Yes 0.25 25.0% [ 1 ]
No 0.25 25.0% [ 1 ]
Maybe 0.5 50.0% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

Lonely Noob

Welcome to the Official Brostep Thread

DUBSTEP/BROSTEP IS DYING!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

CHECK OUT THE DUBSTEP THREAD!

RULES
Don't troll please
Don't please the trolls please
No one is responsible for the death of your speakers,headphones,earphones,etc.
If needed bring extra pairs of pants,socks,underwear,etc.
Post any tracks considered to be Brostep

What is Brostep?

Brostep is a relatively new sub-genre of music (born out of Dubstep) with an emphasis on a mid-range bass sound with mutating LFO speed.
They sound like songs that use alot of mid-range and sound like ''Transformers'' sometimes

GREAT EXAMPLE OF IT

Such tracks may sound like:

PLEASE DO NOT POST SKRILLEX
If you like Skrillex please post here

Brostep as said from Wikipedia

Quote:

In 2011, Dubstep gained significant traction in the US market by way of a post-dubstep style known as 'brostep' with the American producer Skrillex becoming something of a figurehead for the scene. In September 2011 a Spin Magazine EDM special referred to brostep as a "lurching and aggressive" variant of dubstep that has proved commercially successful in the United States.Unlike traditional dubstep production styles, that emphasize sub-bass content, brostep accentuates the middle register and features "robotic fluctuations and metal-esque aggression." According to Simon Reynolds, as dubstep gained larger audiences and moved from smaller club based venues to larger outdoor events, sub-sonic content was gradually replaced by distorted bass riffs that function roughly in the same register as the electric guitar in heavy metal.[109]
The term brostep has been used by some as a pejorative descriptor for a style of popular Americanised dubstep. Dubstep purists have leveled criticisms at brostep because of its preoccupation with "hard" and aggressive sounding timbres. In the UK brostep has been jokingly called "bruvstep" and "mid-range cack". US producers often drew inspiration from British producers who tended to work less with sub-bass and more with mid-range sounds such as Caspa, Rusko, and Vexd. Rusko commented in an interview on BBC's 1Xtra radio show that "brostep is sort of my fault, but now I've started to hate it in a way...It's like someone screaming in your face for an hour...you don't want that." Skream has commented "I think it hurts a lot of people over here because it's a UK sound, but it's been someone with influences outside the original sound that has made it a lot bigger. The bad side of that is that a lot of people will just say 'dubstep equals Skrillex'. But in all honesty it genuinely doesn't bother me. I like the music he makes."
Other North American artists working more with midrange frequencies rather than bass are Canadian producers Datsik and Excision, whose approach has been described by Mixmag as "a viciously harsh, yet brilliantly produced sound that appealed more to Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails fans than it did to lovers of UK garage," along with 12th Planet and Bassnectar, who are acknowledged as early pioneers of the subgenre.

Have fun and please respect other people

Also check out the Dubstep Thread If you would like to

Click Me <-<

Tipsy Explorer

6,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
xxxOHackOxxx

You should make it official

Lonely Noob

Dubstep Kid
xxxOHackOxxx
This isn't Dubstep
This is Brostep
Post your favorite Brostep here

How Do I Do that
xxxOHackOxxx

How Do I Do that

Have the first post describe what Brostep is, where it started, stuff like that.
Technically only mods can declare threads official.

I sure hope they do for this one though so I don't have to see this s**t in the dubstep thread ANY MO'.
WITH THE POWER OF ACENESS INVESTED IN ME, I HEREBY DECLARE THIS THREAD.....OFFICIAL!
THUNDERCATS......HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Tipsy Explorer

6,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
xxxOHackOxxx
Dubstep Kid
xxxOHackOxxx
This isn't Dubstep
This is Brostep
Post your favorite Brostep here

How Do I Do that

I dont know for sure but you might want a more official intro post with facts, rules, guidlines, examples, ect. And if its a quality thread the admins will approve of it and add it somewhere to make it official..
Tuonetar

I sure hope they do for this one though so I don't have to see this s**t in the dubstep thread ANY MO'.

I thought you loves Flux? 4laugh rofl

Tipsy Explorer

6,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
And once its approved by admin rename it "The Official Brostep Thread"

Let me get this b***h started mrgreen

Dubstep Kid

STEP UP YOUR DUB, MAN!

Lonely Noob

Ace the Masturbator
Dubstep Kid

STEP UP YOU DUB, MAN!

-Says he hates this song-
-Posts it again anyways-
xxxOHackOxxx
Ace the Masturbator
Dubstep Kid

STEP UP YOU DUB, MAN!

-Says he hates this song-
-Posts it again anyways-

I'm just posting it because it's the Brostep thread.
I still hate it. Doctor P is ******** garbage. 4laugh
Ace the Masturbator
Tuonetar

Not as much as you love Skrillex. emotion_awesome
Tuonetar
Ace the Masturbator
Tuonetar

Not as much as you love Skrillex. emotion_awesome

Lulz.
Have you ever seen this?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's just...sad.

Lonely Noob

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas