Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'd hate to see the forums in the music section if every genre and sub-genre had their own forum page..... stressed

Just be glad you're not lumped together with those Avril loving freaks on other boards.
as much as industrial is electronic music. it is not a sub-genre of... anything.
shorelinedpoison
as much as industrial is electronic music. it is not a sub-genre of... anything.

It is as much a subgenre of electronic music as Breaks, Trance, house, techno, dnb, jungle, techno and downtempo are subgenres of electronic music.,
Funkrise
shorelinedpoison

It is as much a subgenre of electronic music as Breaks, Trance, house, techno, dnb, jungle, techno and downtempo are subgenres of electronic music.,

This is almost as sad as someone calling BT a group:
Lone Fighter Ryu
I probably just now found out about them and their old I'm sure. But I heard a remix and searched for them and found them and I think they rock. I know not many people like techno but i wanted to see if anyone else heard of them. xp
gonk

[********]

DON'T UNDERSTAND YET?!?!

User Image
Wuzzel, you rock. heart
Wuzzel
Funkrise
shorelinedpoison

This is almost as sad as someone calling BT a group:
Lone Fighter Ryu
I probably just now found out about them and their old I'm sure. But I heard a remix and searched for them and found them and I think they rock. I know not many people like techno but i wanted to see if anyone else heard of them. xp
gonk

[********]

DON'T UNDERSTAND YET?!?!

User Image

I can't tell if you are insulting me or the other person.

If you are insulting me, good one. Also, I dislike viewing breaks, techno, trance, house etc as subgenres. I mean when you go to a record store it has a classic rock section, a punk rock section, a metal section, an rnb section, a hip hop section and if you're lucky an "electronic section. When really I don't see why This mass grouping only happens with electronic music. It bothers me. Anywho, thats my two cents.

If you were insulting the idiot who made this thread then: nice one.
I was making a point. Insulting anyone who thought Industrial wasn't a subforum of Electronic.

So, no I wasn't insulting you. gonk heart
Wuzzel
I was making a point. Insulting anyone who thought Industrial wasn't a subforum of Electronic.

So, no I wasn't insulting you. gonk heart

okay good. smile <3
While the whole genre thing may sound stupid, without genres, Eminem would be playing in goth clubs. We wouldn't want that now would we?

Anyhoo..

Industrial is a thing of the past, circa 1975 (give or take a year or two) through 1998. With groups like Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, and Einsturzende Neubauten kicking it out in the late 70's (cold meat industry can kiss my a**, folks.) to the more revolutionary groups from the early 80's like Skinny Puppy, Front 242, Frontline Assembly, Bigod20 etc. making it a little less clanky and experimental, and forming itself into Front 242's term EBM. Then by the late 90's, EBM began to take off, and form itself into what VNV Nation coined, "futurepop". With groups like VNV Nation, Covenant, Assemblage 23, Funker Vogt, and Apoptygma Berzerk, you get a taste of what industrial has turned into over the past twenty years..

But yes, I agree with you all. And By all, I mean those of you who aren't idiots.

I need a drink, so if you'll excuse me...
It's funny people are still using the word industrial...thats what they called it 11 years ago when I first got into it. Its EBM...thats what the labels, bands and most the fans call it. Only relative newcomers who only know about NIN or Rammstein still seem to be using that old word.

Im all down for Electronic/EBM as a forum name. Because right there, you let people know 'hey...come here, ya can discuss your BT, your crystal method, your DDR, tiesto, wumpscut, VNV, funker vogt, etc'
What I don't get is why people lump Rammstein in with Industrial OR Electronic....
Wuzzel

[********]

DON'T UNDERSTAND YET?!?!

User Image

SP aren't industrial, they're melodic and far closer to EBM.
Industrial exists as a genre in itself - offensive, unmelodic and messed up. I accept the use of electronics within its structure (sampling, synths), but the use of guitar (both bass and 6 string) and acoustic percussion by many of the groups would unqualify it as electronica by many the definition of many. IMO it defined 70s Britain, or urban britain in general. Look at the photos TG's album sleeves, depressing looking housing estates, tesco developements etc and a lot of places still look like that - industrial. You live in Canada right? It's different, you wouldn't understand.
You can quote retarded sites if you like, but you'll dig yourself futher into your ignorance, and further towards little shitheads who claim KMFDM, NIN and Rammstein to be their "industrial m00sic favez!!1"
That's just sick. You can't do that to yourself.
Ztrobe
Wuzzel

[********]

DON'T UNDERSTAND YET?!?!

User Image

SP aren't industrial, they're melodic and far closer to EBM.
Industrial exists as a genre in itself - offensive, unmelodic and messed up. I accept the use of electronics within its structure (sampling, synths), but the use of guitar (both bass and 6 string) and acoustic percussion by many of the groups would unqualify it as electronica by many the definition of many. IMO it defined 70s Britain, or urban britain in general. Look at the photos TG's album sleeves, depressing looking housing estates, tesco developements etc and a lot of places still look like that - industrial. You live in Canada right? It's different, you wouldn't understand.
You can quote retarded sites if you like, but you'll dig yourself futher into your ignorance, and further towards little shitheads who claim KMFDM, NIN and Rammstein to be their "industrial m00sic favez!!1"
That's just sick. You can't do that to yourself.

Making fun of Canadians isn't a good idea because, half of us here are Canadians, and as for Discogs and IGEM. Those are probably the most informative sites on the internet about Electronic music. So seriously, get over it.
pockybot
It's funny people are still using the word industrial...thats what they called it 11 years ago when I first got into it. Its EBM...thats what the labels, bands and most the fans call it. Only relative newcomers who only know about NIN or Rammstein still seem to be using that old word.

Im all down for Electronic/EBM as a forum name. Because right there, you let people know 'hey...come here, ya can discuss your BT, your crystal method, your DDR, tiesto, wumpscut, VNV, funker vogt, etc'

Or we could call it Electronic/ House, Breakbeat, Trance, EBM, Downtempo....

or not.. neutral

If they don't know that EBM is electronic music, then it's probably good they don't post here. Seriously, maybe asking them to include different types of genres in the summary would probably be a better idea....Then that would inform them that you can talk about DJ testicle to VNV... Hmm?
I can't beleive my question spawned a whole long discussion and or arguement.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff