Welcome to Gaia! ::

gallantswan

stop pigeon-holding people to what you want..

i always that the saying was pigeonhole

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
A B Up Start
gallantswan

that doesnt make any sense?

"60% of the time it works every time."
gallantswan
A B Up Start
gallantswan

Critique of track:
You need to EQ that clap. And the kick, why is it so noisy but yet so weak? Layer the kick and the clap maybe?
Where is this track going? You don't introduce new elements.
I like the atmosphere, but...the distorted kick isn't hard enough imho, and the same drum pattern is kind of boring.
The distorted synth bass is ok, needs filtering. The subbass is just out of genre. Sounds like a hip hop element you left and it just muddies everything up.

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
ok, eq the clap and kick
filter the bass-synth
take out the sub-bass
introduce something new to it and make it go somewhere, got it.

cheers biggrin

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
gallantswan
Evolsine
gallantswan
A B Up Start
gallantswan

Critique of track:
You need to EQ that clap. And the kick, why is it so noisy but yet so weak? Layer the kick and the clap maybe?
I like the atmosphere, but...the distorted kick isn't hard enough imho, and the same drum pattern is kind of boring.
The distorted synth bass is ok, needs filtering. The subbass is just out of genre. Sounds like a hip hop element you left and it just muddies everything up.

thanks! what would you do , other than eq-ing etc to make the track better?

Give it a direction. Sounds like a loop, then another loop, and then it's done.

It seriously needs better mixing, that's what stands out the most. Things sound loud and muddled and the overall sound is 'amateurish' to say it in a single word. I don't like the bass either, but that's personal taste dramallama

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Zegim
gallantswan
Evolsine
gallantswan
A B Up Start
gallantswan

Critique of track:

It seriously needs better mixing, that's what stands out the most. Things sound loud and muddled and the overall sound is 'amateurish' to say it in a single word. I don't like the bass either, but that's personal taste dramallama

it really was a bunch of loops i was happy with built up together to make a song.
i could do way better with it. i know it.
it was originally a mix of a harsh/hardcore/speedcore kick with a dubstep influence. (hence the bass)
thats why the sub is there really too.
gallantswan
Zegim
gallantswan
Evolsine
gallantswan

Critique of track:

it really was a bunch of loops i was happy with built up together to make a song.
i could do way better with it. i know it.
it was originally a mix of a harsh/hardcore/speedcore kick with a dubstep influence. (hence the bass)
thats why the sub is there really too.

Whether by accident or simply by lack of practice, the bass didn't sound like dubstep razz The sub bass is only useful if you control it better, as in kill the attack, decay, release and if you have to, export into an editor and cut off the trailing ends and most frequencies above the ones you want to accentuate.

I did a small "remix" of your beginning in audition, and just the slightest high passes, stereopanning, and flanger effects did a lot for it.

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
well im working on something just now. its ok. going to be alot of work, going to do alot of polishing on this one.

and what made the bass not sound dubstep?
i was going for a more Americanised bass, nothing like Datsik or what everyone is doing now.
just a little harsher and automating it.

i'll post another song up soon called "Irn Bru" (a famous Scottish soda/drink)
i put alot of work into it.

anyway talk soon
gallantswan
A B Up Start
gallantswan

sorry. couldnt let it rest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeonholing

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
A B Up Start
gallantswan
A B Up Start
gallantswan

sorry. couldnt let it rest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeonholing

oh right, i've been saying wrong for years lol

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
http://official.fm/track/152693

The Split

its finished

thoughts?

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
http://official.fm/track/182379

"Bong" the song i was really feverishly working on.
gallantswan

The beat reverb or the rhythm or placement after 3:20 makes me feel wrong. Like its off. Like you are mixing two kicks together imperfectly. The patttern at 5:27 is just cheesy. The hats have to get more filtering. The clap needs to be brought up in the mix. The synth needs something to spice it up too.

4,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
Evolsine
gallantswan

The beat reverb or the rhythm or placement after 3:20 makes me feel wrong. Like its off. Like you are mixing two kicks together imperfectly. The patttern at 5:27 is just cheesy. The hats have to get more filtering. The clap needs to be brought up in the mix. The synth needs something to spice it up too.

firstly, i made the beat like that. that was the idea.. "Bong".. think of what a bong is and what you do with it... lol... you see what i mean.
to make you feel a little off..
what pattern are you talking about? it is repeated throughout upto that point, in all sences that is more a midpoint of the track.
they have been filtered, i wanted them to stand out a bit more rather than the clap hence why the clap isnt up in the mix.
what would you say would work for the synth? and what one? the main gated one or the bass one? or the melody?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff