Welcome to Gaia! ::

I would like to appologize if someone has posted this before, but this was just burning my a** (Just read it a few minutes ago).

Quote:
Slideshow began a decade ago as impromptu street parties faturing stunt driving. About two years ago, it took an ominous turn, with crashes, beatings, fatal shootings, and a rave like lunacy fuled by the psychedelic stimulant Ecstacy

First off... From DanceSafe.org
Quote:
Ecstasy is MDMA, or 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine. It belongs to a family of drugs called "entactogens," which literally means "touching within."

and
Quote:
MDMA is a "mood elevator" that produces a relaxed, euphoric state. It does not produce hallucinations.

Doesnt that just go completely against the fact that its a psychedelic type drug? I would imagine so.

What really bothered me was that raves and ravers get put in the same context of beatings and shootings. Seriously, is our culture really that bad and out of hand that we must just be shot down at random becuase some a*****e wants to make us look bad? If the permits were easier to obtain, Im sure that there would be more legal raves, and that police busts wouldnt happen as often (I kinda go to some of those weird raves where you have to go to checkpoints to get directions >.< wink .

Honestly, what do you guys have to say about this section of the artical?

The Committee Staff Member

Well as long as it has nothing to do with banning electronic music, I don't see a problem.
Its not, its just the bad wrap for the scene...
...O...Kay?

Assimilated Borg

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Rave permits were always hard to come by here, but after the news took an undercover camera into an afterhours club, and showed an ecstasy deal, some events get shut down before they even start.

meh.
Kage No Oni

Maybe, when kids decide drugs arent cool anymore in your 'rave' scene, there won't be such a stigma attached to it.
lets face it, people like drugs. they make you stupid and ignorant, and to be completly ignorant is a great way to releive stress.

... i just forgot what my point was...

anyway... .. uh... get them domos!!!

domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun

Dangerous Conversationalist

pockybot
Kage No Oni

Maybe, when kids decide drugs arent cool anymore in your 'rave' scene, there won't be such a stigma attached to it.

Prejudice, prejudice, prejudice.... tsk tsk tsk stressed
White Linen
pockybot
Kage No Oni

Prejudice, prejudice, prejudice.... tsk tsk tsk stressed

Yes, I am prejudiced against illegal narcotics. And?
That's your choice man, it's cool though. You're not flamin on anyone. So you're alright.
Since nobody touched his question: ’Doesn’t that just go completely against the fact that its a psychedelic type drug? I would imagine so. '

No, it does not. Hallucinations do not have to occur for a drug to be psychedelic. For a drug to be psychedelic, all it has to do is cause an extreme change in your conscious mind. That can be hallucinations or delusions. And yes, the mood changes that can be explained by intensification of awareness and sensory perception, thus changing your overall disposition for the duration. And even the drugs that do cause hallucinations, well, are greatly exaggerated by the people that take them. Hallucinations caused by shrooms for example are 80% auditory, 20% visual.

(Though it is fun to exaggerate what you felt on the shroom trip. Great pot circle recollections…)
ThiNinja8
That's your choice man, it's cool though. You're not flamin on anyone. So you're alright.

I'm just saying, havin grown up in the 80's...where "420" was a time of the day, and every video game in the arcade had a "winners don't use drugs"
message...it's sad to think that since then drugs have been seen in a more cavalier light. I don't think it's flaming anyone to tell people doing illegal narcotics, especially chemical ones; is utterly ******** retarded.
pockybot
ThiNinja8

I'm just saying, havin grown up in the 80's...where "420" was a time of the day, and every video game in the arcade had a "winners don't use drugs"
message...it's sad to think that since then drugs have been seen in a more cavalier light. I don't think it's flaming anyone to tell people doing illegal narcotics, especially chemical ones; is utterly ******** retarded.

I didn't even read the parts concerning that, but. Yeah. Don't trash on somebody if they want to tell you not to use designer drugs or any of that hard a** stupid p***y s**t. God. Au Natural, si vous plez.
I have a few things to say here:

Ecstasy is not a designer drug. Also, Pocky keeps referring to "narcotics", but that particular term refers to only a specific group of drugs - typically the pain-reducing opiates, a la heroin. The vast majority of drugs seen at raves are not narcotics. confused

That is all.
People should not speak of something they OBVIOUSLY know nothing about as if they did.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff