Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
GOTHAM

Officail Trailer

So, for all you Batman fans out there , get ready for a nice little treat. On September 22, 2014 a new tv series will be coming to channels near you, Gotham! Now, I got some little downers for those who are expecting all-out Batman and all his crazy misadventures. This new series will be about Detective James Gordon and his earlier days on the Gotham City Police force!
Now, don't give me those, "awe..." or "boos", I have high hopes for this show. I mean, Gordon has always been pretty bad-a**.

Here is the synopsis :
"A new recruit in Captain Sarah Essen's Gotham City Police Department, Detective James Gordon is paired with Harvey Bullock to solve one of Gotham's most high-profile cases ever: the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. During his investigation, Gordon meets the Waynes' son, Bruce, now in the care of his butler Alfred, which further compels Gordon to catch the killer. Along the way, Gordon must confront gang boss Fish Mooney, as well as many of Gotham's future villains, such as Selina Kyle and Oswald Cobblepot. Eventually, Gordon is forced to form an unlikely friendship with Bruce, one that will help shape the boy's future in becoming the Dark Knight. "

"The idea evolved not only to include the Bruce Wayne character, but will also tell the origin stories of several Batman villains, including the Penguin, the Riddler, Catwoman, the Joker, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Hugo Strange, Harvey Dent and Mr. Freeze.The first season will consist of sixteen episodes. "

Spoons!
gaia_spoons Are you excited for the new show? What are you thoughts? Are you disappointed or excited?
gaia_spoons How do you feel with the show being about Gordon?
gaia_spoons Do you expect that they will make an actual The Batman live-tv show next?
gaia_spoons Who are you excited to see in the show?

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Gotham...is here! FINALLY!

Yay! After the long wait, Gotham premiered it's first episode today on Fox! Please remember to hide any spoilers for those who haven't seen it by using the spoiler icon!
Please use me! :]

Tell us your opinion about the new show, good or bad! Discuss! :>

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
And this one too! ninja

Shameless Heckler

14,225 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Crack Shot 50
I'm looking forward to it, it looks pretty good. I like seeing how things start out or a possible way things start out in this case. The fact that it's about Gordon makes it sound like it's gonna be a cop show which could be interesting.

King Slayer

Yes yes!

I'm a huge Batman fan, and I believe making the show about Gordon is great.. it shows a different side of the things than just about Batman.

I really want to see Harley Quinn.
HELL YES!
It'll be fun to see all the villains when they were younger.
I have a feeling I'll have a crush on Penguin and the Riddler.
Also, I NEED HARLEY QUINN.
A young Joker would be ******** amazing.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Twisted_Misery
HELL YES!

Same! c:
I'm curious on who will play the Penguin and the Riddler. I actually really did enjoy Jim Carrey's version of the Joker and Dani Devito's version of The Penguin. And a some back story about the Joker before his toxic fall will be interesting!

I am curious about one thing though, age. This version of about Gordon will make me wonder on how they will do Harley Quinn and Selena Kyle because Bruce Wayne will be still a young in this version.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Metallithrasha
I'm looking forward to it, it looks pretty good. I like seeing how things start out or a possible way things start out in this case. The fact that it's about Gordon makes it sound like it's gonna be a cop show which could be interesting.

Yeah, but I do hope for a gritty and grunge style with the show, because when I always think of Gotham, I think of a grunge and eery city.
Little Dead Soldier
Twisted_Misery
HELL YES!

Same! c:
I'm curious on who will play the Penguin and the Riddler. I actually really did enjoy Jim Carrey's version of the Joker and Dani Devito's version of The Penguin. And a some back story about the Joker before his toxic fall will be interesting!

I am curious about one thing though, age. This version of about Gordon will make me wonder on how they will do Harley Quinn and Selena Kyle because Bruce Wayne will be still a young in this version.

The roles have already been cast.
You can look it up.
Just seeing the Penguin and the Riddler in the trailers has already given me enough reason to have a crush on them.
You mean Jim's version of the Riddler, and yeah, he was pretty good.
Danny was a great Penguin.
They'd have to make the majority of the stuff up about the Joker because not much is revealed in the comics about his past.

They haven't said anything about Harley, so I don't know if she'll ever be on the show.
In the trailer, Selina is a kid because she and Bruce are around the same age.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Twisted_Misery
Little Dead Soldier
Twisted_Misery
HELL YES!

Same! c:

You can look it up.
Just seeing the Penguin and the Riddler in the trailers has already given me enough reason to have a crush on them.
They'd have to make the majority of the stuff up about the Joker because not much is revealed in the comics about his past.

They haven't said anything about Harley, so I don't know if she'll ever be on the show.

Haha, opps. Typo, yes, the Riddler.

Oh, I actually didn't get to check out the cast list. I need to sneak peek that!
&& I also didn't see that Selena was young. Thank you for that!
Little Dead Soldier
Twisted_Misery

You can look it up.

Haha, opps. Typo, yes, the Riddler.

Oh, I actually didn't get to check out the cast list. I need to sneak peek that!
&& I also didn't see that Selena was young. Thank you for that!

The casting looks good.
No problem!
Selina looks absolutely adorable.
If it ends up being even slightly like Gotham Central, I'm all in.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
I'm excited. I can't wait to see the backstory of meeting Bruce Wayne and then new villian.
I think a show about Gordon and the GCPD could be really cool, but this honestly looks terrible. I don't think it looks good stylistically and I don't like the fact that Selina is Catwoman (or something to that effect) as a little girl. Actually, seeing all of the villains this early is kind of silly, because if Gordon has been dealing with these guys since Bruce was a kid, why the hell should Batman be needed? Wouldn't you think they'd have 'em figured out? Unless, of course, the GCPD fails every episode and never figures out how to stop the rogues, which I doubt will happen. Also, Bruce looks useless and annoying.

As a small nitpick, Gordon doesn't have his mustache or wear glasses. Might as well just be someone else.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Professor Giggles
I think a show about Gordon and the GCPD could be really cool, but this honestly looks terrible. I don't think it looks good stylistically and I don't like the fact that Selina is Catwoman (or something to that effect) as a little girl. Actually, seeing all of the villains this early is kind of silly, because if Gordon has been dealing with these guys since Bruce was a kid, why the hell should Batman be needed? Wouldn't you think they'd have 'em figured out? Unless, of course, the GCPD fails every episode and never figures out how to stop the rogues, which I doubt will happen. Also, Bruce looks useless and annoying.

As a small nitpick, Gordon doesn't have his mustache or wear glasses. Might as well just be someone else.

Interesting points.
I don't think these villains will actually be already a villain, but building up to their future selves? This is just a guess since the show has appeared yet.
And I did notice he wasn't wearing glasses or had his stash, maybe he will get those later on.
I did like who they got to play Bullock, the guy actually looks a bit like how he was in some comic book adaptions. Their main focus in the show is the gang boss, Fish Mooney and finding out Wayne's murderer. In some adaptions of Batman, his father Thomas Wayne used to help the community and was helping on keeping crime down, while adaptions was that Thomas Wayne was just inheritor of the Wayne family fortune and just a public figure. But my point is, crime in Gotham seemed to gotten worse after Wayne's parents died and the police used to be bought out by certain mob bosses (except for Gordon), so Batman was desperately needed in Gotham.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff