Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Regular

Evolsine
savagesarge
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I really don't know what I'm doing....

You posted the link as an image dude ?_?

http://soundcloud.com/sauvagemusic/welp

I did?

Welp...

hahah what a ******** tard
savagesarge
Evolsine
savagesarge

I did?

Welp...

Added feedback on SC
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine
Where is everyone? gonk

Hiatus. I'm sorry. I really need to just stick with one thing. Ugh!

Chamber Trio Op. 3 No. 1 (U.V. Wolfgang) (WIP)

Feedback on SC.
Welp, I need help on making my Dubstep better, this was made in FL with Massive of course, not mastered and still under works, help me fix the s**t outta it?

Bittersweet

The Committee Staff Member

Dubbear
Welp, I need help on making my Dubstep better, this was made in FL with Massive of course, not mastered and still under works, help me fix the s**t outta it?

Bittersweet

I would like to suggest trying to make what sounds like it should be a bassline, an octave or two lower when it comes to the dubstep sound. It also sounds too loud. The kick drum is being drowned out, and I'm hearing this with my headphones on.
Make the bassline softer, bring the sub up a bit more. Also you need to cut some holes, either volume or filter, in the sub and bass for the kick drum to poke through. It wouldn't hurt to add a bit more click/beater noise to the kick drum, maybe by layering in a hi-hat.
savagesarge
Evolsine
savagesarge

I did?

Welp...

Maybe raise the highs on the percussion, especially when the synth comes in. I'd also suggest tightening the kick a bit, not so much release.
The section from 0:31 to 1:01 is kind of long; maybe cut it in half.
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine
Where is everyone? gonk

The kick kind of gets eaten by the low strings. Given the steadiness of the low strings, maybe you should try something other than a 4ttf beat, or at least more variance in the drumming.

The piano and the pad thing are a bit loud. Also the main synth sounds a bit too detuny to hold chords well.
Also the sub jumps in volume depending on pitch.
I like the panning on the hats, but you could actually afford to have them drift from side to side more.

For some reason the only thing that really gets me is the piano melody, which sounds a bit off possibly because there isn't much emphasis on the first note of the phrase. Making that one note a little bit louder and harder would do a lot for that section.

The snare is a little soft or dry or weak or something.

The Committee Staff Member

Layra-chan
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine
Where is everyone? gonk

The kick kind of gets eaten by the low strings. Given the steadiness of the low strings, maybe you should try something other than a 4ttf beat, or at least more variance in the drumming.

Yeah, I find that to be kind of strange myself. I do plan on changing up the rhythm of the drums pattern later on. This all comes from the price of working on headphones. When it comes to the actual mixdown, that's when things should sound a lot better, minus the headphones.
@Lay: Noted. Will take into account on retrack smile

Loyal Gaian

7,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Here is a sample of the music me and my friend are working on. It's been a long process and we are almost done with recording beats for the EP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff