Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Regular

I Like house too
Well the VERY first time I heard a Deadmau5 track was on the Tiësto Elements Of Life Copenhagen DVD (the second track is Not Exactly, while the first is one of Tiësto's tracks - just to play a Deadmau5 track as his first non-Tiësto track is pretty cool), and it got stuck in my head for a while. I had also heard his remix of The Crystal Method's Cherry Twist around this time, and thought it was pretty cool. This was back when I called him Dead-mow-five TBH. I didn't really look deeper into his discography until...

One day, my good friend Dusty showed me the magical song The Reward Is Cheese, and by the time the first bass note hit right before the drop hit, I was instantly hooked. He also corrected my prononciation of the name as well. Then I kind of just went from there, scouting out remixes of his, as well as his original tracks and what not.

Nowadays, I feel sort of different about the mau5. I think the fame has got to him a little, and I've heard from a bunch of people who have talked with him, and I get the idea that he's a bit of a douche. Nevertheless, his tracks are very well produced, and I don't think people can argue with that.
Spife
Batman on XTC
I first heard of Deadmau5 from, as you already said from the opening post; In Search Of Sunrise 6: Ibiza with the Song Arguru, then I seen some albums by him at the local CD store, so I purchased his latest album; For Lack Of A Better Name.

Well don't keep us waiting boss, how is it?!

I think For Lack Of A Better Name was just ok. I was mostly disappointed that more than half of the tracks had been released previously: some from a mere month before, some a full year or so. But the new songs were good. FML is just plain sick, and Soma has a beautiful piano breakdown. The 16th Hour was a quick step away from his housy stuff and almost pushed him a touch toward trance. Then Strobe is pretty cool as well. But I knew the other six tracks from before anyway, so it was too bad that only four songs made the album decent.
I lol'd at this thread. After all the s**t everyone talked on Deadmau5. haha.

At least I admitted I liked him from the beginning. talk2hand Even if hes a douche.
-hedkandy-

At least I admitted I liked him from the beginning. talk2hand Even if hes a douche.

Look at the first post date. I liked him before his a** got overplayed and no matter what tripe he turned out, it made top 10 Beatport. It became proof that, while every now and then he makes a bomb track, people just buy the music because of the name attached to it.
Cyph3r.Punk
-hedkandy-

Look at the first post date. I liked him before his a** got overplayed and no matter what tripe he turned out, it made top 10 Beatport. It became proof that, while every now and then he makes a bomb track, people just buy the music because of the name attached to it.

Hahahahahaha. I pay good attention, yup.

I like his progressive s**t alot. Not so much on the other stuff.
-hedkandy-
Cyph3r.Punk
-hedkandy-

How about some Progressive Dubstep? Should we just call it ProgStep for short? lol
Cyph3r.Punk
-hedkandy-
Cyph3r.Punk
-hedkandy-

How about some Progressive Dubstep? Should we just call it ProgStep for short? lol

I love that mix. Its on my sleepy time playlist though... Needs more dubstep like this, like the dubfiend remix of sanctuary.
-hedkandy-
Cyph3r.Punk
-hedkandy-
Cyph3r.Punk
-hedkandy-

I love that mix. Its on my sleepy time playlist though... Needs more dubstep like this, like the dubfiend remix of sanctuary.

Dude, thats the only track that I've heard of like that >.< Well, besides what was in some thread that I think you made awhile ago. Maybe it was someone else, but man, that track is so chill. More dubstep needs to be like that.
Cyph3r.Punk
-hedkandy-
Cyph3r.Punk
-hedkandy-
Cyph3r.Punk
-hedkandy-

Dude, thats the only track that I've heard of like that >.< Well, besides what was in some thread that I think you made awhile ago. Maybe it was someone else, but man, that track is so chill. More dubstep needs to be like that.

It was probably me, I really like the chill progressive tracks. Theres some stuff thats chill like it, but its rastastep, like OTT.

Shy Giver

9,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Heard a few of is live sets here at raves.
Great music.
When you hear the music you have to just stand up and dance
I still go flaccid at the fact that I see Tiesto near his name a lot more these days,
great guy, though I noticed he's apparently a douche?

I have met him, and he is honestly a pretty chill dude when he has nothing to front.
Not entirely a fan though,

Sending off my vocals to him this week, fingers crossed
menyth
heart wikipedia.
wahmbulance Heartbreaker (Wolfgang Gartner Remix) wahmbulance

Deadmau5 makes gooood music. awwsum rmx too ;]
The only thing I can say about him that's googd is that he knows how to beat match.
That more than I can say about other DJ's I know.
destruction-halo
The only thing I can say about him that's googd is that he knows how to beat match.

Funfact: He doesnt DJ. He does Live PA's. Huge difference.
Cyph3r.Punk
destruction-halo

Funfact: He doesnt DJ. He does Live PA's. Huge difference.

Huh, didn't know that. I just assumed.

Anyway, I got "Random Album Title" and am enjoying very much. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas