Welcome to Gaia! ::

Any comments on any of my stuff? I want some sharptongued feedback guys !!!
james quall
Evolsine
james quall
Evolsine
james quall
deep minimal dubstep

work in progress ofc

gonna vary some s**t up and make it a little trippier 2

Love the clean feel. Does your bass attack set the bass off from hitting when the kick does? Thats the way it sounds on my end. I'm guessing thats intentional?

not exactly sure what you mean, but yeah the midrange bass attack is up a little bit
everything is lined up tho

I think that midrange attack is what I'm hearing but I'm "feeling" the sub bass just at the cutoff of my cans and it hits hardest later than the kick.

Can anyone else give a differing opinion?

there are like 3 basses total and all of them hit low too

thanks for tellin me tho if im mixing with headphones too so lol rofl never kno when the sub is right until i go out to my car

Good call. Yea, I just have roomates so I can't pull "Jajaja das ist techno sex" at 1 am.

yeah dude this is really cool music

the melodies are great
think it'd be nice headphone/car music

but idk if it's club material (not that it has to be ofc it sounds good as ********)
Ora: The key change at 0:23 is a bit awkward. Also that last vox sample at the end needs a little longer attack on it; there's a tiny pop when it comes back in.
The hats are the main problem with the break: too regular. Shuffle, stutter, syncopate.

Fukushima: Oh man, mixing issues. So much noise in the high end, muddy low end. The kick and the bass do not like each other.

Neutola: I'm almost tempted to suggest you add a bit of trance-gating to one or more of the vox samples.
My music

I posted up my music on a different site than youtube, which I still have in my signature but that's my work with better quality.
http://soundcloud.com/kiene/hank-ill

some serious tear out 140 bpm weighty s**t
venom_virus
My music

I posted up my music on a different site than youtube, which I still have in my signature but that's my work with better quality.

very cool
james quall
http://soundcloud.com/kiene/hank-ill

some serious tear out 140 bpm weighty s**t

The kick and snare seem a bit dry to me.
theyre aight
Layra-chan
Ora: The key change at 0:23 is a bit awkward. Also that last vox sample at the end needs a little longer attack on it; there's a tiny pop when it comes back in.
The hats are the main problem with the break: too regular. Shuffle, stutter, syncopate.

Fukushima: Oh man, mixing issues. So much noise in the high end, muddy low end. The kick and the bass do not like each other.

Neutola: I'm almost tempted to suggest you add a bit of trance-gating to one or more of the vox samples.

Ora: Look into key change. You mean the last instance of the chant? I hate the hats. Should do it by hand. Get some glitch going.

Fukushima: I will have to listen through somehow. It sounds good over on my end sad

Neutola: I think that is a wonderful idea. I lvoe H.G. Wells btw.

What sound output are you using again? Firewire? Pci? USB? PCI-E? What model? I think you hear much more clearly than I do.
I think I am using substandard chipsets to mix. It sounds great on my powered JVC amp with Klipsche speakers. Maybe my Samsung Sub is at fault for all my bass problems. I need monitors.

Thank you for the honest feedback Laylay smile
Evolsine
Layra-chan

Ora: Look into key change. You mean the last instance of the chant? I hate the hats. Should do it by hand. Get some glitch going.

Fukushima: I will have to listen through somehow. It sounds good over on my end sad

What sound output are you using again? Firewire? Pci? USB? PCI-E? What model? I think you hear much more clearly than I do.
I think I am using substandard chipsets to mix. It sounds great on my powered JVC amp with Klipsche speakers. Maybe my Samsung Sub is at fault for all my bass problems. I need monitors.

I'm just using whatever soundcard comes with the Vaio F Series feeding into a Logitech Z 2300.
I don't know if I'm actually hearing real problems or if it's just me being oversensitive. I think you said a while ago that the Logitechs tend to overemphasize the midrange or something, which may be why I think I'm hearing mud.
Layra-chan
Evolsine
Layra-chan

I'm just using whatever soundcard comes with the Vaio F Series feeding into a Logitech Z 2300.
I don't know if I'm actually hearing real problems or if it's just me being oversensitive. I think you said a while ago that the Logitechs tend to overemphasize the midrange or something, which may be why I think I'm hearing mud.

Something about the Z 2300's. Nonetheless I respect your feedback as I hear it on my own setup.
Evolsine
Rhythm Solution Koumaru
http://soundcloud.com/somasol/we-have-this-shell-dubstep-mix

I think it's safe to say that this is as finished as I could get!

Some parts still erk me but overall its a great effort smile Maybe you'll come back to it after a long hiatus?

Ah, which parts in particular? I probably will come back to it at one point, yeah. I just need to figure out a template that works the best for me, instead of switching everything around each new track. I think that might be my issue with how I have so many flaws. Oh, and I really should look into some affordable studio monitors.
Rhythm Solution Koumaru
Evolsine
Rhythm Solution Koumaru
http://soundcloud.com/somasol/we-have-this-shell-dubstep-mix

I think it's safe to say that this is as finished as I could get!

Some parts still erk me but overall its a great effort smile Maybe you'll come back to it after a long hiatus?

Ah, which parts in particular? I probably will come back to it at one point, yeah. I just need to figure out a template that works the best for me, instead of switching everything around each new track. I think that might be my issue with how I have so many flaws. Oh, and I really should look into some affordable studio monitors.

If you mean afforable by good job standards, try Rokkit Red's. If you mean affordable by student standards, try *since they will likely explode*, M-Audio's A30's or A40's.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff