Welcome to Gaia! ::

Layra-chan
xxxOHackOxxx
Sitar is a guitar right?

Similar to, but much more complicated. In addition to the normal playing strings, the sitar has numerous sympathetic strings to provide resonance and overtones, leading to a much fuller sound than an acoustic guitar produces. It was popular in the 1960s when George Harrison started playing it for Beatles' songs. For example, you can hear it at the beginning of:

Love that song.
Evolsine
Layra-chan
xxxOHackOxxx
Sitar is a guitar right?

Similar to, but much more complicated. In addition to the normal playing strings, the sitar has numerous sympathetic strings to provide resonance and overtones, leading to a much fuller sound than an acoustic guitar produces. It was popular in the 1960s when George Harrison started playing it for Beatles' songs. For example, you can hear it at the beginning of:

Love that song.

This is very close to what I would consider a perfect track. Skillfully composed, wonderfully executed, masterfully arranged and produced. Lush and sonically dense but not in the least muddy or unclear, constantly evolving without being incoherent.
And imagine how much work all of those samples must have taken back then.
Layra-chan
Evolsine
Layra-chan
xxxOHackOxxx
Sitar is a guitar right?

Love that song.

This is very close to what I would consider a perfect track. Skillfully composed, wonderfully executed, masterfully arranged and produced. Lush and sonically dense but not in the least muddy or unclear, constantly evolving without being incoherent.
And imagine how much work all of those samples must have taken back then.

I think I remmeber reading Mccartney reversed samples of ...or was it Lennon reversing samples of...one of them playing piano
I don't know about the piano, but the guitar solo is backwards.

The Committee Staff Member

Evolsine

OMG! A song with a sitar in it! I love that instrument. heart I don't have any complaints about the song. Have you tried putting a bit of a reverb on it to see what that sounds like? Nothing that'll drag the sound along, though.
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine

OMG! A song with a sitar in it! I love that instrument. heart I don't have any complaints about the song. Have you tried putting a bit of a reverb on it to see what that sounds like? Nothing that'll drag the sound along, though.

I might add that. I find reveb on drums gives it the fuller sound I strive for.

Evolsine
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine

I was talking about putting a reverb on the sitar. I guess I should have been specific. But it may sound better on the drums.
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine

I was talking about putting a reverb on the sitar. I guess I should have been specific. But it may sound better on the drums.

Indeed. Youe comment was extremely nonspecirfic razz

Evolsine
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine
Offizier Wolfgang
Evolsine

Indeed. Youe comment was extremely nonspecirfic razz

Sometimes it's a little difficult for me to try and get my thoughts or points across.

New song. Well, relatively old. I wrote it a few months back. I'm putting everything else aside and I want to finish this song. Let me know what you guys and gals think.

Also, I think the kick may be too powerful.

Nocturne Rómánsúil (WIP)
Ret here, and this is a touch off-topic.

From time to time I return to these, my old stomping grounds, for a minute or two to derp about in an unproductive manner and am often convinced, amongst this rare occasion, that my fellow oldbies' knowledge of all things music might be further appreciated/needed elsewhere.

I adhere to the notion that you are enticed by educating the little ones, f.73 being underpopulated, lightly moderated, but as I peruse about Reddit (ie. /r/electronicmusic, /r/edmproduction, the entirety of this list of related subreddits) they beckon.

Educating the tots, while highly admirable, is seemingly not as beneficial as schooling the adults. And there are a many retard amongst said 'Redditors.'

In other words I sort of miss you guys.

Just a thought.

Also;

I will be performing at Beyond Wonderland via MadHatter's Castle in the evening on Saturday, are any of you attending?

Lonely Noob

Is it a bad thing to try to know Ableton and FL or is it worthless and should I stick with only 1 DAW

Lonely Noob

I was thinking this should be posted on front page

But that is entirely up to you
xxxOHackOxxx
Is it a bad thing to try to know Ableton and FL or is it worthless and should I stick with only 1 DAW

It's probably better to get to know a single DAW really well than to know two shallowly. There's no real reason to need to know more than one.
Also, I second the glossary. I'm usually a "use technical terms, ******** you if you don't know them" type of teacher, but that's laziness more than philosophy.

Lonely Noob

Layra-chan
xxxOHackOxxx

Also, I second the glossary. I'm usually a "use technical terms, ******** you if you don't know them" type of teacher, but that's laziness more than philosophy.

So that's a no then?
It might help some people who are really new to Electronic Music Production
Like me emo
Not entirely new though Im still learning stuff sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items