Welcome to Gaia! ::

gallantswan
Evolsine
gallantswan

that synth or whatever bass thats goin over it is insane, what is it you are using for that?

3X0sc FL razz

ooooh, nothing fancy!!! i am really impressed

Its all about how you use the effects chains smile Complex CPU killing synths are for people who need to work within one vst to rout everything. I find that a lot of vst modules are better than build in ones razz

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Evolsine
gallantswan
Evolsine
gallantswan

that synth or whatever bass thats goin over it is insane, what is it you are using for that?

3X0sc FL razz

ooooh, nothing fancy!!! i am really impressed

Its all about how you use the effects chains smile Complex CPU killing synths are for people who need to work within one vst to rout everything. I find that a lot of vst modules are better than build in ones razz

i mostly fiddle about with FM8, Predator, Blue and Albino3. pretty sweet vsts, but they do kill your cpu, especially if you are running several different ones, each with their own individual sound, and running effects through them.

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
An Ounce And A Half Later
I have worked more on this.
The panning is a little much but i think its needed to bring out some stuff you cant hear when i was 1st making it.
I think the break could do a little more, like glitch it or something or stick a random retrigger on it at intervals to make it flow better. I have eq-ed it but not as much as i should.
Melodically I didnt do much, it does get a little monotone but it works in a way.
There are 3 synths im using.
The main pad which is Rob Papen albino3, bank; DnB Noisia Presets - Cryo Bleed. No effects.
A gating synth which is Rob Papen Blue. Preset; Dutch Sequence. Effects; DVS Neon Gate, DVS Reverb.
The last one is the bass after the build with the break, Native Instruments Massive. Preset; 3 Octave Sub. Effects; Ohmicide, DVS Reverb.

The break is called cw_amen_chopper. Effects; DVS Reverb, Fruity Parametric EQ 2.

The sample that plays rises up throughout the intro is a conga loop from a dubstep pack.
The effects that are automated are Ambience & dblue glitch v1.3.
It also has Fruity Parametric EQ 2, DVS Reverb and DVS Flanger.

The drums for the intro are 3 different bass drums, 2 that are panned, 1 not.
Same with the 3 snares.
There are 4 hats, the 2 1st hats are panned, 1 is 60% left, the other 60% right.
The other 2 hats are 100% in each direction. giving it a little more feel.
All the single hits have only 1 effect, Fruity Fast LP for the cut-off and resonance filter in.

As you can tell the Albino & Massive synths are panned. I created an automation clip for each.
Much like the volume levels of the effects of the conga loop.

Thats the inner workins of this track.
Swin Deorin
I just don't like the way the filter is set up on 3xOsc. I don't know why. I just find it very hard to use for some reason.
gallantswan
An Ounce And A Half Later
I have worked more on this.
The panning is a little much but i think its needed to bring out some stuff you cant hear when i was 1st making it.
I think the break could do a little more, like glitch it or something or stick a random retrigger on it at intervals to make it flow better. I have eq-ed it but not as much as i should.
Melodically I didnt do much, it does get a little monotone but it works in a way.
There are 3 synths im using.
The main pad which is Rob Papen albino3, bank; DnB Noisia Presets - Cryo Bleed. No effects.
A gating synth which is Rob Papen Blue. Preset; Dutch Sequence. Effects; DVS Neon Gate, DVS Reverb.
The last one is the bass after the build with the break, Native Instruments Massive. Preset; 3 Octave Sub. Effects; Ohmicide, DVS Reverb.

The break is called cw_amen_chopper. Effects; DVS Reverb, Fruity Parametric EQ 2.

The sample that plays rises up throughout the intro is a conga loop from a dubstep pack.
The effects that are automated are Ambience & dblue glitch v1.3.
It also has Fruity Parametric EQ 2, DVS Reverb and DVS Flanger.

The drums for the intro are 3 different bass drums, 2 that are panned, 1 not.
Same with the 3 snares.
There are 4 hats, the 2 1st hats are panned, 1 is 60% left, the other 60% right.
The other 2 hats are 100% in each direction. giving it a little more feel.
All the single hits have only 1 effect, Fruity Fast LP for the cut-off and resonance filter in.

As you can tell the Albino & Massive synths are panned. I created an automation clip for each.
Much like the volume levels of the effects of the conga loop.

Thats the inner workins of this track.
Swin Deorin

I'm not sure how I feel about the panned bass drums in intro. The one on the left (left?) channel sticks out a lot more than the other two so the track feels kind of unbalanced. Similarly there's one snare on the right that sticks out a lot. While I do like the whole panned drums idea, maybe you should try automating the panning for the drums as well, or simply not panning as much, so that they don't unbalance the track so much.
I think that you could probably use EQing instead of panning to bring things out, but that's up to personal aesthetics; I tend to think panning tends to sound a bit awkward if you spread too far out around the stereo field.
It does get a bit monotone, and to be honest I actually enjoyed the beginning the most. The drumming was nice and clear and you could hear everything, including the panning and the fact there was more than one instance of each instrument. I think the breakcore is a bit too much here, an unnecessary addition to a good ambient track.

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
yeah, it does stick out a little too much.
maybe i'll eq them a little more and bring it down a notch
and the panning was my idea as im not that good at eqing to be honest with you.
and the break is as you say, a personal aesthetic, i dont think it would have went anywhere without it.
although, lets be honest, it really didnt actually go anywhere interesting hehe.

Im still going to work on this song and bring things down, out, left and right till i am happy with it.
Thanks for the input as always biggrin
I'm not that great at EQ either, to tell the truth.

Based on my personal aesthetics, I'd suggest cutting out the breakcore and instead playing with the settings on your melodic synths; make slow sweeps with the filter cutoffs and the resonances, adding various effects as the track progresses. Maybe make slight changes to the melody and rhythm, shifting a note here, a note there.
Subtle changes that add up over the course of minutes.
I think it'll be more interesting than simply turning bits of drumming on and off.

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
right, i got you, instead of playing with the drums etc
do something more with the synths.
cool xd
thank you again
Comment on soundcloud added.

3,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
hey dont know if you remember my last post

ive slightly changed the prog house song i last posted

here it is
http://soundcloud.com/sweetwilly/faketansandfakesmiles2

i havnt changed much but hopefully it shows improvement

i plan to add vocals and some minor effects, any other advise from you experts?

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
SeriousWill
hey dont know if you remember my last post

ive slightly changed the prog house song i last posted

here it is
http://soundcloud.com/sweetwilly/faketansandfakesmiles2

i havnt changed much but hopefully it shows improvement

i plan to add vocals and some minor effects, any other advise from you experts?

It sounds better!

The main synth is drowning your snare. I like to use gentle sidechain (that is, not all the way to ducking) to preserve de snap of the snare.

That and/or EQ. Something that saves time is using the Vocoder to see what frequencies a sound fills. Just plug the audio to the carrier input, keep it as a vocoder and raise the bands to the maximum value; so when the sound gets in, you'll see the spectrum it creates.

Remember, it's a starting point, you need to actually hear it sounding good, not just be guided to what you see.

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Yo, dudes, tell how full of s**t I am dramallama

http://soundcloud.com/zegim/salio
Zegim
Yo, dudes, tell how full of s**t I am dramallama

http://soundcloud.com/zegim/salio

Beginning feels a little long, whole song feels too slow tempo?
Layra-chan
I just don't like the way the filter is set up on 3xOsc. I don't know why. I just find it very hard to use for some reason.

I use the filter cutoff ENV alot.

3,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Unfortunately, this isn't on my soundcloud (it was but I took it down lol oops). More speedcore, yay. Name of the track is Gomenasai, for some reason the dude that uploaded tagged it as my EP title first, then the track name. w/e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5p9XWOsEkQ

M-Project remastered it for a limited release compilation album that I'm featured on. Fucen sweet.
I'm also working on this.
http://soundcloud.com/asphyxzero/sines-short-edit

I need to lower the volume of the bass once the drums comes in, and probably put some crashes in there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff