Welcome to Gaia! ::

Over the years, Electronic Music has become a medium used in various video games, especially during the Rave explosion of the 90's. So everyone, post legendary Electronic Dance Music composed/featured in Video Games, old and new- I DEMAND IT (Note: if the videos aren't popping up, clicking the links will work)

We'll start off with the most notable video game franchise that accomplishes this: WipeOut

WipEout - CoLD SToRAGE

Cairodrome

Messij

Cardinal Dancer

Operatique

Doh T

Transvaal

Tentative

Philes

Chemical Beats
WipEout Fusion - Plump DJs, various artists. Highlights from this soundtrack

Humanoid - Stakker Humanoid 2001 (Plump DJs 2001 Retouch)

Bob Brazil - Big Ten

Luke Slater - Bolt Up

Intuative - Wav Seeker

Orbital - Funny Break [One is Enough] (Plump DJs Remix)

Elite Force - Krushyn

Blades & Naughty G - Beats Defective

Plump DJs - Big Groovy Funker
WipEout Pure - CoLD SToRAGE (new track & classic tracks from Wipeout 1), various artists. Highlight Tracks from this soundtrack:

CoLD SToRAGE - Onyx

Ming + FS - Hellion

Stanton Warriors - Night Mover
Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.

Aphex Twin - Naks Acid

Hybrid - Zulu

Photek - C Note

Elite Force - Cross the Line

LFO - Flu-Shot

Tiesto - Goldrush (ZOMG A TIESTO TRACK THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE TOTAL CRAP)

TLS: Saxtrax

Plump DJs - Black Jack 3
Wipeout Pulse - various artists

Kraftwerk - Aero Dynamik

Noisia - Seven Stitches

Booka Shade - Steady Rush

B-Phreak & Groove Allegiance - Break Ya Self

Ed Rush, Optical & Matrix - Frontline

Skream - Suspicious Thoughts

Mist - Smart Systems

Move Ya! & Steve Lavers - Chemical

Stanton Warriors - Tokyo

Dopamine - Flat-Out
Content Break! Again, post electronic dance music in video games!

nice one from Eskae, btw- Extreme-G!

Greedy Capitalist

I wish that I had the time to look up a game soundtrack rather than simply playing that damn game.
Ace the Suicidal Tool
I wish that I had the time to look up a game soundtrack rather than simply playing that damn game.

sounds like itd be a safe bet that you eat like a barnyard animal too by that logic. enjoying the soundtrack is part of enjoying the game. also reminds us that you dont produce music. also i will rape you in scbw twisted

Greedy Capitalist

eskAe
Ace the Suicidal Tool

sounds like itd be a safe bet that you eat like a barnyard animal too by that logic. enjoying the soundtrack is part of enjoying the game. also reminds us that you dont produce music. also i will rape you in scbw twisted

Sounds nice.
And besides, I occasionally do look up soundtracks of videogames when i'm obsessed with 'em. I have the entire soundtrack of Skate 1,2, and 3 on my ipod. I also have a lot of the songs from Super Smash Brothers, Sonic the Hedgehog(any generation, essentially), a lot of Mothership, and some Halo.
I don't focus on the music toooo much first-time around. But the music sets the mood, I must admit.
When I play the game after I beat it the first time, I focus on things like that.
And no, I don't produce music. And I don't see why that's a problem(well yeah maybe i'm essentially the only reg that doesn't produce, but honestly, I do not care).
Ace the Suicidal Tool
eskAe
Ace the Suicidal Tool

Sounds nice.
And besides, I occasionally do look up soundtracks of videogames when i'm obsessed with 'em. I have the entire soundtrack of Skate 1,2, and 3 on my ipod. I also have a lot of the songs from Super Smash Brothers, Sonic the Hedgehog(any generation, essentially), a lot of Mothership, and some Halo.
I don't focus on the music toooo much first-time around. But the music sets the mood, I must admit.
When I play the game after I beat it the first time, I focus on things like that.
And no, I don't produce music. And I don't see why that's a problem(well yeah maybe i'm essentially the only reg that doesn't produce, but honestly, I do not care).

everything n64 and before was built to last, infact i see this thread becoming the "n64 music thread" in short order.

i dont even remember halo having music lol, guess thats how uninterested i was in it. nowadays i notice more and more that the music in a game has a lot of influence on my opinion on if i like it or not. with racing games these days thats pretty much the only difference between them especially. i miss back when they'd actually get people to make music specific to the game. even in the ones i and poomaru posted, the sequels ended up just using premade music by established artists. and i never said the fact that you dont produce was necessarily a problem in this instance but rather it would be a fair assumption that it is a reason you dont appreciate or notice the music in games as much as those who are mindful of those things.

nostalgia !!!!!

Greedy Capitalist

eskAe

everything n64 and before was built to last, infact i see this thread becoming the "n64 music thread" in short order.

i dont even remember halo having music lol, guess thats how uninterested i was in it. nowadays i notice more and more that the music in a game has a lot of influence on my opinion on if i like it or not. with racing games these days thats pretty much the only difference between them especially. i miss back when they'd actually get people to make music specific to the game. even in the ones i and poomaru posted, the sequels ended up just using premade music by established artists. and i never said the fact that you dont produce was necessarily a problem in this instance but rather it would be a fair assumption that it is a reason you dont appreciate or notice the music in games as much as those who are mindful of those things.

nostalgia !!!!!

lol, yeah. I love my n64. Haven't played it since I was 12.
I like Halo's music. It's very nice. The Elite ship's music is usually really nice. And more Ambient/Modern Classical stuff on it is also really nice.
And yeah, Wipeout just started using very established producers for their soundtrack. I've heard of nearly all of those producers. I'm not complaining, but it's just lazy.
And I guess you're right.
But one thing that I am acute for would be sounds within the game itself. There are so many noises in a lot of sci-fi video games that would sound spectacular as a sample. Take Dead Space for example. So many random, sharp, creepy noises.
Ace the Suicidal Tool
eskAe

nostalgia !!!!!

lol, yeah. I love my n64. Haven't played it since I was 12.
I like Halo's music. It's very nice. The Elite ship's music is usually really nice. And more Ambient/Modern Classical stuff on it is also really nice.
And yeah, Wipeout just started using very established producers for their soundtrack. I've heard of nearly all of those producers. I'm not complaining, but it's just lazy.
And I guess you're right.
But one thing that I am acute for would be sounds within the game itself. There are so many noises in a lot of sci-fi video games that would sound spectacular as a sample. Take Dead Space for example. So many random, sharp, creepy noises.

yeah that also is rarely appreciated by most people. ive got every single sound effect from FFXI in .wav format on my comp, i use em for phone menu clicks and alerts, its great. im currently going to school for programming, i cant wait to get on a devsquad and pick the brains of the audio team. maybe get my own work in there a ha haaa

also gj jamie you have made the next popular 100+ page thread

Greedy Capitalist

eskAe

yeah that also is rarely appreciated by most people. ive got every single sound effect from FFXI in .wav format on my comp, i use em for phone menu clicks and alerts, its great. im currently going to school for programming, i cant wait to get on a devsquad and pick the brains of the audio team. maybe get my own work in there a ha haaa

also gj jamie you have made the next popular 100+ page thread

?! That's so cool. How did you get all of the SFX? Is there a site to download .wav files of 'em?
And thats cool. I wanted to do programming long ago, but then I realized how much I suck at math.
So starting this September, I'll just stick to Sociology.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff