Welcome to Gaia! ::

Brainy Lunatic

Hey, with the new Avenger Movie coming out, I would like to meet some fellow old school comic book fans. NOT TO BASH THE MOVIE VERSE, though there may be some negative comparasions (Samuel L. Fury*cough retch*), but to enjoy all things Avengers. Any one is welcome, even people that want to make HONEST complaints about the Avengers.
Remember to use one of the trigger words! I don't know all of them, but I'm pretty sure Loki, Iron Man, and Captain America are some of them.
Rules: Obey TOS
No mindless bashing of any verse, real criticism is accepted as is debate
Don't spam
Forgive my horrible spelling(and tell me when I spell something wrong)
Vague semblance of politeness and grammer(not nazi levels, but reasonable)

I am a HUGE fan of the Howling Commandos, and really miss Dum Dum Dugan and Nick Fury's rapport.

Tricky Hellraiser

Love the avengers <3

Brainy Lunatic

Tony Stark, Iron Man, who decides to add an experimental computer system to his brain, after it drove the last test subject insane. Because self destruction is his thing. Then, later on, deletes his brain. Gotta love him! Capitalist America at it's finest
movies are always far better than comics.

Brainy Lunatic

Steve Rogers, Captain America (which is technically a title, that several other people have worn, but come ON! He's the real deal), War hero, with side kick the 16 year old Bucky Barnes, who often worked with both the Invaders(super powered) and Howling commandos(total human, and awesome) against the Axis powers and his nemesis the Red Skull (and Baron Zemo). He is frozen in a chunk of Ice, and is awoken by the Avengers in (I think) the '60's, which he joins. (That line up was Iron Man, Thor, Jan as the Wasp, and Hank Pym as AntMan) Since then he has continued to fight the good fight, with a few vacations, usually with the Avengers and Shield, against Hydra, the Red Skull, Baron Zemo, the Masters of Evil, Dr. Doom, AIM, and other such deadly foes. Bucky was found later on, having been brainwashed into being a Soviet Assasin (with a metal arm), and has since worked with Cap, as has solo New York hero Sam Wilson, the Falcon. He has dated since Peggy and WWII, including her granddaughter, Sharon Carter, Bernie (who didn't know he was Cap, it was one of those vacations), and Rachel (the villain Dimondback). His weakness are politics, the fact that he's human, and his idealism. He was dead for a bit, but we've since gotten him back.

Brainy Lunatic

BABYZ SQUISHY
movies are always far better than comics.

It depends on how you look at it. I enjoy the movies, certainly, but they lack a lot of the details and the continuing power that comics have. There's a really complicated couple of 'verses out there that really out do the movies, even if it isn't your favorite medium. On the other hand, the movies are certainly easier to follow, cheaper, and more accesable.
Also, use a trigger word to show your support of the Avengers, please!

Brainy Lunatic

Thor! Not my favorite, but a very powerful fighter. Was banished to Earth by Odin, but they get over that. His human form is the mild mannered Dr. Donald Blake (MD), who has a limp and uses a wooden cane (disguised hammer). When he slams the cane down, he turns into the mighty Thor. Can fly by throwing the hammer, which returns to his hand, and no one else can lift it. His main enemies are Loki, the Enchantress, and the Frost Giants. He speaks like Sheakspeare in the comics. He is MARRIED like in mythology to his Asgardian wife, whose name I can't spell, but does flirt with the human Jane Foster and Storm from Xmen. I don't really have much to say on him outside of the Avengers. He dies(Ragonoc happens), and Tony and Hank Pym make a clone of him, that goes psycho. He comes back to life, and Asgard is now a floating bit of the midwest. He's quite angry with humanity in general, but that's thawing bit by bit. The Warriors Three are awesome, and pop by from time to time, but not often.

Dangerous Nerd

14,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Signature Look 250
Captain America is my Favorite!!!
its too bad Marvel killed him off in the main verse
Tony Stark is an butt face!
He used to be cool
but now he's a imperialist butt face!!!!!!!!!!

Tipsy Reveler

so for the avengers
mainly Loki and Thor
i mean they have deeper roots than star wars

Brainy Lunatic

Naristar
Captain America is my Favorite!!!
its too bad Marvel killed him off in the main verse
Tony Stark is an butt face!
He used to be cool
but now he's a imperialist butt face!!!!!!!!!!

The brought him back after the Skrull Invasion (EVERYONE'S A SKRULL!). He got yanked out of time into an apopolectic future, I think. He IS pretty awesome, as long as the writer doesn't make him too hokey. Or too secret agent-ish. The new non-dead Steve is kind of a weird combination of Tony Stark during civil war and Bucky, it disturbs me greatly.

Brainy Lunatic

tamishiwari

so for the avengers
mainly Loki and Thor
i mean they have deeper roots than star wars

I hate to tell you this, but your avi says otherwise. That's okay, though, we adopt. Lord knows I'm a Star Wars fan too, just, Avengers first. Hey! It's fixed!
Love the new Loki, even if the movies aren't very good with the actual mythology behind the characters, and the new Thor. I like him best cheerful, and not reminding me of Hamlet. Not that I don't like Hamlet, just, my reading comprehension is better then my audio comprehension. Not to gunho about either in the comics, though Loki is a fabulous bad guy, and I still like Thor more then Sentry(if you don't know, don't ask. The EMO!).

Chatty Lunatic

I just love all the Avengers. heart xp
I find it hard for me to chose one specific character as a favorite because I like them all for different reasons.

But if I have to I'll say Iron Man. Just because in Avengers vs X-Men he totally kicks Magnetos butt. ;P Very biased of me.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

I had some semi strong Loki feels before the Avengers, then when I saw the movie, those feelings totally went away.

I'm just all for Thor.

And before The Avengers I had just never cared for Hulk, but now I do. Mark Ruffalo did a wonderful job.

This was an amazing movie. I left that movie theater with some serious feelings and loved every minute of it.
I have to say I have a huge fascination with Iron Man and Loki.
The Avengers was phenomenal. There's so much to be said in praise that I don't even know where to start. Loki was amazing, as I had hoped and got even more of him in the movie than I had imagined I would. The whole team was amazing. Before The Avengers I wasn't a fan of the Hulk, now, I totally am. Same with Hawk Eye, didn't dislike him, but wasn't sure what to really think of him yet and before the movie was even half way done I was hugely invested in him. This movie pulled off being able to bring all of these powerhouse characters together so seamlessly and everything had been done so right that it went above and beyond anything I could have ever wanted from it. Bravo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff