Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Introspective - BreakBandiT
chill as ******** but i think it's too bare...
Made this a while ago and never really played it for anyone, just testing out some new breaks really. Havent had much time.

I was trying to make a repeater style roller... thing.

GlassBox - Falling

No bassline, aside from that intro bit i whipped up, just breaks. I tried something new this time and I think it worked out pretty good. First I mashed two different breaks together, eqed and cut them into a sort of funky rolling thing. Bounced it out as mono and loaded it back in. Then started chopping some more, breaks sound nice and crisp on my end.

Anyway, Evolsine! Bounce out that remix and let me twiddle knobs!
GlassBox
Made this a while ago and never really played it for anyone, just testing out some new breaks really. Havent had much time.

GlassBox - Falling

No bassline, aside from that intro bit i whipped up, just breaks. I tried something new this time and I think it worked out pretty good. First I mashed two different breaks together, eqed and cut them into a sort of funky thing rolling thing. Bounced it out as mono and loaded it back in. Then started chopping some more, breaks sound nice and crisp on my end.

I wanna but I am getting hard for a set of actual cheap monitors soon. It'll be one of the first tracks I re-levellll. But if not I'll post the final draft.
The Captain of Crunch

hrm...

Theres one note in that plucky synth guitar line that sounds off. Comes in too low i think.
Bass is a little loud and its drowning out the rest of the track. Sidechain, and eq a bit.
Regarding that guitar synth thing, sounds a little flat, try some reverb/echo effects.

I like it though, sort of morose vibe if you want to get all artsy fartsy. I like the accent on the snare.
Evolsine
GlassBox

GlassBox - Falling

No bassline, aside from that intro bit i whipped up, just breaks. I tried something new this time and I think it worked out pretty good. First I mashed two different breaks together, eqed and cut them into a sort of funky thing rolling thing. Bounced it out as mono and loaded it back in. Then started chopping some more, breaks sound nice and crisp on my end.

I wanna but I am getting hard for a set of actual cheap monitors soon. It'll be one of the first tracks I re-levellll. But if not I'll post the final draft.

Right on, what are you getting?
GlassBox
Evolsine
GlassBox

GlassBox - Falling

Not a bloody clue. In the middle of finding a new place to live so it'll throttle how much I can throw at the issue. Atm I DON'T EVEN have monitors. Just headphones and amped speakers (Klipsche).
Evolsine
GlassBox
Evolsine
GlassBox

GlassBox - Falling

Not a bloody clue. In the middle of finding a new place to live so it'll throttle how much I can throw at the issue. Atm I DON'T EVEN have monitors. Just headphones and amped speakers (Klipsche).

I feel your pain. I just bought monitors before I moved into my (sort of) inlaws to save money for a house. Takes apprx 11 minutes before someone tells me to turn them off.

I invested in some decent headphones as a result though :
GlassBox

GlassBox - Falling

No bassline, aside from that intro bit i whipped up, just breaks. I tried something new this time and I think it worked out pretty good. First I mashed two different breaks together, eqed and cut them into a sort of funky rolling thing. Bounced it out as mono and loaded it back in. Then started chopping some more, breaks sound nice and crisp on my end.

Ive only listened to this on my iphone speakers but since you said you did not add a bassline i guess it isnt as bad that i listen to your song on these crappy speakers. but from what i can tell, Good break! Should mix up the rhythms though, make it offbeat and tense and all tiiiight as ******** because those are where the best breaks come from. wink
Mr Knoxx
GlassBox

GlassBox - Falling

Ive only listened to this on my iphone speakers but since you said you did not add a bassline i guess it isnt as bad that i listen to your song on these crappy speakers. but from what i can tell, Good break! Should mix up the rhythms though, make it offbeat and tense and all tiiiight as ******** because those are where the best breaks come from. wink

The drumline will increase in tempo every 16 bars with this one, then drop out into a bridge for 32, and drop back in full tilt. For ultra madness 3nodding

thats the plan anyway. I'll resist the urge to add an amen... maybe.

thanks for checking it out smile
GlassBox
Mr Knoxx
GlassBox

GlassBox - Falling

The drumline will increase in tempo every 16 bars with this one, then drop out into a bridge for 32, and drop back in full tilt. For ultra madness 3nodding

thats the plan anyway. I'll resist the urge to add an amen... maybe.

thanks for checking it out smile

Any time. Don't add an amen, make your own signature break up!
GlassBox
Evolsine
GlassBox
Evolsine
GlassBox

GlassBox - Falling

I feel your pain. I just bought monitors before I moved into my (sort of) inlaws to save money for a house. Takes apprx 11 minutes before someone tells me to turn them off.

I invested in some decent headphones as a result though :

For your troubles in bothering me, have a track I began 1.5hrs ago. I'll likely never finish it but yea...here ya go! ******** my speakers. They're totally useless....STOP BEING SO UNIDIRECTIONAL.

Track: https://soundcloud.com/evolsine/finding-the-notary

OH GOD SOMETHING HAS HORRIBLY COMPRESSED THIS TUNE. DL FOR BETTER SOUND

EDIT: I blame Fl studio for this failure. Shrug.
GlassBox
The Captain of Crunch

hrm...

Theres one note in that plucky synth guitar line that sounds off. Comes in too low i think.
Bass is a little loud and its drowning out the rest of the track. Sidechain, and eq a bit.
Regarding that guitar synth thing, sounds a little flat, try some reverb/echo effects.

I like it though, sort of morose vibe if you want to get all artsy fartsy. I like the accent on the snare.

I kind of hated the sharp clap/clav accent on the snare. But the bass does drown a lot of s**t out. Feels drunk. I felt drunk anyways.

Dapper Dabbler

Evolsine
GlassBox
The Captain of Crunch

hrm...

I kind of hated the sharp clap/clav accent on the snare. But the bass does drown a lot of s**t out. Feels drunk. I felt drunk anyways.
it was really inspired by Mala and XXYYXX and they love to play with that s**t, plus i really wanted more of a "snap" than a clap or snare. the bass is pretty loud and i apologize, i had it cranked while i was fine-tuning it and forgot to turn it back down User Image

Wheezing Sex Symbol

Electro-House track

https://soundcloud.com/nosak-2/happy-nosak

looking for constructive criticism/critique on this new track i finished
little bit of Disco'y

thank you for feedback
Proving once again that I can't take my own advice: Pradeh
Originally for the dead-genres compilation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff