactly!

One of my favorite Spike lines.
User Image• • •
User Image

"Leηore ish ηoω speakiηg,"

I dont think it was because Spike was love's b***h that made him be in love with Buffy. It was a culmination of a lot more than just that.

"Noω ish your turη."

• • •

User Image Layout Copyright of: Rιxaka the Ғallen
Buffy will always be my guilty pleasure. I know I shouldn't like it so much... but it is something that I related to growing up. *memories*
Okay, now this is my jam. I would LOVE to sit down and read this entire thread one day, but that's slightly more ambitious than I have time for right now.

Anyway... wow, so some of my favorites....

-Season three is my favorite season. Looking at it from beginning to end, it is just one of the best. The whole season-long theme being the "road not taken" is such a powerful one. We are consistently shown Buffy having to deal with, for the first time, the choice associated with being a Slayer through her watching Faith. We start out the season, and she's living another life, away from her Slayer life, and how she truly can not escape it because it's who she is. As teh season progresses, Buffy meets Faith, a Slayer who (like Kendra) is another representation of what being a Slayer could look like.

-My favorite episode is often a tie, between The Wish (for the reasons mentioned above) and season five's Fool For Love. Spike is such an interesting character, although until FFL, you don't know how interesting. It's beyond a simple origin story. You learn how he acquires every "cool," "Spike"-like thing attributed to him. At the end of the episode, we see him in a darkened alley with Buffy, where she utters the words that left him feeling humiliated and rejected a century+ prior. "You're beneath me." And you realize, not how bad a** Spike is, but how despite his name, his accent, his scar, and his jacket... he's still that nervous, nerdy fellow hiding beneath a facade.

-Last, but not least, (I realize this is getting really, really long) my favorite character is Faith Lehane. Based on a lot of the movies and tv series (Wrong Turn, Tru Calling, The New Guy) people have questioned whether or not Eliza Dushku can act. I don't care about any of it. I thought she was perfect as the dark, redemptive Slayer. She brought such power, sexuality and vulnerability to a potentially throw away character. (I heard a rumor that they were planning on killing her off at the end of Bad Girls, Buffy was to have gone to Faith's apartment and found her hanging, having killed herself.) An aspect that was always interesting was that despite herself, she really always wanted to be Buffy. To have her stability, support, family, friends. My favorite Faith moment will always be in Angel during her first appearance, when she broke down while battling Angel in the rain, and she finally gave herself up.

yeah, that's a lot. Just wanted to give you a buffy-intro because I think I'll probably be here a lot. smile

3,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Those were good eps! I also liked when she broke down in angel
destruct0slinky
My favorite episode is often a tie, between The Wish (for the reasons mentioned above) and season five's Fool For Love. Spike is such an interesting character, although until FFL, you don't know how interesting. It's beyond a simple origin story. You learn how he acquires every "cool," "Spike"-like thing attributed to him. At the end of the episode, we see him in a darkened alley with Buffy, where she utters the words that left him feeling humiliated and rejected a century+ prior. "You're beneath me." And you realize, not how bad a** Spike is, but how despite his name, his accent, his scar, and his jacket... he's still that nervous, nerdy fellow hiding beneath a facade.

That's one of my favourites for that reason. Spike was an amazing character, and I can't imagine the show without him.

Animal Friend

23,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
User Image
___

I never really thought of him as being defanged D: Sure, he may have lost his evil tendencies, but he was still just as badass as he always was; it was just that he switched sides somewhere along the way and gained a sense of morality.

Especially when you compare him to ensouled Angel (don't get me started on how I feel about Angel XD), he pretty much stayed the same personality-wise. He's just not raping little girls these days (:

I absolutely adored Fool For Love. By far my favorite episode, because of the above stated reasons. It was so fun, fast-paced. The little scenes, like when he jabbed Buffy with the pool stick, or when he yelled from the rush when Nikki smashed his head through the glass, were just so powerful to me. The choreography was stunning, and I feel it was one of the best-written episodes of the entire series. "You think we're dancing?" "That's all we've ever done." . . . I think I squealed in Show Time when Buffy quoted him with the "Here endeth the lesson." I'm lame XD

The last 4 seasons of BtVS without Spike . . . now that's something I don't want to think about. Didn't Joss say that his character was originally not going to be recurring? But because of the fan response, he decided to give him a permanent role?

___

User Image
destruct0slinky
Okay, now this is my jam. I would LOVE to sit down and read this entire thread one day, but that's slightly more ambitious than I have time for right now.

Anyway... wow, so some of my favorites....

-Season three is my favorite season. Looking at it from beginning to end, it is just one of the best. The whole season-long theme being the "road not taken" is such a powerful one. We are consistently shown Buffy having to deal with, for the first time, the choice associated with being a Slayer through her watching Faith. We start out the season, and she's living another life, away from her Slayer life, and how she truly can not escape it because it's who she is. As teh season progresses, Buffy meets Faith, a Slayer who (like Kendra) is another representation of what being a Slayer could look like.

-My favorite episode is often a tie, between The Wish (for the reasons mentioned above) and season five's Fool For Love. Spike is such an interesting character, although until FFL, you don't know how interesting. It's beyond a simple origin story. You learn how he acquires every "cool," "Spike"-like thing attributed to him. At the end of the episode, we see him in a darkened alley with Buffy, where she utters the words that left him feeling humiliated and rejected a century+ prior. "You're beneath me." And you realize, not how bad a** Spike is, but how despite his name, his accent, his scar, and his jacket... he's still that nervous, nerdy fellow hiding beneath a facade.

-Last, but not least, (I realize this is getting really, really long) my favorite character is Faith Lehane. Based on a lot of the movies and tv series (Wrong Turn, Tru Calling, The New Guy) people have questioned whether or not Eliza Dushku can act. I don't care about any of it. I thought she was perfect as the dark, redemptive Slayer. She brought such power, sexuality and vulnerability to a potentially throw away character. (I heard a rumor that they were planning on killing her off at the end of Bad Girls, Buffy was to have gone to Faith's apartment and found her hanging, having killed herself.) An aspect that was always interesting was that despite herself, she really always wanted to be Buffy. To have her stability, support, family, friends. My favorite Faith moment will always be in Angel during her first appearance, when she broke down while battling Angel in the rain, and she finally gave herself up.

yeah, that's a lot. Just wanted to give you a buffy-intro because I think I'll probably be here a lot. smile

Yay, I'm not the only one who types in 'long' paragraphs. biggrin Yeah, I watched the first season of Angel before anything else (lol) so I loved Faith when I saw her in Buff cause I knew what she was gonna be later. I love that seen, I say "Aww" Wes is like eek ........ 3nodding ya, I luv Angel, Faith, and (because I saw Angel first) Wesley. My friends don't like Wes, but I bet that's partly because they got all their impressions of him through the Buffy series. -I think he's at his best in the 1st season of Angel- X3

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
I think most of my resentment towards Spike is because towards the end of the show it became the Buffy & Spike show, and the Scoobies (except for Willow) got kind of shoved to the back seat. I can understand that with Giles since Anthony Head made the choice to leave the show (although I still hate it; I love Giles so hard) but Xander kind of got shafted. The other characters too. It felt like Buffy cared more about Spike than anyone else, and that just bugs me.
Buffy woz well guud

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
What is Nicholas Brendon doing these days, anyhow?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff