Welcome to Gaia! ::

Contrapasso
oh look, more free music

http://www.entity.be/entity/releases/release40.htm

And it has a terribly trippy version of tetris to go along with the music!

This shall be in memory of Ace. crying crying crying crying crying

After seeing this "tutorial" I feel the need to post it, pretty cool seeing the process he used to make the song, as well as the samples before they got all edited.
i are awesome

After seeing this "tutorial" I feel the need to post it, pretty cool seeing the process he used to make the song, as well as the samples before they got all edited.

It's probably much harder than that.

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
gammer making idm?

oh wait...
Contrapasso
gammer making idm?

oh wait...

My bad. I meant to post a Rustie track. rofl
Such a sick track. Bumpin' in my speakers all night!
Alec Empire
i are awesome

It's probably much harder than that.

He said in the comments it took him about 2 weeks to make the track, editing the samples and putting them together along with his own s**t. This is just highlights from those two weeks of putting it together to show how it progressed from beginning to end.
i are awesome

He said in the comments it took him about 2 weeks to make the track, editing the samples and putting them together along with his own s**t. This is just highlights from those two weeks of putting it together to show how it progressed from beginning to end.

Oh, cool.
I've tried producing IDM. It's SOOOOOO hard. emo

Super Gekko

Greedy Capitalist

CharlieTehRubberDucky

IDM?

Close, but no. Modeselektor, SBTRKT, MSTRKRFT and guys like that come really close to sounding like IDM, but it's not yet there.
THIS is IDM.

If you're just FIRST starting to listen to IDM and Glitch, then some good recommendations would be Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Zomby, Joy O, Rustie, Oval, Kuedo, The Tuss, Kid606, Doormouse, Maladroit, Drop the Lime, and Machinedrum.
And also, remember that IDM is very diverse. It ranges from Breakcore to Ambient, essentially. There isn't an exact staple sound, as opposed to Dubstep or House.

Super Gekko

The Streetcleaner of Hate
CharlieTehRubberDucky

IDM?

Close, but no. Modeselektor, SBTRKT, MSTRKRFT and guys like that come really close to sounding like IDM, but it's not yet there.
THIS is IDM.

If you're just FIRST starting to listen to IDM and Glitch, then some good recommendations would be Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Zomby, Joy O, Rustie, Oval, Kuedo, The Tuss, Kid606, Doormouse, Maladroit, Drop the Lime, and Machinedrum.
And also, remember that IDM is very diverse. It ranges from Breakcore to Ambient, essentially. There isn't an exact staple sound, as opposed to Dubstep or House.

SO CLOSE AND YET SO FAR. crying

Well, I've heard all of those except Joy O, The Tuss and Maladroit, and I can't say there's an overwhelming list of similarities. I'll keep digging around though.

Greedy Capitalist

CharlieTehRubberDucky

Well, I've heard all of those except Joy O, The Tuss and Maladroit, and I can't say there's an overwhelming list of similarities. I'll keep digging around though.

Cool. You would dig Joy O. He produces some SICK IDM-ish Garage.
Maladroit is quite loud Breakcore. Brace yourself.
And The Tuss is a lot like Aphex Twin.

Super Gekko

The Streetcleaner of Hate
CharlieTehRubberDucky

Cool. You would dig Joy O. He produces some SICK IDM-ish Garage.
Maladroit is quite loud Breakcore. Brace yourself.
And The Tuss is a lot like Aphex Twin.

Yeah, he's cool. I'm listening to Wade In now, and I just realized I've heard Sicko Cell before. The name just didn't ring any bells I guess.
Oh geez. I'll try Maladriot and The Tuss later then.

Greedy Capitalist

CharlieTehRubberDucky

Yeah, he's cool. I'm listening to Wade In now, and I just realized I've heard Sicko Cell before. The name just didn't ring any bells I guess.
Oh geez. I'll try Maladriot and The Tuss later then.

Cool. Maladroit is not the kind of thing that you would listen to after Joy O. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff