• Hygienic 200

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
CharlieTehRubberDucky
Contrapasso

I don't mean to be a hater, but I absolutely cannot stand Sunn O)))
Every time I Anthony Fantano wearing that shirt, I want to punch my monitor.

You watch The Needle Drop as well?

Yep! Not terribly often, but I'm subscribed to him on youtube. I really want him to review Belong's Common Era, but eh. If he doesn't, oh well.

I really want more shoegaze. I've been meaning to look up some Elite Gymnastics albums.

Super Gekko

Contrapasso
CharlieTehRubberDucky
Contrapasso

I don't mean to be a hater, but I absolutely cannot stand Sunn O)))
Every time I Anthony Fantano wearing that shirt, I want to punch my monitor.

Yep! Not terribly often, but I'm subscribed to him on youtube. I really want him to review Belong's Common Era, but eh. If he doesn't, oh well.

I really want more shoegaze. I've been meaning to look up some Elite Gymnastics albums.

I know what you mean, I often skip over his videos when I see them, but he does a good job of mixing up genres and artists. He got really stuck on Soap&Skin, though, who I really wasn't fond of.

He should definitely review Belong. I don't know a lot about them, but the little I have heard has been really interesting and unique.

Shoegaze is so pretty when it's done like that., although I can't listen to it for long.

Greedy Capitalist

CharlieTehRubberDucky

The Needle Drop(Anthony Fantano) is an asswipe.
"Rustie is so one-Dimensional"
"I love Animal Collective"
"Machinedrum is Entry-level"
"I'm a hipster"
******** him. Sun O))) are easily the best Drone Metal band. Hands down.

Super Gekko

Ace the Suicidal Tool
CharlieTehRubberDucky

The Needle Drop(Anthony Fantano) is an asswipe.
"Rustie is so one-Dimensional"
"I love Animal Collective"
"Machinedrum is Entry-level"
"I'm a hipster"
******** him. Sun O))) are easily the best Drone Metal band. Hands down.

Eh, I don't think so.
He maybe comes across pretentious sometimes, but everybody who reviews something will eventually.
Animal Collective is right up his alley, so I can understand why he likes them so much. It's got electronic influences, but it's still 'rock.'
I'm not really a big Rustie or Sun O))) fan. I gave Rustie a try a month or so ago and just wasn't so impressed. Surph was really the only track that stuck out for me.
Sun O))) I really don't like, though. I'm pretty sure he quite likes them, seeing as how he has a t-shirt with their name on it.

Greedy Capitalist

CharlieTehRubberDucky

Eh, I don't think so.
He maybe comes across pretentious sometimes, but everybody who reviews something will eventually.
Animal Collective is right up his alley, so I can understand why he likes them so much. It's got electronic influences, but it's still 'rock.'
I'm not really a big Rustie or Sun O))) fan. I gave Rustie a try a month or so ago and just wasn't so impressed. Surph was really the only track that stuck out for me.
Sun O))) I really don't like, though. I'm pretty sure he quite likes them, seeing as how he has a t-shirt with their name on it.

He seems facetious whenever he talks 'bout Sunn O))).
Their work with Merzbow is just sooooooooooo gooooooooood. It's like, Drone-y Noise. It sounds brilliant.
But I guess they aren't for everyone.
But he takes the music too literally. Take Rustie for example. Yes, he is one-dimensional, but that's stupid to say when it comes to EDM, considering that most producers don't branch out. But, Rustie is good at what he does. He is quite skilled at his craft, and he is probably the best Wonky producer that I know of(aside from Zomby).
I truly think he's a hipster, and I have a hard time watching his videos. The only reviews that he gave that I was satisfied with was Machinedrum and Lil B.
His ability to express his opinions always come off as a scrape-off of any other chat bubble of a person chomping on vegan salad, with their toms and blue ribbon beer.

Super Gekko

Ace the Suicidal Tool
CharlieTehRubberDucky

Eh, I don't think so.

He seems facetious whenever he talks 'bout Sunn O))).
Their work with Merzbow is just sooooooooooo gooooooooood. It's like, Drone-y Noise. It sounds brilliant.
But I guess they aren't for everyone.
But he takes the music too literally. Take Rustie for example. Yes, he is one-dimensional, but that's stupid to say when it comes to EDM, considering that most producers don't branch out. But, Rustie is good at what he does. He is quite skilled at his craft, and he is probably the best Wonky producer that I know of(aside from Zomby).
I truly think he's a hipster, and I have a hard time watching his videos. The only reviews that he gave that I was satisfied with was Machinedrum and Lil B.
His ability to express his opinions always come off as a scrape-off of any other chat bubble of a person chomping on vegan salad, with their toms and blue ribbon beer.

Never watched the Sun O))) review, just assumed he liked them.
I don't know that I've heard any of their Merzbow collaborations. I just... drone metal really doesn't interest me, because it's by definition, low and heavy and sloooooow. I don't mind things that are low, heavy, or slow, but I need something for interest, aand I just don't get that from Sun O))). But whatever, I know there are hordes of people who adore them.
Rustie's good at what he does, for sure. But for me, it seems like there's something missing when I listen to him. I have no clue what it is, because it's well done, it's smooth, it's nice, it should be something I like, but it isn't. Maybe he feels the same, and that's what he meant by one-dimensional, I really don't know.
He's a bit of hipster. Just a bit. lol
I think most of us on the forum have been labeled hipster at least once though. Anyone who has an opinion about something that isn't in center stage probably has.

Greedy Capitalist

CharlieTehRubberDucky

I don't know that I've heard any of their Merzbow collaborations. I just... drone metal really doesn't interest me, because it's by definition, low and heavy and sloooooow. I don't mind things that are low, heavy, or slow, but I need something for interest, aand I just don't get that from Sun O))). But whatever, I know there are hordes of people who adore them.
Rustie's good at what he does, for sure. But for me, it seems like there's something missing when I listen to him. I have no clue what it is, because it's well done, it's smooth, it's nice, it should be something I like, but it isn't. Maybe he feels the same, and that's what he meant by one-dimensional, I really don't know.
I think most of us on the forum have been labeled hipster at least once though. Anyone who has an opinion about something that isn't in center stage probably has.

Yeah, so it's kind of contradictory for me so talk 'bout him like that.
Eh, Rustie is lacking for me these days. I do not know why, though.

Super Gekko

Ace the Suicidal Tool
CharlieTehRubberDucky

Yeah, so it's kind of contradictory for me so talk 'bout him like that.
Eh, Rustie is lacking for me these days. I do not know why, though.

Maybe you just need to take a break from listening to him for awhile? Sometimes even your favorite artists can get a little old after awhile.

Greedy Capitalist

CharlieTehRubberDucky

Maybe you just need to take a break from listening to him for awhile? Sometimes even your favorite artists can get a little old after awhile.

That might be it.
But at any rate, I've really been getting into this guy, Cooh. His beats=woooooooooooooooooooow.

Super Gekko

Ace the Suicidal Tool
CharlieTehRubberDucky

That might be it.
But at any rate, I've really been getting into this guy, Cooh. His beats=woooooooooooooooooooow.

Not ambient or atmospheric, but good anyway. Cooh sounds familiar, can't place it though.Maybe I've just been doing too much chem homework. (Some acids end in -COOH if you didn't remember.)

This is very relaxing.

Greedy Capitalist

CharlieTehRubberDucky

Not ambient or atmospheric, but good anyway. Cooh sounds familiar, can't place it though.Maybe I've just been doing too much chem homework. (Some acids end in -COOH if you didn't remember.)

This is very relaxing.

(oh right this s a thread for atmospheric music whoops)
And wow! I loved that song. So top-notch.
Anyway, I shall redeem myself with an atmospheric tune.

Super Gekko

Ace the Suicidal Tool
CharlieTehRubberDucky

This is very relaxing.

(oh right this s a thread for atmospheric music whoops)
And wow! I loved that song. So top-notch.
Anyway, I shall redeem myself with an atmospheric tune.

I've done the same thing. I just forget to look at the title and start spewing off topic crap.
Yeah, it's a nice mix.

Ooh, very nice. They sound cool.

Greedy Capitalist

CharlieTehRubberDucky

I've done the same thing. I just forget to look at the title and start spewing off topic crap.
Yeah, it's a nice mix.

Ooh, very nice. They sound cool.

That happens to me all the time. sweatdrop
But yeah, Party Trash are pretty cool. They mostly make Witch House, but they went outside the box with that Drone-ish Ambient song. It sounds interesting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff