Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dinosaurs you are most excited to see / would like to see return?

T-Rex 0.23333333333333 23.3% [ 7 ]
Raptors 0.2 20.0% [ 6 ]
Spinosaurus 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 4 ]
D-Rex 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 1 ]
All of the above 0.23333333333333 23.3% [ 7 ]
Other 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]
1 2 >

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
I know I am!

Yep, I even enjoyed Jurassic Park II and III.

I am pretty excited about the new "attraction" in this park, which has been confirmed to be a DNA spliced super predator going by the name of Diabolus Rex (D-Rex). emotion_drool

I really feel like re-reading the book now.

Some interesting news~

UPDATE:

First animatronic raptor leaked:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OG Tipper

9,400 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I don't understand why people didn't like Jurassic Park two and three? I liked them all, the 3rd being my sister's (die-hard jurassic park fan) favorite. I can get the 2nd one and the "Godzilla" attempt to have it escape into the city but I personally don't enjoy this one very much. The 1st & 3rd are easily the best.

For a few years I wanted to buy the whol series but my mom keeps reminding me that I should wait till the new one comes out.

do you know if it's in 3d? I think I've read that somewhere. This may end up ruining it. If they use any of the CGI tactics from Godzilla (2014) then it will suffer in 3d but will do amazingly without it. I am excited. I've been waiting too long because I heard they wer making it before they re-released the first one in 3D and I think that was 2 years ago now.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
x Cupids_Stunt x
I don't understand why people didn't like Jurassic Park two and three? I liked them all, the 3rd being my sister's (die-hard jurassic park fan) favorite. I can get the 2nd one and the "Godzilla" attempt to have it escape into the city but I personally don't enjoy this one very much. The 1st & 3rd are easily the best.

For a few years I wanted to buy the whol series but my mom keeps reminding me that I should wait till the new one comes out.

do you know if it's in 3d? I think I've read that somewhere. This may end up ruining it. If they use any of the CGI tactics from Godzilla (2014) then it will suffer in 3d but will do amazingly without it. I am excited. I've been waiting too long because I heard they wer making it before they re-released the first one in 3D and I think that was 2 years ago now.

I don't get it either.
I guess the complaints are mostly that the plot was pretty much just a rehash of the first movie.
But really, the movie is about dinosaurs hunting people... the plot really isn't THAT much of a big deal in those kinds of movies in the first place.
And I thought both 2 and 3 did a good job. It wasn't exactly the same "oh god that is so awesome" thing that the first movie had (because it was, well, new)... but they were still decent entertainment to enjoy with a bowl of popcorn or a pizza.
I personally loved the Spinosaurus a lot, so that may have helped, too.

I have already seen lots of people throw a massive temper tantrum about the D-Rex.
Seriously, people should just wait and see how they DO it in the movie. Maybe it's awesome.

I even saw someone (I think on the website I linked to) saying that they dislike the idea of the D-Rex because they enjoyed watching "real" dinosaurs and what they could have been like.
Uhm...yeah right. Today we already know that Jurassic Park does not at ALL represent what a T-Rex or a raptor looked like... and even completely changed existing dinosaurs to work better and have more "shock value" in the movie. emotion_facepalm
A D-Rex really isn't MUCH different from taking a Deinonynchus, making up some nice stories about it (like the intelligence level) and calling it a Velociraptor. That's just as "fake" as a completely invented dinosaur. sweatdrop

And no, sorry, I don't know if it will be 3D. Yes, Godzilla definitely suffered from it... D:

OG Tipper

9,400 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Ven Loraine Jr

I don't get it either.
I guess the complaints are mostly that the plot was pretty much just a rehash of the first movie.
But really, the movie is about dinosaurs hunting people... the plot really isn't THAT much of a big deal in those kinds of movies in the first place.
And I thought both 2 and 3 did a good job. It wasn't exactly the same "oh god that is so awesome" thing that the first movie had (because it was, well, new)... but they were still decent entertainment to enjoy with a bowl of popcorn or a pizza.
I personally loved the Spinosaurus a lot, so that may have helped, too.

I have already seen lots of people throw a massive temper tantrum about the D-Rex.
Seriously, people should just wait and see how they DO it in the movie. Maybe it's awesome.

I even saw someone (I think on the website I linked to) saying that they dislike the idea of the D-Rex because they enjoyed watching "real" dinosaurs and what they could have been like.
Uhm...yeah right. Today we already know that Jurassic Park does not at ALL represent what a T-Rex or a raptor looked like... and even completely changed existing dinosaurs to work better and have more "shock value" in the movie. emotion_facepalm
A D-Rex really isn't MUCH different from taking a Deinonynchus, making up some nice stories about it (like the intelligence level) and calling it a Velociraptor. That's just as "fake" as a completely invented dinosaur. sweatdrop

And no, sorry, I don't know if it will be 3D. Yes, Godzilla definitely suffered from it... D:

Oh I loved the spinosaurus. I mean, the third movie ended kinda laughable with the tanks and helicopters just magically appearing from the water and I know they explained it but in real life, no one saying "help, my friends are stuck on a dinosaur infested island!" would be taken seriously but I don't see the plots similar at all. The second has the poachers and of course the Dino rampage in the city and although the 3rd is really just running around an island with dinos and when you put it that way it seems like a knock off of the first one but it has a variety of Dino-villians and many plot points that makes it unique.

I think the d-rex sounds a bit too sci-fi, which I understand that is what jurassic park is, but there are easily other real large carnivorous dinosaurs that could have been used. I may hve opened up to the idea had his name not been "d-rex". But I know nothing about dinosaurs and I'm sure everyone else watching with the exception of a select few, don't know either so we won't be able to tell the differences between "real" and "mutated".

I think this could either be a hit or Miss and now with the release of Godzilla, may have to up their game in the CGI department. I wonder if they'll use the Robots again or if they ditched it and went full-cgi.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
x Cupids_Stunt x

Oh I loved the spinosaurus. I mean, the third movie ended kinda laughable with the tanks and helicopters just magically appearing from the water and I know they explained it but in real life, no one saying "help, my friends are stuck on a dinosaur infested island!" would be taken seriously but I don't see the plots similar at all. The second has the poachers and of course the Dino rampage in the city and although the 3rd is really just running around an island with dinos and when you put it that way it seems like a knock off of the first one but it has a variety of Dino-villians and many plot points that makes it unique.

I think the d-rex sounds a bit too sci-fi, which I understand that is what jurassic park is, but there are easily other real large carnivorous dinosaurs that could have been used. I may hve opened up to the idea had his name not been "d-rex". But I know nothing about dinosaurs and I'm sure everyone else watching with the exception of a select few, don't know either so we won't be able to tell the differences between "real" and "mutated".

I think this could either be a hit or Miss and now with the release of Godzilla, may have to up their game in the CGI department. I wonder if they'll use the Robots again or if they ditched it and went full-cgi.
Haha, yes, the ending was horrible. xd
I actually liked the plot with the poachers, too. It's exactly what would happen if an island like that existed in real life. People would go and try to profit off it one way or another.

Welllll, the name "Tyrannosaurus Rex" is rather silly, too, don't you think?
We're so used to it, but when you think about what it means... King of the terrible/tyrant lizards?!

They could have used the Giganotosaurus, the Utahraptor (yes, very nice names, too xd ), Troodons, ...

And well, they will also add the Mosasaurus. Which is something we have not had AT ALL.
(Can you see the desaster coming...? A swimming dinosaur on an island resort...? Ah yes.)

OG Tipper

9,400 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Ven Loraine Jr

Do you know if they're using robots still??

And yeah, it does sound kind of silly lol but D-rex sounds like a name for a monster truck lol but I see your point.

I think the addition of Pteranodons in the 3rd was fantastic. I think sticking to just one predator is silly. They need to keep Velociraptor because that has remained a huge threat since the first and eliminating them now would be a mistake. I get that the D-Rex is supposed to have raptor & cuttlefish (?) but it can't be the only threat.

It seems too far fetched and over-zealous. When you watch Jurassic Park, they do a great job in the first 3 at making the audience see these dinos as animals, and appropriately so. But splicing it into something so unlikely? It makes it into a "monster" now and not just an animal. And realistically, it's almost impossible to mix species, and would have years and years and years of mistrials and failures before making a real functional animal, so unless this takes place 80+ years after the last one, I personally will loose a bit of praise for the movie for not taking into account their audiences intelligence.

Taking on this new "monster" will be hard to pull off to the audience. I'm sure it's visually stunning but a story is just as important. A trained Dino? It's stupid. Really, the idea itself is stupid and has been played out too much in movies. They will have to execute this "d-rex" perfectly or else it will fail.

Adding in a water dinosaur is also risky, how in the Hell do you keep him near the island? I mean unless theres this HUGE fence around the entire island and underwater, it's also a pretty huge plot hole. What's stopping him from swimming to New York City if he wanted? Or terrorizing boats at sea? Or killing hundreds of sea life, leaving a huge trail of crumbs behind him? It seems they're leaving a lot of plot holes and aren't even trying to make it logical. Sci-fi is just that, SCIENCE fiction. Without the Sci in Sci-fi what would be the point?

But I digress, I am hopeful it will be good and I'm not expecting a perfect story with no flaws. I've been excited for sometime and I'm hoping it won't be a diaster, especially since it's taking a lot of production time and making their fans wait.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
x Cupids_Stunt x

No, I don't know. My guess would be that they probably use MAINLY CGI.
But I bet there will be robots for close-ups, too. After all, many fans love the animatronics the most.

x Cupids_Stunt x
And yeah, it does sound kind of silly lol but D-rex sounds like a name for a monster truck lol but I see your point.
Monster truck?! xd Now I can see it...

x Cupids_Stunt x
I think the addition of Pteranodons in the 3rd was fantastic. I think sticking to just one predator is silly. They need to keep Velociraptor because that has remained a huge threat since the first and eliminating them now would be a mistake. I get that the D-Rex is supposed to have raptor & cuttlefish (?) but it can't be the only threat.
T-Rex and raptors have already been confirmed to be in the movie. 3nodding

x Cupids_Stunt x
It seems too far fetched and over-zealous. When you watch Jurassic Park, they do a great job in the first 3 at making the audience see these dinos as animals, and appropriately so. But splicing it into something so unlikely? It makes it into a "monster" now and not just an animal. And realistically, it's almost impossible to mix species, and would have years and years and years of mistrials and failures before making a real functional animal, so unless this takes place 80+ years after the last one, I personally will loose a bit of praise for the movie for not taking into account their audiences intelligence.

Taking on this new "monster" will be hard to pull off to the audience. I'm sure it's visually stunning but a story is just as important. A trained Dino? It's stupid. Really, the idea itself is stupid and has been played out too much in movies. They will have to execute this "d-rex" perfectly or else it will fail.
Well, it all depends on how well they execute that idea.
Realistically, it is also completely impossible to create dinosaurs from mosquitos found in amber. And remember: They already did the "mixing species" thing by just casually adding toad/frog DNA into the dinosaur DNA in the first movie.
That was completely unrealistic as well - but they made it work for the movie.
I really don't want to be one of those party poopers who critizise everything before even seeing it. That's why I am really excited about the new movie, ESPECIALLY the D-Rex.
Not sure how I feel about the trained dinosaurs, though. I hope that won't be ridiculous.

x Cupids_Stunt x
Adding in a water dinosaur is also risky, how in the Hell do you keep him near the island? I mean unless theres this HUGE fence around the entire island and underwater, it's also a pretty huge plot hole. What's stopping him from swimming to New York City if he wanted? Or terrorizing boats at sea? Or killing hundreds of sea life, leaving a huge trail of crumbs behind him? It seems they're leaving a lot of plot holes and aren't even trying to make it logical. Sci-fi is just that, SCIENCE fiction. Without the Sci in Sci-fi what would be the point?

The water dinosaur will be kept in some kind of "lagoon" enclosure, from what we have seen on the leaked map. My guess is that it will only be connected by a tunnel / gate to the ocean.
Maybe seen on the left in this map?

x Cupids_Stunt x
But I digress, I am hopeful it will be good and I'm not expecting a perfect story with no flaws. I've been excited for sometime and I'm hoping it won't be a diaster, especially since it's taking a lot of production time and making their fans wait.
I think the new technology that we got since the third movie (in 2001?) will make this movie a very IMPRESSIVE Jurassic Park experience.
Even if the story sucks in the end, I am sure it will be nice to look at.

OG Tipper

9,400 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Ven Loraine Jr
x Cupids_Stunt x

No, I don't know. My guess would be that they probably use MAINLY CGI.
But I bet there will be robots for close-ups, too. After all, many fans love the animatronics the most.

x Cupids_Stunt x
Monster truck?! xd Now I can see it...

x Cupids_Stunt x
T-Rex and raptors have already been confirmed to be in the movie. 3nodding

x Cupids_Stunt x

Well, it all depends on how well they execute that idea.
Realistically, it is also completely impossible to create dinosaurs from mosquitos found in amber. And remember: They already did the "mixing species" thing by just casually adding toad/frog DNA into the dinosaur DNA in the first movie.
That was completely unrealistic as well - but they made it work for the movie.
I really don't want to be one of those party poopers who critizise everything before even seeing it. That's why I am really excited about the new movie, ESPECIALLY the D-Rex.
Not sure how I feel about the trained dinosaurs, though. I hope that won't be ridiculous.

x Cupids_Stunt x

The water dinosaur will be kept in some kind of "lagoon" enclosure, from what we have seen on the leaked map. My guess is that it will only be connected by a tunnel / gate to the ocean.
Maybe seen on the left in this map?

x Cupids_Stunt x
I think the new technology that we got since the third movie (in 2001?) will make this movie a very IMPRESSIVE Jurassic Park experience.
Even if the story sucks in the end, I am sure it will be nice to look at.

Okay, the lagoon now makes that seem entirely more possible and likely. Thanks for clearing that up because now I can see it clearly and realistic.

Yeah, the whole extracting DNA from mosquitoes thing is ridiculous but they pulled it off. Like I said, they have to clearly explain with somewhat believable science. They did a good job of that in the first one. The whole thing was not believable but as I said with this one, it's tricky to pull off and is possible it will fail. The one thing that can ruin a movie is leaving the viewers thinking "HUH?!?!" At the end of the movie. And I've noticed among friends and families, they will mention plot holes and be like "it made no sense". They have to pass it off as believable, as a kid Jurrasic Parks mosquito and toad babys coming out at huge dinos actually seemed real and I would actually be like "why does no one do this"? Lol but like I said, it's tricky to pull off. Let's hope the end result is a watchable, enjoyable film. I also hope they don't stray too far from what makes a jurassic park movie a jurassic park movie.
Rumor has it there's going to be mutant hybrid dinosaurs and trained good guy dinos.

Please be bullshit, rumor.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Captain Talavar
Rumor has it there's going to be mutant hybrid dinosaurs and trained good guy dinos.

Those rumors have been confirmed in the link I posted in my first post...

D-Rex: cross breed of T-Rex, raptor, snake and cuttlefish.

Some raptors and T-Rex are trained dinosaurs but no one knows to what extent or what it means.
Somewhere I read that one of the characters trained the raptors to react to his calls / whistling ... which we already saw happen in JP III so it's not even anything new.

5,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm a HUGE fan of the books- I find them to be one of the most fun re-read's and I've been through them a few times.

I'm so SCARED that it is going to end up some... idk, "hollywood gimmick"... since there aren't as many production team members returning from the older movies.

But I'll be freaking out all the while- I'm never going to get over those dinosaurs ~ 3nodding
Ven Loraine Jr
Captain Talavar

Some raptors and T-Rex are trained dinosaurs but no one knows to what extent or what it means.
Somewhere I read that one of the characters trained the raptors to react to his calls / whistling ... which we already saw happen in JP III so it's not even anything new.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Captain Talavar
Ven Loraine Jr
Captain Talavar

Just give it a chance.

In Jurassic Park, they used blood from mosquitos trapped in amber... and spliced the dinosaur DNA with frog DNA. What we got was dinosaurs that possessed traits of frogs.
Splicing that DNA AGAIN and giving an existing dinosaur a trait of a cuttlefish for example is not a big step from there.
After all, what is less extravagant: The ability to camouflage (like many animals) or the ability to reproduce without mating...? Yep, exactly...

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Moria_fen
I'm a HUGE fan of the books- I find them to be one of the most fun re-read's and I've been through them a few times.

I'm so SCARED that it is going to end up some... idk, "hollywood gimmick"... since there aren't as many production team members returning from the older movies.

But I'll be freaking out all the while- I'm never going to get over those dinosaurs ~ 3nodding
The books are so clever, too. Unfortunately, a lot of that got lost in the movie(s) from the very beginning.

I bet this movie will be fun~~~
Ven Loraine Jr
Just give it a chance.

In Jurassic Park, they used blood from mosquitos trapped in amber... and spliced the dinosaur DNA with frog DNA. What we got was dinosaurs that possessed traits of frogs.
Splicing that DNA AGAIN and giving an existing dinosaur a trait of a cuttlefish for example is not a big step from there.
After all, what is less extravagant: The ability to camouflage (like many animals) or the ability to reproduce without mating...? Yep, exactly...

I'll give it a chance, sure, and the reasoning isn't even that far-fetched, but once you have a bunch of weird mutant things running around, then part of the appeal is gone. Their frog traits never detracted from the awe you felt that you were seeing dinosaurs alive and breathing again. That's a huge part of what made Jurassic Park special. Tossing in a ton of genetic mutations and hybrids, that does detract from the appeal. Now it's no longer about dinosaurs being resurrected from extinction, it's just a monster movie.

It reminds me of what happened with the Walking With Dinosaurs movie. It was supposed to be an educational, awe-inspiring look at the lives of dinosaurs, but they had to release it with voices dubbed over everything to try and humanize them, and inserted a bunch of idiotic comedy for the ADD-riddled kiddies to giggle at in their seats.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff