Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pig Farmer Killer
Can someone please give me a good "funky" sounding bass vst or vsti?

Thanks again guys. I want to try out different genre.

Uhm..its not vsts that sound a certain way...its how you filter/program them...or effect them post output. So no, we cannot. You need to learn how to use your specific daw. biggrin
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine
Offizier Wolfgang

I was hoping for some Art Thou Holy Grail vocals like they have in Gregorian Chant. Misleading name. D; Commented as usual.

Find me some son!

Syntheway Magnus Choir
, and EastWest Symphonic Choirs/Voices of Passion. It costs money, just like everything else in this damn world. Torrenting is an option, of course. That isn't something I'd bother with. I've done something like that once and hated it. So that's my fault for not having chants in any of my songs, though I wish I did.

If you want some stuff for free without torrent, look up Edirol Orchestral, and Church Organ 2nd. Edirol Orchestral is one thing I like using for the piano and/or harpsichord. It's a pretty good VST, I think. Especially since you can find it online for free. Church Organ 2nd has a few life like church organ sounds, which is another VST I have. They're pretty good for being free. In the end, you can't expect any VST to sound legitimately "authentic".

Syntheway Magnus Choir

EastWest Symphonic Choirs

Edirol Orchestral

Church Organ 2nd

1. Wait...Orchestral is FREEWARE NOW? I used it in 2007-2008, it was ok but my P3 couldn't deal with the CPU usage. My athlon xp did a bit better but I moved into soundfonts since then.
Layra-chan
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine
Offizier Wolfgang

I was hoping for some Art Thou Holy Grail vocals like they have in Gregorian Chant. Misleading name. D; Commented as usual.

Find me some son!

Syntheway Magnus Choir
, and EastWest Symphonic Choirs/Voices of Passion. It costs money, just like everything else in this damn world. Torrenting is an option, of course. That isn't something I'd bother with. I've done something like that once and hated it. So that's my fault for not having chants in any of my songs, though I wish I did.

If you want some stuff for free without torrent, look up Edirol Orchestral, and Church Organ 2nd. Edirol Orchestral is one thing I like using for the piano and/or harpsichord. It's a pretty good VST, I think. Especially since you can find it online for free. Church Organ 2nd has a few life like church organ sounds, which is another VST I have. They're pretty good for being free. In the end, you can't expect any VST to sound legitimately "authentic".

Syntheway Magnus Choir

EastWest Symphonic Choirs

Edirol Orchestral

Church Organ 2nd

Evol's perfectly happy to use samples and soundfonts if VSTs can't cut it.

I am indeed. I prefer soundfonts but I can repitch samples as needed. Yeesh, all these people and thier vsts! More time spent programming, restretching, cutting, repitching eqing etc! Vsts are just source material, more manipulations is always required!

The Committee Staff Member

Evolsine
1. Wait...Orchestral is FREEWARE NOW? I used it in 2007-2008, it was ok but my P3 couldn't deal with the CPU usage. My athlon xp did a bit better but I moved into soundfonts since then.

I can't remember where I found it, but I Google'd Edirol Orchestral VST. It basically gave me what the first third video shows. I think there are other versions that you would actually have to buy, but I have mine for free.
Yeah, I'd prefer soundfonts rather than those super-bulky sample library VSTs. Soooo much overhead.
I dunno. Just fun remixing a track I was working on in the middle of production.

http://soundcloud.com/evolsine/hum

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Evolsine
I dunno. Just fun remixing a track I was working on in the middle of production.

I'm seeing a lot of gold. That's something I never see in a house track. I like it.
Evolsine

I'm not really feeling the noise hits. Crisper hats (i.e. actual hats, not noise bursts) might help add a bit more groove to the track and clarify the percussion so that the chopping of the synth line would stand out more.
Layra-chan
Evolsine

I'm not really feeling the noise hits. Crisper hats (i.e. actual hats, not noise bursts) might help add a bit more groove to the track and clarify the percussion so that the chopping of the synth line would stand out more.

Im really uncertain about the track tbh. Yea...I did use noise shapes a bit too much. I should do a re-re-mix of the track using something like a TR-707 drumkit smile And less spastic synths. Stay tuned.
Layra-chan
Evolsine

I couldn't live with myself. Enjoy I hope:

http://soundcloud.com/evolsine/ho-huma
Let me try this out...

I have some EPs on iTunes and Beatport as Astair Electro: Astair Electro

.. But now i'm starting a Drum and Bass duo with a musicpartner: Criminal Intent (this track will be available on Beatport later this year)

Hope you like it? ...
zorglub800
Let me try this out...

.. But now i'm starting a Drum and Bass duo with a musicpartner: Criminal Intent (this track will be available on Beatport later this year)

Hope you like it? ...

Didn't enjoy the dnb, but its not bad. Matter of taste. Added comments.

Very modern house stuff. Nothing I can really say. Post individual tracks for feedback. Thats what we do here. If you want to advertise look at the tickies at the top of the forum. smile

Unstoppable Phantom

10,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
zorglub800
Let me try this out...

Hope you like it? ...

Cool stuff!

Tycoon

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sup! Just wanna say Hi and I've seen some cool music on this thread.

I have a little project called 'Distantt' and I make mostly Electro House, Dubstep, a little Progressive House, and sometimes when I am bored I make Mashups.

Main Soundcloud: Distantt
Mashup Soundcloud: Distantt Mashups

Lonely Noob

PureDistantt
Sup! Just wanna say Hi and I've seen some cool music on this thread.

I have a little project called 'Distantt' and I make mostly Electro House, Dubstep, a little Progressive House, and sometimes when I am bored I make Mashups.

Main Soundcloud: Distantt
Mashup Soundcloud: Distantt Mashups

Holy s**t its Distantt
I've been following you on soundcloud for a while heart
Love the music xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items