Welcome to Gaia! ::

a.k.a. Simon Green.

Real solid downtempo producer. So far, I've only listened to Black Sands and Black Sands Remixed (which contains some original material as well as some guest artists), but what I've heard I've really enjoyed. I'll probably look into his earlier work at some point in the near future.

Anyhoo, here's some sample tunes:

So share your thoughts. Anyone else a fan?

UPDATE: I gave Days to Come (2006) a listen, which was also good, but I personally prefer Black Sands. Days to Come felt much more vocal-oriented, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, I think Bonobo generally does better work as an instrumental producer. Also, for the vocal tracks on Black Sands (there are a few, though fewer than Days to Come), he featured Andreya Triana, rather than Bajka like on Days to Come, which I think worked a lot better.

Greedy Capitalist

I'm bumping. You assholes need to hear this s**t.

Super Gekko

Real Horrorshow Groodies

Nice. This has been on my iPod a while.
He doesn't amaze me, but he's certainly a solid producer.
Check out Sonic Bloom.

Awesome festy in CO in which Bonobo is headlining.

eff yeah
This was actually really good.
I hate to sound like a new kid, but this genre is called Downtempo? And anyone care to name some downtempo artist/songs/albums? I'm trying to take this electronic thing, one confusing sub genre at a time.
Tylermiller8888
This was actually really good.
I hate to sound like a new kid, but this genre is called Downtempo? And anyone care to name some downtempo artist/songs/albums? I'm trying to take this electronic thing, one confusing sub genre at a time.

Yeah, electronic music is very confusing genre-wise. I don't know a ton about it myself. But if you're looking for some good downtempo, I'd recommend Boards of Canada, Guitar, Air, Portishead, Massive Attack, Androcell, and Moby.

@lets_get_sandy: Sounds like a cool festival, but I'm an east coast kid, so Colorado's a bit of a trek considering Bonobo is the only artist on the lineup that I'm familiar with.
Everytime I listen to Bonobo, I have to change my panties. :3

Greedy Capitalist

ManicShadow

I feel the same way. rofl
Ace the Suicidal Tool
ManicShadow

I C WAT U DID THAR. HARHARHAR.

Greedy Capitalist

ManicShadow
Ace the Suicidal Tool
ManicShadow

I C WAT U DID THAR. HARHARHAR.

I know, I suck at making jokes. emo
But Bonoo is really good stuff.

Spooky Bum

20,625 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
A tutor of mine put on black sands during life drawing a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately his music taste hasn't quite been up to scratch since! Made for a pretty fun drawing jam though.
Ah I do enjoy a bit of Bonobo every now and then.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff