Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Fatcat

PsyCraft
xescapexmexjenn
Erm. News flash. All those artist are DUBSTEP. NERO is one of the most popular dub-artist that has been around for a long time. If you think they're all "Brostep" then go check into a insane asylum.

They all are capable of producing dubstep, I don't doubt their capability. However, most of them don't these days as far as I know.

Also as far as I know almost all of them still are in the Dubstep Genre and not of "Brostep" and still are around and doing shows and such. Because Paper Diamond, NERO, Bassnectar, Zedd, Zedds Dead, Scream and Benga are going to be playing at this years Lollapalooza In Chicago, IL. and I know flux pavillion and Doctor P played at Coachella like 2 weeks ago, and Excision played on 4/20 in Chicago and Boregore played in Chicago about a month ago or so.

Friendly Fatcat

Ill post something hopefully enjoy able.

I am excited to go see Bassnectar, Nero, Zedd, Skream and Benga, Zedds Dead, and Big Gigantic at this years Lollapalooza.

ANY ONE ELSE GOING? smile
xescapexmexjenn
PsyCraft
xescapexmexjenn
Erm. News flash. All those artist are DUBSTEP. NERO is one of the most popular dub-artist that has been around for a long time. If you think they're all "Brostep" then go check into a insane asylum.

They all are capable of producing dubstep, I don't doubt their capability. However, most of them don't these days as far as I know.

Also as far as I know almost all of them still are in the Dubstep Genre and not of "Brostep" and still are around and doing shows and such. Because Paper Diamond, NERO, Bassnectar, Zedd, Zedds Dead, Scream and Benga are going to be playing at this years Lollapalooza In Chicago, IL. and I know flux pavillion and Doctor P played at Coachella like 2 weeks ago, and Excision played on 4/20 in Chicago and Boregore played in Chicago about a month ago or so.
You seem to not know what dubstep actually is. Those artists have much in common and a few have produced good dubstep (Benga and Caspa for sure), but then the boogie man came and made it retarded. Things got noisy and migrated to midrange bass. This was much before Skrillex and his following came along.

This is dubstep...

Yes, he actually can produce dubstep.

Friendly Fatcat

PsyCraft
xescapexmexjenn
PsyCraft
xescapexmexjenn

You seem to not know what dubstep actually is. Those artists have much in common and a few have produced good dubstep (Benga and Caspa for sure), but then the boogie man came and made it retarded. Things got noisy and migrated to midrange bass. This was much before Skrillex and his following came along.

This is dubstep...

Yes, he actually can produce dubstep.

I am aware Rusko can be dubstep. I mean my good friends saw him throw down on NYE. And maybe we both have different perceptions on what Dubstep truly is. But. To Itunes, those artists are dubstep. (:
xescapexmexjenn
I am aware Rusko can be dubstep. I mean my good friends saw him throw down on NYE. And maybe we both have different perceptions on what Dubstep truly is. But. To Itunes, those artists are dubstep. (:

Can you fault a person for wanting to share the roots? ninja

Tipsy Smoker

8,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
xescapexmexjenn
Ill post something hopefully enjoy able.

I am excited to go see Bassnectar, Nero, Zedd, Skream and Benga, Zedds Dead, and Big Gigantic at this years Lollapalooza.

ANY ONE ELSE GOING? smile
I just saw zeds dead two nights ago. and I'm gonna see most of the ones you have listed there at EDC this year biggrin
PsyCraft
only asked two questions, mate.

Mmmm perhaps you're better... but the amount of assholery about music on gaia and other forums and in RL just gets me in a rage of rages.

I just am like dude, people like different crap. Always has always will be.

If I unloaded the orbital rage canon on you and you're reasonable about music, apologies

but if you're one of those elitist asshats, you're just as bad as the people you scorn.
SirGothCalifornian
Mmmm perhaps you're better... but the amount of assholery about music on gaia and other forums and in RL just gets me in a rage of rages.

If I unloaded the orbital rage canon on you and you're reasonable about music, apologies

but if you're one of those elitist asshats, you're just as bad as the people you scorn.

I used to be elitist about it. But there's little point to it and it's not my intention to get anyone truly angry about such vain things. A discussion is all that matters to me.

I do still get a little annoyed from time to time by the ignorance; so perhaps a little bit of the elitist is still in me. sweatdrop
PsyCraft
SirGothCalifornian

I used to be elitist about it. But there's little point to it and it's not my intention to get anyone truly angry about such vain things. A discussion is all that matters to me.

I do still get a little annoyed from time to time by the ignorance; so perhaps a little bit of the elitist is still in me. sweatdrop

I completely understand I'm a fan of so many different types of music, fashion, cuisine, entertainment...gah everything that I sometimes see myself playing the hipster/elite card but I realize that a lot of the time I'm on both teams as it were so that affords me the opportunity to say to myself "Hey, you're being douchey like those guys who hated on you for seeing Skrillex, or like those "dubstep" fans who said it's stupid listening to EDM while not rolling"

Humans and are silly little tribalism huh? It's like our team has to win even in a subjective matter

But people will like what they like... thats what I learned esp in music (seems music is just so visceral) and there is really no way to prove who wins that game.

Anyway dude, where do you want to see dubstep go then? if not the brostep route
My next show might be Infected Mushroom the 12th now while not exactly dubstep they have been delving with their new CD into dubstep and electro territory.
It's really interesting, give it a listen.
Some people are decrying it and others are embracing it. Me I'm unsure, it's very far from where they have been.

It's a small venue too, like a little club so I'm happy about that. My old bones aint what they used to be for massive lol

Super Gekko

The vocals in this are excellent.

Invisible Regular

If you guys haven't heard this already check it out, it's pretty sick if you're into gritty but chilled dubs:

SirGothCalifornian
I completely understand I'm a fan of so many different types of music, fashion, cuisine, entertainment...gah everything that I sometimes see myself playing the hipster/elite card but I realize that a lot of the time I'm on both teams as it were so that affords me the opportunity to say to myself "Hey, you're being douchey like those guys who hated on you for seeing Skrillex, or like those "dubstep" fans who said it's stupid listening to EDM while not rolling"

Humans and are silly little tribalism huh? It's like our team has to win even in a subjective matter

But people will like what they like... thats what I learned esp in music (seems music is just so visceral) and there is really no way to prove who wins that game.

I don't know where I want it to go. I know a lot of ways in which I don't want it go. I don't want it to go the way brostep did by just being loud for loudness sake.

At the same time I don't want it to go anywhere. Tunes like below make dubstep for what it is. Something to be enjoyed, not to necessarily rave to like an idiot. It's already diverse enough as it is, it's gotten to a point, I think, where any more changes that come will just make it into an entirely different genre.

O.G. Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hi All~
I am actually new to dubstep and wanted to find out more and promptly stumbled on this thread. So anyone want to give me some interesting music to listen too? XP
PsyCraft
SirGothCalifornian

I don't know where I want it to go. I know a lot of ways in which I don't want it go. I don't want it to go the way brostep did by just being loud for loudness sake.

At the same time I don't want it to go anywhere. Tunes like below make dubstep for what it is. Something to be enjoyed, not to necessarily rave to like an idiot. It's already diverse enough as it is, it's gotten to a point, I think, where any more changes that come will just make it into an entirely different genre.

Coming from hard rock, classic jungle and even classic dub can be too mellow for me sometimes... I prefer a more robust sound.
Tho some days listening in the car to softer beats or even trance can be nice.
Overly pop-y or happy stuff doesn't hit my ear right too

But it all depends on context, I prefer more electronic sounds Dubstep with wobble/electrohouse/D&B with more tech/rock elements and gabber or hardcore techno, the mean cousin of happy hardcore
Also hardstyle
and randomly a soft spot for Goa... that's my chillout tunes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas