Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Cultist

2012 New Movie Challenge

Some of you may or may not have heard of the New Book challenge that happens every years in the book forum, it has been requested that there be a movie version of it. It's a bit late in the year, but I thought I might as well start it off now so It's already rolling by next year.

The challenge is to watch as many movies that you have never seen before by the end of the year. You can post your goal on here and all of the movies that you end up watching. It's a fun way to encourage yourself and others to see new films.

The Winners Circle:
To become a winner and be added to the list post your movie goal of how many films you want to see that you have never seen before, and when you have completed the task, post back.

Halloween Challenge
I will have some mini contests to help people meet their movie goals, and october is the 31 days of Halloween challenge.
The goal is to watch 31 horror or halloween related movies in the month of October.
Here's a good start list

Winners:

Dapper Cultist

So I have actually seen almost 100 new movies this year already since it was my personal goal this year, but I stopped listing them at one point. Next year I will post them on the thread as I see them, maybe even have a small review :]

Halloween Challenge: Started October 1, 2012
1. Donnie Darko
2. Hellraiser
3. The Orphan
4. Shutter
5. Sinister
6. The Good Witch
7. Cropsy

Previously this year: Started January 1, 2012
1. Dark Shadows directed by Tim Burton
2. Cabin in the Woods
3. The Grey
4. The Avengers
5. Horrible Bosses
6. The Sitter
7. Attack of the Block
8. Jeff Who Lives at Home
9. The Muppets
10. The Hunger Games
11. Chronicle
12. 21 Jump Street
13. Xaolin Soccer
14. House of my Father with Will Ferral
15. Wrath of the Titans
16. The Raven
17. Toys
18. Groundhog Day
19. Dahmer
20. 10 miles per hour
21. Dinner for Shmucks
22. From Dusk till Dawn
23. The Addams Family (1991)
24. Dylan Dog: Dead of Night
25. Troll Hunter
26. Paranormal Activity 2
27. Paranormal Activity 3
28. Kevin Smith: Burn in Hell
29. MST3: Soul Taker
30. Men in Black 3
31. Devil’s Bible (history channel special)
32. Drive
33. Asssscat!
34. Pet Sematary
35. Stuck on You
36. Red State
37. Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil
39. MST3: Blood Beast
40. Sex and Death 101
41. The Woman
42.Detective and the Phantom Flame
43. Camp Dread
44. The Devil
45. Kalifornia
46. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
47. Brave
48. Johnny English: Reborn
49. Dark Knight Rises
50. HellRider 2
51. The Never Ending Story
52. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
53. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
54. Devil Inside
55. Eddie Izzard: Dress to Kill
56. From Dusk Till Dawn
57. Monty Python and The Meaning of Life
58. School of Rock
59. Audition
60. Judge Dread
61. Looper
62. Donnie Darko
63. Never Ending Story 2
64. Private Parts
65. Fido
66. Serenity
67. Paranorman
68. Super 8
69. God Bless America
70. Sector 7
71. The Dictator
72. Starship Troopers
73. Oldboy
74. Iron Clad
75. Wreck it Ralph (the pre screening)
76. My neighbor Totorro
77. Princess Mononoke
78. Pokemon, the second movie
79. Hellraiser
80. The Orphan
81. Shutter
82. The Campaign
83. Total Recall
84. Sinister
85. Push
86. The Good Witch
87. Cropsy

Invisible Lunatic

17,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
Ha! I'm already doing the Halloween challenge! Well, sort of. Mine's more the 27 movies of Halloween as I'm not watching them on Sundays, but I'm sure I'll still see at least 31 Halloween related movies before October is up as I'll watch more than one in a day. smile

Dapper Cultist

setsuru
Ha! I'm already doing the Halloween challenge! Well, sort of. Mine's more the 27 movies of Halloween as I'm not watching them on Sundays, but I'm sure I'll still see at least 31 Halloween related movies before October is up as I'll watch more than one in a day. smile

^^ cool, goodluck to you

Invisible Lunatic

17,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
Vlad T
setsuru

^^ cool, goodluck to you

And to you and your thread! ^_^

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I am so excited for this! I'm going to give it my best shot. Can't wait for next year to do the whole new movie challenge. Instead of making the goal 100 though, it could be better to let everyone set his or her own goal like the books challenge. 100 is kind of difficult. I love movies, but I usually work all day, so that'd be hard to achieve.

Dapper Cultist

Blue Eyed Wallflower
I am so excited for this! I'm going to give it my best shot. Can't wait for next year to do the whole new movie challenge. Instead of making the goal 100 though, it could be better to let everyone set his or her own goal like the books challenge. 100 is kind of difficult. I love movies, but I usually work all day, so that'd be hard to achieve.

yea, I think that will just have to wait till next year, I'll go change that now.

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Vlad T
Blue Eyed Wallflower

yea, I think that will just have to wait till next year, I'll go change that now.

Cool! I really want to participate, so that'll make it a lot easier.

Dapper Cultist

Blue Eyed Wallflower
Vlad T
Blue Eyed Wallflower

^^ good, and yea, I was being dumb when I listed that XD
Nice avatar btw, very festive

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Vlad T
Blue Eyed Wallflower
Vlad T
Blue Eyed Wallflower

No way! It wasn't dumb at all. This thread will be fun. smile
Thank you! It's just stuff that was in my inventory. I haven't really put together my October outfit yet. I like yours as well. biggrin

Dapper Cultist

Blue Eyed Wallflower
Vlad T
Blue Eyed Wallflower
Vlad T
Blue Eyed Wallflower

No way! It wasn't dumb at all. This thread will be fun. smile
Thank you! It's just stuff that was in my inventory. I haven't really put together my October outfit yet. I like yours as well. biggrin

^^ Thanks, and I hope the thread turns out to be fun too.

Dapper Cultist

I really thought netflix would have better halloween movies in october :/

Dapper Cultist

no takers yet? Maybe next year will do better

Dapper Cultist

I just saw "push", good movie

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
You know you can just cheat on this right??

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff