This is just a thread to discuss your favorite 80's movies. 'Cause they rock~~
So yep, post away!

I love The Lost Boys personally <3
MangaAquarium
Hi! biggrin
So yep, post away!

"The Lost Boys" was fun. The vampires weren't sparkly.

I'm at work, so I can't take time to really run them down. Especially the "cult classics."

I'm a sci-fi geek. Definitely "Blade Runner" and "Aliens." And, of course, "The Terminator."

"Escape from New York"... "Repo Man"... "Tron"... "Flash Gordon"

"Dark Crystal"... "Labyrinth"... "Willow"... "Time Bandits"... "Highlander" (but not the sequels!)

Quirky comedies such as "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension!" (Let's go, Big Booty!)

Boss is coming. See ya!

Kawaii Gaian

MechWarrior Princess M

Oh, that's okay! ^^
I know right XD Thats the way it should be. I've seen it probably a thousand times :3 It's like my favorite thing EVER. I heard they made two sequels in 2006, but I refuse to watch them >:T someone told me that Sam turns into a vampire, hides, and winds up being staked???

My parents both loved Highlander~ I didn't even know they made sequels! the main character has a funny name haha. It's great though~~
There are some good sci fi 80s movies biggrin

I also like those cute movies like "Big," "Sixteen Candles," and "The Breakfast Club" (<-- especially that one <3)! Aah, they don't have movies like that now :T

And Rocky is pretty good too biggrin
MechWarrior Princess M
MangaAquarium
Hi! biggrin
So yep, post away!

"The Lost Boys" was fun. The vampires weren't sparkly.

I'm at work, so I can't take time to really run them down. Especially the "cult classics."

I'm a sci-fi geek. Definitely "Blade Runner" and "Aliens." And, of course, "The Terminator."

"Escape from New York"... "Repo Man"... "Tron"... "Flash Gordon"

"Dark Crystal"... "Labyrinth"... "Willow"... "Time Bandits"... "Highlander" (but not the sequels!)

Quirky comedies such as "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension!" (Let's go, Big Booty!)

Boss is coming. See ya!

The lost boys!!! I completely forgot about that movie. I wonder if its on netflix, Im going to watch it tonight.

Kawaii Gaian

dobby10

Omg do it! I have it on DVD but I'm sure they do~~
I kept my sister up till 1:30 AM watching it with me last week XD

Interesting Detective

11,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2, Die Hard, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Lethal Weapons 1 and 2...man, there's a ton of great movies from the 80's.

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
Mustn't forget early 90's movies either... although they're pretty similar.

They just played The Lost Boys on the Ovation channel not too long ago....man I love the music from it.

I pretty much grew up on the 80's and early 90's movies/T.V. shows/music. Seriously epic era. They don't make movies like those any more, unfortunately. Now it's all about CGi and on horror movies all about gore/guts/moar blood/etc. Also vampires weren't sparkly back then and the werewolves weren't sucky either.

OMG... did I just see someone mention Flash Gordon and Highlander in the same post? O_O
Although Flash Gordon was cheesy, you've gotta love the soundtrack as it's entirely done by Queen. So is Highlander's soundtrack too...well mostly. However Highlander's not cheesy.

No one mentioned The Goonies yet nor the Indiana Jones films( not the newest one... that one sucks). P: Or Gremlins, The Land Before Time, Critters, or Poltergiest ( and the fact there's a possible curse with the cast considering they used actual bodies in the film). Or even the older Star Trek films...

Also mustn't forget Warlock. Some of the parts in that movie was way too nasty and creepy.. in a good way. I remember having horror movie nights with my sister and that was always on the list to watch because it was a pretty good film. Though Children of The Corn was just confusing. Didn't understand the plot of it until the later films. It too was always on the list to watch during these marathons.
I grew up on mostly the 80's horror films and a lot of it was those based off of the Stephen King novels. However since my family was pretty diverse in their favorite genres I'm kind of like that too. From the action type like the Die Hard movies, Indiana Jones, The Goonies to the fantasy type like Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, The Last Unicorn, The Neverending Story(it's sequel though the other sequels weren't as great), etc.

The Neverending Story was another childhood favorite. Falkor being my favorite character of course. I remember one year in Elementary school that there was a book fair selling a copy of the novel. Because of my love of the movie and the second film I ended up buying it. It was a rather big novel so I didn't have much time to read it until I got a bit older. I remember my mom always telling me that the novels are always better than the films. The book was a bit darker than the films and they left a lot out not to mention changed quite a bit.

The Last Unicorn was a 1982 film. Loved the movie so much that I think it became a bit of an inspiration to my art as I grew up. I haven't read the novel yet, but I intend to someday.

Oh, man... the nostalgia in this thread...
KaryuunoSamurai
Mustn't forget early 90's movies either... although they're pretty similar.

They just played The Lost Boys on the Ovation channel not too long ago....man I love the music from it.

I pretty much grew up on the 80's and early 90's movies/T.V. shows/music. Seriously epic era. They don't make movies like those any more, unfortunately. Now it's all about CGi and on horror movies all about gore/guts/moar blood/etc. Also vampires weren't sparkly back then and the werewolves weren't sucky either.

OMG... did I just see someone mention Flash Gordon and Highlander in the same post? O_O
Although Flash Gordon was cheesy, you've gotta love the soundtrack as it's entirely done by Queen. So is Highlander's soundtrack too...well mostly. However Highlander's not cheesy.

No one mentioned The Goonies yet nor the Indiana Jones films( not the newest one... that one sucks). P: Or Gremlins, The Land Before Time, Critters, or Poltergiest ( and the fact there's a possible curse with the cast considering they used actual bodies in the film). Or even the older Star Trek films...

Also mustn't forget Warlock. Some of the parts in that movie was way too nasty and creepy.. in a good way. I remember having horror movie nights with my sister and that was always on the list to watch because it was a pretty good film. Though Children of The Corn was just confusing. Didn't understand the plot of it until the later films. It too was always on the list to watch during these marathons.
I grew up on mostly the 80's horror films and a lot of it was those based off of the Stephen King novels. However since my family was pretty diverse in their favorite genres I'm kind of like that too. From the action type like the Die Hard movies, Indiana Jones, The Goonies to the fantasy type like Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, The Last Unicorn, The Neverending Story(it's sequel though the other sequels weren't as great), etc.

The Neverending Story was another childhood favorite. Falkor being my favorite character of course. I remember one year in Elementary school that there was a book fair selling a copy of the novel. Because of my love of the movie and the second film I ended up buying it. It was a rather big novel so I didn't have much time to read it until I got a bit older. I remember my mom always telling me that the novels are always better than the films. The book was a bit darker than the films and they left a lot out not to mention changed quite a bit.

The Last Unicorn was a 1982 film. Loved the movie so much that I think it became a bit of an inspiration to my art as I grew up. I haven't read the novel yet, but I intend to someday.

Oh, man... the nostalgia in this thread...

They used real corpses in "Poltergeist?!?" eek

I love "Indiana Jones" but none of the sequels. It's a great tribute to the 1930s and 40s Saturday matinee cliffhangers.

And, come on... QUEEN! What's not to love?

Kawaii Gaian

KaryuunoSamurai

I'm not sure if this is from the early or late nineties, but "True Romance" is great ^^

Oh yes, I was up past midnight watching it with my sister last week on that channel XD It does have a great soundtrack~ I have it on my Kindle biggrin

Gremlins! That was cute. I remain the only one who doesn't think Gizmo is cute though haha. The Indiana Jones movie was good too. I didn't see the sequels yet.

And I didn't know that about Poltergeist D: Oh no!

The Stephen King movie I like is "Christine," but I think that's from the 70's...?? There are some good movies there too. Like "American Graffiti."

Almost never can there be good sequels to an already classic movie. Same goes for the Lost Boys, which they ruined in 2006 ):

Speaking of, that was made into a book the year it came out, and it has new details on the story. I want to read it so badly, but since it's out of publication, the cheapest copy is $50 dollars with it now being considered a collector's item. Oh well ^^'

Greedy Smoker

6,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
MangaAquarium

I'm not quite sure if it's 80's but, I love the Godfather movie, even the game 3nodding

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
MechWarrior Princess M
I'm a sci-fi geek. Definitely "Blade Runner" and "Aliens."

Best movies ever, to this day. Ridley Scott + Syd Mead = epic awesomeness!
Oddly, I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of 80s movies, but most of my favorite films in general just happened to of been made then. For example:

Breakfast Club
The Terminator
Clue
Batman '89

Too bad Halloween misses the mark by two years. That would of made the list too.

Kawaii Gaian

Professor Giggles
Oddly, I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of 80s movies, but most of my favorite films in general just happened to of been made then. For example:

Breakfast Club
The Terminator
Clue
Batman '89

Too bad Halloween misses the mark by two years. That would of made the list too.

Oh I love the Breakfast Club biggrin who doesn't??? ^^

Yeah D: Also True Romance missed the mark by four ;; that would totally be on mine ^^

Kawaii Gaian

Potato Korner
MangaAquarium

I'm not quite sure if it's 80's but, I love the Godfather movie, even the game 3nodding

That one came out in '72 ^^ but it is a classic biggrin

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
The Breakfast Club
Lost Boys
Pretty in Pink
Labyrinth
Dirty Dancing

These are my favorites!