Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Committee Staff Member

Xeethe Ingram

Well, track is done.

http://soundcloud.com/exkyre/vinny-fly-higher-exkyre-remix

It's a good track. I'm not sure what the outcome will be in the contest, however. I went ahead and took a listen to other remixes of this track, and they seem to do a lot of the same repetitious stuff. I found nothing remotely interesting or special. It all comes down to gradually quickening the kicks and obvious build ups. In the end, just about every remix sounds the same. I will say that I overall enjoyed yours over the majority of contestants.

Dangerous Rogue

7,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Sadly, the original track is a very repetitive one and extremely plain. I tried to spiffy it up as much as my own sound can achieve and that was the result.

Xeethe Ingram

Sadly, the original track is a very repetitive one and extremely plain. I tried to spiffy it up as much as my own sound can achieve and that was the result.

I hate doing remixes with little melodies. I usually stay away from those unless they also come with MIDI, or if they're easy to write out by ear. I did a remix for Makree & Edvards Grieze's Feel The Music. It had plenty to work with, but the melody and bass itself were only a verse and chorus or something like that. I ended up using those melodies, as well as creating my own melodies so it wouldn't be repetitive. gonk Of course I didn't win. Still, I thought mine was pretty cool for what it was. Everyone had theirs still going at 128 BPM while mine was going 140. Oddly enough it still sounded good. lol

Dangerous Rogue

7,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Offizier Wolfgang

I hate doing remixes with little melodies. I usually stay away from those unless they also come with MIDI, or if they're easy to write out by ear. I did a remix for Makree & Edvards Grieze's Feel The Music. It had plenty to work with, but the melody and bass itself were only a verse and chorus or something like that. I ended up using those melodies, as well as creating my own melodies so it wouldn't be repetitive. gonk Of course I didn't win. Still, I thought mine was pretty cool for what it was. Everyone had theirs still going at 128 BPM while mine was going 140. Oddly enough it still sounded good. lol

Ah yes, sometimes fun things like that can make all the difference. I guess they had a 128 bpm standard? I know this contest only allows House Styles. And I hate to be cocky, but dammit. After listening to my mix and all the others? Mine stands out the most, there are two mixes that I do like a lot for their simplicity and the mix. But the others? I'm kinda not worried. sweatdrop

Xeethe Ingram
Offizier Wolfgang

Ah yes, sometimes fun things like that can make all the difference. I guess they had a 128 bpm standard? I know this contest only allows House Styles. And I hate to be cocky, but dammit. After listening to my mix and all the others? Mine stands out the most, there are two mixes that I do like a lot for their simplicity and the mix. But the others? I'm kinda not worried. sweatdrop

I don't recall the rules saying anything about 128 BPM for the contest that I was apart of. The thing that really upset me was that most of the remixes had bad vocal syncing, so the lyrics sounded way off. Then there was a really popular one that didn't sound anything like the original and I believe won anyway. If the remixes state that it has to be a particular genre, I remix them anyway, but don't bother being apart of the contest, because I don't like being limited. As for your remix, be cocky all you want. Like I state earlier, there were many I didn't find interesting, and yours was pretty much the only one I actually liked. There was another one that I liked, but I don't remember their name. Either way, I can say I like yours without being bias, because I don't even know you personally. lol

Unless your name is Evolsine, Xeethe Ingram, xxxOHackOxxx, you won't be able to hear this. If you have a SoundCloud and you're willing to share what you think I should add as far as synths or percussion, then send me your e-mail or follow me. I have this set to private because I'm paranoid that the original creator will disqualify me.

Paw Luk - Is Love (Uffe's All's Fair in Love and War Remix)

Noob

little minimal work in progress:

http://soundcloud.com/kiene/untitled/s-AxaCE

just relax and let it take you away
Evolsine
New things up. @SC

You really like that piano, don't you.
Also on both the new tracks I'd suggest giving the snare a little more body.

Morocoonm: If you're still looking for ideas on how to extend the track, I'd suggest using the fact that you've already introduced a little glitchiness in the form of the drumming; Toward the latter parts of the track you can start glitching up the pads and the piano as well.
Layra-chan
Evolsine
New things up. @SC

Morocoonm: If you're still looking for ideas on how to extend the track, I'd suggest using the fact that you've already introduced a little glitchiness in the form of the drumming; Toward the latter parts of the track you can start glitching up the pads and the piano as well.

I have a piano problem. Some strings attached. Hammer it home will you.
Evolsine
Layra-chan
Evolsine
New things up. @SC

It's really not a habit you should sustain. The key is tempering your impulses, ease up on the pedal a bit and try not to be so grand.
Layra-chan
Evolsine
Layra-chan
Evolsine
New things up. @SC

It's really not a habit you should sustain. The key is tempering your impulses, ease up on the pedal a bit and try not to be so grand.

I think that critique hit a raw chord. Only a minor nuisance though.
Evolsine
Layra-chan
Evolsine
Layra-chan
Evolsine
New things up. @SC

It's just a bit leading, you know? A little dominant in your work. Just scale back a bit. Try to let it be a little more natural and the issue will resolve itself.
Layra-chan
Evolsine
Layra-chan
Evolsine
Layra-chan
Evolsine
New things up. @SC

It's just a bit leading, you know? A little dominant in your work. Just scale back a bit. Try to let it be a little more natural and the issue will resolve itself.

I suppose my use of the twinklies could be diminished somewhat. I could never decide if I would come off too Arabic or minorly Hungarian if I kept it up. I'll try to transpose my reliance in future compositions.

Dapper Dabbler

Hello, everyone. I'm just starting out on production, I've made mostly electro and dubstep, and I could really use some serious critiques.

I use Audio Technica ATH-M50's for listening/producing/monitoring/everything. They're excellent and they're the best I can afford.

My SoundCloud is here!

Looking for comments/reviews/whatever on anything and everything.

(And if you listen to the dubstep mix, ignore the volume cuts. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff