Welcome to Gaia! ::

Over the years, what albums did you buy when they came out expecting it to kick a**...but instead you realize it more or less was poop? Only list albums you got when they originally came out that you had high hopes for.

For me itd be:

1. Skinny Puppy 'The Process'(jan 96) My goodness...I had already been a huge puppy fan for 2 years, so it felt like a kick in the groin to here the direction this cd went.

2. Front Line Assembly 'Millennium'(jul 1994) and Flavour of the Weak(aug 199 cool As great as Front Line can be, sometimes they can venture into pretty weak territory(as far as what fans were hoping for)

3. Apoptygma Berzerk "Harmonizer"(march 2002) Wow...one of the most disappointing EBM/futurepop releases for alot of people including me, this seemed more like a bad Detroit House kind of hurried album than a great futuristic anthemic album.

4. Nine Inch Nails 'The Fragile'(sept 99) We all had waited 5 and a half years...and then boom. HEaring the first singles(especially the rather weak Were in this together) I couldnt help but feel a bit sad. NIN: 1988-1998

5. Prodigy 'Outgunned...'(2004) WHAT...THE ????? What happened?
I heard Liam had a completed album in 2002, but shleved it and made this album...which has to be thee most disappointing cd of last year.

6. Front 242 "Pulse"(jul 2003) Its sad what Front 242 has become...first putting out one of the worst scene releases ever, and then now just doing overpaid dj gigs. Hopefully 2005 will mark the real return of the EBM pioneers.

7. Nitzer Ebb "Big Hit"(1995) Oy vei. Once one of the top EBM bands of the late 80's/early 90's, Nitzer Ebb came back trying to appeal to a mainstream audience...unfortunately it pretty much ended their career.

8. Bigod 20 "SuperCute"(1994) Again, like Nitzer Ebb...somehow signing to a major label wasnt the brightest idea sound wise.

9. Ministry "Filth Pig"(march 1996)Any enthusiasm I once had for Ministry went out the window with this horrific release.

10. Crystal Method "Tweekend"(2001) Thankfully Legion of Boom rocks my socks off, but for some reason Tweekend just wasnt the great followup to 1997's Vegas I was expecting.
Hmm...

Ladytron - Lights and Magic

When I got it, it was great, and then....slowly lost it's greatness.
Bah anyhoo, there are still some great songs out by them.
Wuzzel
Hmm...

Oooh, that wa sone of my faves of 2002...and for a lot of people, that was their first Ladytron album(even tho they have EPs before that) I didnt like Ladytron at first(back when Playgirl came out)
Wuzzel
Hmm...

gonk
Heh, I rather liked The Fragile.. it brings back blah memories tho. sweatdrop
Icon Of Coil - Uploaded and Remixed...
I RAN to the store to get this...and it really really sucked compared to releases of theirs like "Machines Are Us"
Wuzzel
Hmm...

Agreed, though I was never a huge fan of Ladytron to begin with. Highly overrated, imo.

Well, I was really quite disappointed with (non-electronic group) Sigur Ros's ( ) album to begin with. It grew on me, but I fell in love with their sound through Agaetis Byrjun, which was quite a different album - it had more variety in sound and emotion and much more of an epic feel. The songs in ( ) just felt too similar to one another and had a more sparse sound. Also, songs such as Untitled #4 which some hailed to be the greatest song they had ever heard didn't do much for me.

It's not a bad album by any means; it was just that Agaetis Byrjun blew me away like no album had previously, and regardless of how ( ) ended up sounding it would've been unlikely to meet up to expectations.
Bad Boy Bill - Bangin' the box v4 I was expecting good oldschool BBB funky US hardhouse. Unfortunately, all I got was a mix of songs i've heard a hundred times with some inventive scratching over top. Though an okay CD, i was highly disappointed.
Funkrise
Bad Boy Bill - Bangin' the box v4 I was expecting good oldschool BBB funky US hardhouse. Unfortunately, all I got was a mix of songs i've heard a hundred times with some inventive scratching over top. Though an okay CD, i was highly disappointed.

Aww... Though I do agree it's not entirely up to snuff with the other ones I've heard from him, I did enjoy that one. Well, okay mostly the begining. XP
Used Car Salesman Jim
Icon Of Coil - Uploaded and Remixed...
I RAN to the store to get this...and it really really sucked compared to releases of theirs like "Machines Are Us"

I'm sorry jimmy, I have to disagree on that one, I loved that album, some great mixes by funkervogt, apoptygma berzerk, and daedal, with some brilliant exclusive tracks, and 2004 versions, make that CD a winner.
Gwen Stafani - Love Angel Music Baby

It seemed like it was thrown together at the last min. Nothing about it is consistant. The beats, song topic, visuals and images used to promote the album, and just about everything else looked like about 8 difent people with 8 differnt views made it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff