Welcome to Gaia! ::

xTransylvanianxConcubinex
Funkrise
Funkrise
Switchblade Symphony is Goth...or at least that's what I've viewed them as. Good band though.

There is such thing as Goth music.

Uh...I know that. That's what I just said. stare

That is not at all what you said.

My bolded print says you're wrong. And what I said next goes for how they would be categorized...I know people who would be like "NO! They're Industrial!" And that's how they view them. I personally see them as a Goth band (because they are) and that is what I said. I am also aware that Goth music is a genre because I happen to listen to it.

Sorry I didn't realise I made a typo.

That should say.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GOTH MUSIC.
That would make more sense then.

And actually there is...I don't know the whole logistics and origin thing, but the Goth music scene was influenced by bands such as Joy Division (whom I mistakenly posted in here without even thinking, I feel incredibly dumb for that...I blame it on listening to them at the time) and Siouxsie and the Banshees, who are called Goth but could have also been labelled as other types of music. The Bauhaus were pretty much one of the first or even the first band that can be only classified as Goth. Goth is a post-punk genre of music. I'm not good at explaining really....

Try this instead, they're much better at this than I am.
Goth Music 101
That would make more sense then.

And actually there is...I don't know the whole logistics and origin thing, but the Goth music scene was influenced by bands such as Joy Division (whom I mistakenly posted in here without even thinking, I feel incredibly dumb for that...I blame it on listening to them at the time) and Siouxsie and the Banshees, who are called Goth but could have also been labelled as other types of music. The Bauhaus were pretty much one of the first or even the first band that can be only classified as Goth. Goth is a post-punk genre of music. I'm not good at explaining really....

Try this instead, they're much better at this than I am.
Goth Music 101

I can sit around here and argue with you all day, but I don't know enough about the goth subculture to make a substantial arguement,

So I will call my friend camper who was listening to the radio show in the UK where the term GOTH was first used to describe the subculture.

His name is Phoboskitty on here. I hope you enjoy being bitchslapped with musical history.
I'm confused...I didn't attempt to start an argument. I was just saying that the Goth subculture is just as valid as any other one in existence and does exist...
I'm confused...I didn't attempt to start an argument. I was just saying that the Goth subculture is just as valid as any other one in existence and does exist...

You were saying goth is a genre of music.

Goth is NOT a genre of music. It is a subculture. Goth's listen to a multitude of different music. I know goths who listen to the postal service, goths who listen to Freq nasty and goths that listen to APC.

Goth is not a genre of music, it is a subculture.

Look if I replace goth with rave/r it still works.

Rave is not a genre of music. It is a subculture. Ravers listen to a multitude of different music. I know ravers who listen to the postal service, ravers who listen to freq nasty, and ravers that listen to APC.

Rave is not a genre of music, it is a subculture.

Look if I replace raver with Hippy/ies it still works.

Hippy is not a genre of music. It is a subculture. Hippies listen to a multitude of different music. I know hippies who listen to the postal service, hippies who listen to freq naster, and hippies that listen to APC.

Hippy is not a genre of music, it is a subculture.
What is so infuriating about believing in the existence of goth music?
:/ The Goth Music 101 link she provided seems to me as quite convincing.
La seule Marilou
What is so infuriating about believing in the existence of goth music?
:/ The Goth Music 101 link she provided seems to me as quite convincing.

Because it doesn't exist. God, what is so great about being an idiot that you can't stop?
Funkrise

Because it doesn't exist. God, what is so great about being an idiot that you can't stop?

> neutral ?
Well whatever goth is, music or subculture, it pretty much died out in 1994(trust me, I know!)
wOw guys please don't argue over whether goth is a music genre or a subculture. How 'bout we just end it with Pockybot's post?
Xanothese
wOw guys please don't argue over whether goth is a music genre or a subculture. How 'bout we just end it with Pockybot's post?

Well, like I said earlier, I don't see why this topic should be argued over. <:B
*looks at Forums name*
.....Goth? eek

NEW NEW NEW! YES NEW TITLE FOR THE E/I FORUM!! OFFICALLY NOW CALLED Electronica(which doesn't exist)/Industrial (Stomp-wha?)/Goth (I heart death) thread wooooo!!!!!*sarcasm*

Seriously, guys....ELECTRONIC MUSIC! *hiss* scream
Wuzzel
*looks at Forums name*
.....Goth? eek

NEW NEW NEW! YES NEW TITLE FOR THE E/I FORUM!! OFFICALLY NOW CALLED Electronica(which doesn't exist)/Industrial (Stomp-wha?)/Goth (I heart death) thread wooooo!!!!!*sarcasm*

heart
Wuzzel
*looks at Forums name*
.....Goth? eek

I didn't plan on having an argument made out of my comment crying

On a side note that is a fairly catchy name...I say we have it changed! xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out