Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Bloodsucker

I don't think I can make dubstep. I mean, I really have no idea how.
130-140 bpm, half-time percussion, distorted snare drum, wobbles (either high-pass/band-pass filter chained to an LFO or just use filter envelopes).

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Got an audio file? Do this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's probably not the best way, but it works.

Greedy Bloodsucker

Something tells me, I'd get bored while making it. I also need better bass samples, its something I've been looking for for a while.

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Digital Malevolence
Something tells me, I'd get bored while making it. I also need better bass samples, its something I've been looking for for a while.

You'll probably be excited for the first five minutes, and then think, "This is tedious. Simple, but tedious." To me, dubstep only sounds nice as a sound, and not so much as a genre.

Greedy Bloodsucker

Offiser Wolfgang
Digital Malevolence

You'll probably be excited for the first five minutes, and then think, "This is tedious. Simple, but tedious." To me, dubstep only sounds nice as a sound, and not so much as a genre.
Yeah, I've actually come across a few songs now, where there will be a 30 to 45 second part thats all dubstepish, and when done right, it sounds pretty cool. I've also heard songs with like that, but instead of it sounding pretty cool, it sounded completely annoying and it ruined the song completely.

But yeah, I don't know, I think we could come up with a better theme.
Yeah, brostep is really boring to make. I mean, most gimmick genres are really boring to make, but brostep is really boring.

I still think we should do an album of actual techno. Also another summer album would be pretty cool.

Also, this no longer gets better the more I work on it. Therefore I'm done with it.

Lonely Noob

Layra-chan
Yeah, brostep is really boring to make. I mean, most gimmick genres are really boring to make, but brostep is really boring.

I still think we should do an album of actual techno. Also another summer album would be pretty cool.

Also, this no longer gets better the more I work on it. Therefore I'm done with it.

How about we do all genre's of Electronic Music it would be like one huge "All Star" track.

rofl

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Layra-chan

You're Exohedron? :S As for techno, I'm not even sure I know how to even make that. I tried, but I don't think it turned out to be techno.

Noob

http://soundcloud.com/virusdnb/003-1/s-HQIfT

drum & bass / IDM / ambient / experimental

170 BPM.

work in progress.

Witty Poster

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I'd be down for a summer album. Don't really have anything to do until September (which is when I'm headed back into the military).

Also, I'd like to hear AB's thoughts on this.
http://soundcloud.com/asphyxzero/twodads
SenseiLawliet21
Hey would you all mind critiquing mine? I'm not very skilled at the technical aspects of FL Studio, so any help in that would be great. But I'm focused on the music itself. I'm uploading a ton of little things I've made over the past year or so on FL Studios and figured I'd put them on Soundcloud. Keep in mind, all is labeled V1 (version 1) as none is complete. Most was written to be an actual song-song with a band, but when put on FL came out entirely different. As I complete/work on these tracks, I'll re-upload as V2,V3 etc. This is just a small project I've had for a while, so feel free to download any of them if you like them, or to knock them to hell if you hate them.

Here's the soundcloud link:
http://soundcloud.com/juston-spradling/sets/volume-1

Genre is electronic, but it's written for full band parts. (FL serves as my digital notebook)

M35S: Watch your volume levels. When the overdriven rhythm guitar comes in, the kick gets smothered, although that might be the hats or cymbals.

Japan: Again the cymbals seem to be causing problems; the kick is really hard to hear. Try high-passing the cymbals maybe so they don't eat into the kick so much?

Acceptance: The thing that stands out most to me is the blandness of the hats. Well, that and the kick getting eaten, but I'm getting used to that. The hats are rather stale, though. Varying the volume and accentuation would be nice.

22: Compression issues. Stuff is too loud and FL is limitering it so that it smushes when the chorus hits.

Accordingly: Not much to say about this one, but the machinegun kick is rather boring.

E Minor Gen: I think the bass guitar is not interacting well with the kick here. Also the main overdriven guitar might need a little bit of highpassing to get rid of any loose low-end.

Majors: Okay, that ride is kind of terrible. And that is not a kick. The synth and the main guitar during the chorus are too loud.

Recording: The bass could be louder. The hats and cymbals are too loud.

Smooth: Bass needs to be louder, main guitar needs to be quieter.

Sharp: The kick needs to have more beater noise, more top.

Regret: The main guitar drone is way too loud and is taking up the entire frequency spectrum; everything else is mud beneath it.

Beginning: The synth bass too loud, too subby. Also again compression/limiting issues.

Devil: The kick could use a bit of distorting to remove the harsh thumpiness.

Plan: Strings could be louder, cymbals softer. Also, in the section at 1:06, I'd remove the third kick in each triple (the one that's simultaneous with the snare). It doesn't interact well with the snare drum.
the dunngeon

170 BPM.

work in progress.

Some of your samples are a bit loud, in that they hit with a sharp volume jump and a sharp volume fall when they end. Making them a little softer, maybe filtering off a bit of low-end, would make them fit better.

Dapper Dabbler

Offiser Wolfgang
Got an audio file? Do this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's probably not the best way, but it works.

The best way I've found to manipulate the speed of the LFO is to right click on the speed knob in cutoff and edit in piano roll. It makes it nice and simple to keep track of how fast each note is going, and makes it easier to edit the speed of each individual note over time. Only problem is that the lower the bar is, the faster the wobble is. Slightly counter-intuitive but it's easy to get used to.

Noob

Layra-chan
the dunngeon

170 BPM.

work in progress.

Some of your samples are a bit loud, in that they hit with a sharp volume jump and a sharp volume fall when they end. Making them a little softer, maybe filtering off a bit of low-end, would make them fit better.

word.

i forgot to eq the bass part out of some samples good catch. trying to make this s**t be as crisp and fresh as ever

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff