Welcome to Gaia! ::

We all know that dubstep and EDM are eventually going to have to give in at some point, and there's already talk even on these forums about dubstep dying out. So I thought, why not bring up what everyone should be thinking. What will be the next big thing? Personally, I think that acid house music is making an emergence, with artists like Le Youth. Could acid house make a comeback? I also see a bit of a calling for trip hop styles. I guess only time will tell.
Thats a good point, im not so well experienced yet bcuz i js got hooked on electronic music again and i love it. My personal opinion would depend on where you look, my newb ears enjoy the current dubstep and EDM. I agree that dubstep and EDM are eventually gonna head down hill, but right now its like the first page in my book. I'll js assume it will die down eventually, who knows, or it could even improve. As for the next big thing, ive heard of Trap is getting up there since its combination of hiphop/rap beats with electro.
EDM Boi
Thats a good point, im not so well experienced yet bcuz i js got hooked on electronic music again and i love it. My personal opinion would depend on where you look, my newb ears enjoy the current dubstep and EDM. I agree that dubstep and EDM are eventually gonna head down hill, but right now its like the first page in my book. I'll js assume it will die down eventually, who knows, or it could even improve. As for the next big thing, ive heard of Trap is getting up there since its combination of hiphop/rap beats with electro.

Well music goes in a circle, and when something reaches it's peak, it dies down. That's how it works, it's like any trend. I agree, I think trap is getting up there.. We're probably gonna be seeing that rise up and then perhaps it will get more experimental and delve into trip hop.

Prophet

only diplo knows....
dubstep has gone back to it's underground roots m8 and is more alive than ever
i'm hoping vintage synth music becomes the next big thing everyone listens to. lots of people already listen to CHVRCHES and such, but it'd be nice to get it right out in the mainstream.

Here are a couple of my favorites that remind me of the golden age of cyberpunk:

Interesting Regular

Iogical
only diplo knows....

Diplo doesn't know s**t. Diplo plays Rihanna in his ******** sets.

Prophet

savagesarge
Iogical
only diplo knows....

yeah youre right
i guess mad decent doesnt mean anything rolleyes

Interesting Regular

Iogical
savagesarge
Iogical
only diplo knows....

yeah youre right

Mad decent in itself doesn't mean batshit.

Gracious Gaian

savagesarge
Iogical
savagesarge
Iogical
only diplo knows....

yeah youre right

Mad decent in itself doesn't mean batshit.

Diplo is producing new music for Madonna.

Mad Decent is highly influential in the EDM scene.

Your ignorance is showing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces