Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
Tou-Che about that. Well here's a link to my most recent one.

http://soundcloud.com/antwonious/electric-pulses-from-dark
Sonic1225
Tou-Che about that. Well here's a link to my most recent one.

http://soundcloud.com/antwonious/electric-pulses-from-dark

Your pad is muffling your drums. I'm thinking that it has some low-end stuff that could be filtered away. Also your bassline jumps up and down in volume, I think due to interference from the pad. The two are at around the same frequency range, so they're probably eating at each other. It kind of sounds like they're all super compressed anyway, especially at 2:33 when the drums come back in. I'd suggest opening up FL Studio's mixer (hit f9), go to the master channel on the far left and remove the limiter there, and then pull the volume slider down until the meter no longer goes red. You may need to adjust your computer's volume to compensate.
The pluck at 1:55 is too loud.

The track doesn't really go anywhere. You just have some loops which you repeat a bunch of times, but there's not much variation except for you introducing and removing instruments one at a time. Try thinking more in sections, maybe not quite verse-chorus-verse-chorus, but a similar idea that different parts of the track should feel different and be more distinctly separated from one another instead of blurring into each other.

4,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
Layra-chan

Your pad is muffling your drums. I'm thinking that it has some low-end stuff that could be filtered away. Also your bassline jumps up and down in volume, I think due to interference from the pad. The two are at around the same frequency range, so they're probably eating at each other. It kind of sounds like they're all super compressed anyway, especially at 2:33 when the drums come back in. I'd suggest opening up FL Studio's mixer (hit f9), go to the master channel on the far left and remove the limiter there, and then pull the volume slider down until the meter no longer goes red. You may need to adjust your computer's volume to compensate.
The pluck at 1:55 is too loud.

The track doesn't really go anywhere. You just have some loops which you repeat a bunch of times, but there's not much variation except for you introducing and removing instruments one at a time. Try thinking more in sections, maybe not quite verse-chorus-verse-chorus, but a similar idea that different parts of the track should feel different and be more distinctly separated from one another instead of blurring into each other.

I'll take your advice on that, since you obviously more about Fl studio than I do lol. I don't even have the full edition either, all I have is a Demo

Greedy Bloodsucker

I'm pretty sure I fixed all the more major timing issues I had in this one.

http://soundcloud.com/neoteric-empire/virus-corruption
Changing around my soundcloud as I am going through whole backups of older renders of tracks I never finished - maybe someone will like some of these Evol oldies smile

4,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
Here's a New wip. Not sure If I really want to finish this or what. But oh well. Here you go.

http://soundcloud.com/antwonious/new-wip
Some acid house/acid I found lying around. Just shake and mix well wink

// http://soundcloud.com/evolsine/tresure

King Shapeshifter

Hi,
I did some songs, mainly just playing, and for fun... The more that I listen to them and the older they get it seems the better they get, and the more they grow on me. You can listen, and tell me what you think if you like, just click the pic. in my signature for the link.

Thanks!

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I've got a question. How do I remix a song into electro-house? For example. Let's say that I want to remix a classical song, but the file is an mp3 and not MIDI. How would I go about giving it that electro-house sound? I've got dBlue Glitch, which I guess is good for making electro-house music. But anytime I want to use it on a sample, it doesn't come out sounding like electro-house.
Alukarj
I've got a question. How do I remix a song into electro-house? For example. Let's say that I want to remix a classical song, but the file is an mp3 and not MIDI. How would I go about giving it that electro-house sound? I've got dBlue Glitch, which I guess is good for making electro-house music. But anytime I want to use it on a sample, it doesn't come out sounding like electro-house.

Most people doing remixes of one style of music into another usually do one of two things:

1: Take the important bits, i.e. melodies, hooks, and maybe vocals, and build a track around those pieces, disregarding the original audio file.

2: Use the original audio file as a source of samples, and build a track out of those samples.

In other words, you're going to have to build an electro-house track. You can use the original piece for sources of melodies or samples, but at some point you're going to have to put together some percussion, make a bassline; you're not going to get those by running an mp3 through a bunch of effects. It's not going to sound like electro-house unless you put some electro-house in.

As for putting effects on the original audio, no, I'd actually say that dBlue Glitch is not good for making electro-house music. Not that it's not powerful enough, but it's honestly not very flexible or controllable. At the point where you've reined in Glitch so that it's actually doing something coherent, you might as well just be using a bunch of individual effects. If you want an electro-house sound out of your sample, do the effects yourself. Good glitching comes out of careful sample chopping and deliberate effects choices. Sure, it takes longer. Quality work takes more effort.
Layra-chan
Alukarj

Most people doing remixes of one style of music into another usually do one of two things:

1: Take the important bits, i.e. melodies, hooks, and maybe vocals, and build a track around those pieces, disregarding the original audio file.

2: Use the original audio file as a source of samples, and build a track out of those samples.

In other words, you're going to have to build an electro-house track. You can use the original piece for sources of melodies or samples, but at some point you're going to have to put together some percussion, make a bassline; you're not going to get those by running an mp3 through a bunch of effects. It's not going to sound like electro-house unless you put some electro-house in.

As for putting effects on the original audio, no, I'd actually say that dBlue Glitch is not good for making electro-house music. Not that it's not powerful enough, but it's honestly not very flexible or controllable. At the point where you've reined in Glitch so that it's actually doing something coherent, you might as well just be using a bunch of individual effects. If you want an electro-house sound out of your sample, do the effects yourself. Good glitching comes out of careful sample chopping and deliberate effects choices. Sure, it takes longer. Quality work takes more effort.

Hear hear.
It's the "teach a man to fish" thing. If someone just gives you a fish, then you eat for a day. For the long run, however, you're going to want to learn how to fish for yourself, because the fish being handed out are pretty crappy.

Tipsy Explorer

6,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Advice? Feedback? Like, Dislike? Tell me what you think. smile

http://soundcloud.com/uempromo/gun-chrome-wip-1

Tipsy Explorer

6,900 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100