Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you know how old electronica was?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on March 11, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2

Patate Frite
Electronica is Electronic Music to twit americans..America Electronica.

Yea, it is.
Your point?
GLITCH_OS
[
The term "electronica" its self is a loose term at best. A word "MOST" people in and out of the electronic sein use to describe Electronic music as a whole.

I understnd what you are saying, but your method of statment is wrong.

What I'm saying is that people erroneously called it "techno" in the 80's, called it electronic dance music in the 90's...and people like me who were already into this sort of music laughed at the whole "electroniCAH" word,
especially since it's used today.
pockybot
GLITCH_OS
[
The term "electronica" its self is a loose term at best. A word "MOST" people in and out of the electronic sein use to describe Electronic music as a whole.

I understnd what you are saying, but your method of statment is wrong.

What I'm saying is that people erroneously called it "techno" in the 80's, called it electronic dance music in the 90's...and people like me who were already into this sort of music laughed at the whole "electroniCAH" word,
especially since it's used today.

pockybot, you should buy "Last night a dj saved my life" a great book, about the history of the dj. has a bunch of chapters dedicated to club music. in the eighties all electronica music was reffered to as house, and in the nineties as techno
Yet again, here's another pointer to Ishkur's site. Click on the sparkling new "tutorial", which is both entertaining and informative. All in one! Isn't the intarwebby great?

http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Edit: Probably the best thing on the whole thing that puts an end to this argument. (I think.):

"The real inventor of electronic music was Grog, who in 65,000 BC started banging his stick against a rock in a rhythmic, synchronous repetetitetitetive motion, thereby producing the first tribal track. And what, pray tell, is so electronic about that? Well....he was struck by lighting at the time. It really gave an analogue warmth and fullness to his sound."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff