Welcome to Gaia! ::

I guess besides the song about balls not touching, I haven't posted anything in a long time. This week my producer friend told me he was listening back on festival archives and was startled by one of the set's opening tracks.

So was I actually; link. It's so weird being able to hear your work in a public setting, responded to, etc.
Oh, wow. First Pink-chan makes me a track, and then Koukou make me a track. I feel so loved.

Except the mud. Both of you have a lot of mud. And the kick needs more transient. I want to feel the beater. I want to feel it.

And congrats, Ret. Wait, is that yours, or your friends? Either way that's pretty cool.
Layra-chan
And congrats, Ret. Wait, is that yours, or your friends? Either way that's pretty cool.

Thank you! It's the whole writing, vocalizing thing ('ft. Sean Ryan,' etc.), and they fill in the gaps producing.

It's just bizarre hearing it outside of my home studio. Though I wsh I had as much postable material as you guys do...

Layra-chan
I want to feel the beater. I want to feel it.

Egg beater?

3nodding
Unseamed
Layra-chan

Thank you! It's the whole writing, vocalizing thing ('ft. Sean Ryan,' etc.), and they fill in the gaps producing.

It's just bizarre hearing it outside of my home studio. Though I wsh I had as much postable material as you guys do...

Layra-chan

Egg beater?

3nodding

You want to beat my eggs?
Layra-chan
Oh, wow. First Pink-chan makes me a track, and then Koukou make me a track. I feel so loved.

Except the mud. Both of you have a lot of mud. And the kick needs more transient. I want to feel the beater. I want to feel it.

Mud, eh...I've tried adjusting volume, compression, limiting, EQ, maximus...any tips on sharper mixing?
Koumaru
Layra-chan

Mud, eh...I've tried adjusting volume, compression, limiting, EQ, maximus...any tips on sharper mixing?

No clue. I think limiting and compression actually tend to increase mud unless you're sidechaining. The only way I know of to deal with mud is to EQ the s**t out of everything and boost the transients, but that just makes things stick up out of the mud, doesn't really get rid of the mud.

Updated, hope the EQ's better with this. Props to Eskae for the thought.
Layra-chan
Unseamed
Layra-chan

Layra-chan

Egg beater?

3nodding

With my .... curved eggbeater baby. :3
Evolsine
Layra-chan
Unseamed
Layra-chan

Layra-chan

Egg beater?

3nodding

With my .... curved eggbeater baby. :3

User Image
Layra-chan

Mine was inspired by this:
http://www.mixotic.net/free-dj-sets/mixes/13/substuff-lner-2909

So...its not as muddy as that but yea.
Found this on my old comp at my parents.

Yup
Hey guys! I'm on literally just to do this (essay time), but I made Catharsis Records a cool logo, and I have provided a mock up of a CD release cover (the art used is my own etc).

Logo concept:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fake CD cover:

Comments?
THAT IS HOT.
Koumaru
THAT IS HOT.

Hey mikey, I think he likes it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff