Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Regular

ChvrchesLyfe
Doghouse Reilly
To deliberately make an effort to stay underground seems incredibly pretentious and generally disdainful of potential listeners. Art doesn't always have to be accessible, but art is a matter of expression, and therefore exposure should be encouraged, rather than fought against.
Pfff

I disagree. Not because I enjoy telling people about all this shiz I listen to that they've surely never heard about before, but because I completely understand why some musicians and groups don't want to make it big and get their name plastered all over weblogs. An underground band is easily much more special solely because they're not very well-known. Often you'll get this cult following of true, passionate fans instead of thousands of meaningless likes from people that know basically squat s**t about them.

It depends heavily on the music created, and I can't stand how some bands label themselves as an "underground experiment/experience", but I completely understand why some bands enjoy the idea of not being very easy to find, and I support it.

Staying underground is part of the expression for some.

User Image

Dangerous Lunatic

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas