Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INTRODUCTION

"Shut your f@#king mouth when I'm dropping bass" - Sonny Moore

Welcome to the...
OFFICIAL SKRILLEX THREAD!

My name is Danny and I decided in order to show my support and dedication to Sonny Moore I would make this thread and hopefully spread his popularity. Of course its only a dream, but I felt the need!
Come join others in talk about anything and everything Skrillex!

RULES

1- Follow the Gaia ToS
2- Everyone is entitled to an opinion
3- Stay on topic!
4- Keep profanity to a minimum
5- Keep it PG
6- Don't just bump, try to initiate a conversation about something or join in on one!
ABOUT

Wikipedia
User Image
Born January 15, 1988 (age 23)

Origin: Los Angeles, California, USA

Genres: Dubstep, breakbeat, electro house, fidget, Drum and Bass

Occupations: Musician, DJ

Years active: 2002-present

Labels: Atlantic, Sony BMG, Mau5trap

Wikipedia

User Image
Sonny Moore, professionally known as Skrillex, is an American electro house, fidget house, Breakbeat and dubstep musician from Los Angeles, California, well known for his role as the former frontman for the post-hardcore band From First to Last. In late fall of 2007 he embarked on his first tour as a solo artist, the Team Sleep Tour with Team Sleep, Strata, and Monster in the Machine. After recruiting a new band lineup, Moore toured North America on the Alternative Press Tour, supporting bands such as All Time Low and The Rocket Summer, and appeared on the cover of Alternative Press annual 100 Bands You Need to Know issue. In June 2008, Moore went into recording for his debut album, titled Bells, alongside producer Noah Shain. He recently released the Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites EP as a co-release between mau5trap and Big Beat record labels, and runs an imprint label called Owsla, named after an organization in the book Watership Down

In 2008, Moore began producing and performing under the alias Skrillex at clubs in the Los Angeles area. On June 7, 2010, Moore released his official Skrillex debut EP, My Name is Skrillex as a free download.
In the summer of 2010, Moore provided programming and vocals for UK metalcore band Bring Me the Horizon on their third studio album There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret. Later in the year, Sonny began a nationwide tour with Deadmau5 after being signed to mau5trap recordings and released his second EP, Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.
Moore kicked off the "Project Blue Book Tour" in 2011 with support from Porter Robinson, Tommy Lee & DJ Aero as well as appearances from Sofia Toufa for a new song titled "Bring out the Devil." Skrillex unveiled several new songs on this tour including "Equinox", "Reptile", and "Cinema" (remix of a Benny Benassi track)." "Reptile" was featured in the TV commercial for Mortal Kombat 9.
Currently, a CGI music video is in the works for the title track, and Moore has begun to talk about an upcoming full length. Skrillex also was the party DJ for the 2011 Woodie Awards.

In April 2011, Spin Magazine premiered an exclusive new track from Korn that Skrillex helped produce. Korn made this track, titled "Get Up," available for free download via their Facebook page. On April 15, 2011 KoRn joined Skrillex on stage for his set at Coachella 2011.
On April 18, 2011, SCEA video game development studio Naughty Dog released a trailer for the multiplayer component of their upcoming Playstation 3 game, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception featuring a new edit of "Kill Everybody" from Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.

On April 28, 2011, Skrillex posted to his Facebook page about the new album and laptops being stolen, writing:
"Just gonna set it strait. I had 2 laptops and both of my hard drives stolen out of my hotel in Milan Italy last month. On those laptops and drives were all the project files of Skrillex. All gone now. Also I had a new album that is now gone too. I spent a week pulling my hair out but now im just focussing on the future and re making my album."
User Image
NEWS
~~12/04/2011 - Thread was created~~

ABOUT THE OWNER

Well lets put it this way, I love Skrillex!

My name is Daniel and I am a Music Technician / DJ doing small time gigs here in Ontario, Canada. My goal is to live a life full of great beats and music. Simple right? Baha, harder than you think. It takes a hell of a lot of effort to get good at DJ'ing, one day I wish to at least be semi-popular lol.

User Image
SKRILLEX
Skrillex Website
Skrillex on Facebook~
Skrillex on Twitter~
Skrillex on MySpace~

BANNERS

.GIF'S
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Reserved!

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
She's open folks :'P

So...who's seen him live?
I've never seen him live, but he's been here before!
Too bad it was at a club and I'm not old enough to go! :C
lol he looks like such a p***y punk b***h

6,200 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
OH GOD SKRILLEX IS THE BEST

Lol

Everything about his music is just ... too much to describe in words
Thanks for making an official thread! PM Scarbi so she can add this thread to the list of official threads.
Sugar Pansy
I really wanna see him D':
aznpiano

I agree whee
Layra-chan

Just did :'P

Newbie Noob

Added to the Rules & Guidelines. heart
Scarbi

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit